Share This Page:

how to _lose_ muscle?

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
jef

how to _lose_ muscle?

Post by jef »

yes, you read it properly.

I need to loose both fat and muscle, muscle being the main one.

I went to the doctors yesterday about some sleeping pills, and he took my weight and was staggered and wouldn't believe I don't bodybuild, and I have to wait and do some blood tests on thursday to proove im not on steroids before he'll give me the sleeping pills.

tipping the scales at just over 23 stone, 6foot 3 and a half, and 14% body fat.

I can happily walk for miles and can happily rack up 130-140 pressups in 2 minutes(ish), but running is _real_ hard, and I'm currently wanting to get fit in order to get into the Army.

just stopped smoking and cutting out the alchohol/pop for water. about to change my diet, and started walking more. wanna start bulking 'down' and I'm pretty sick of people round town walking past and saying 'ha look at that roider' too.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks.

James E. Fletcher. :)
jef

Post by jef »

well, never ever done cardio, as far as i know it's just 'run' however long you can at a fairly steady pace, then do it again for a week or two, then have 1 night at sprinting inbetween intervals or somthing.

definately need diet help. atm I live on meat.

was looking into going onto a proper cereal for breakfat instead of my mum's realy quite great, sausage sandwich, and also this type of meal as my evening meal (before I excersise).

If I'm going to cut out alot of the meat, and replace it with veg/fruit/complexcarbs, then is it wise to use soya beans to keep a protein level up?

Thanks,
James E. Fletcher. :)
tom163

Re: how to _lose_ muscle?

Post by tom163 »

jef wrote: happily rack up 130-140 pressups in 2 minutes(ish)
I'm sorry are them figures correct....you can do 140 pressups in 2 minutes. So basicly you can do 1 pressup in 0.75 of a second (give or take a milisecond).

If it is indead true I appologize but ive never seen such a thing.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Oh I can believe it, the world record for push-ups in 5 minutes = 441 which would work out at about 88 push-ups a minute. Form may be dodgy but it's still possible.
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

:o If you are truly that weight with that low a body fat then your going into the wrong business mate, You could be the new mr Olympia haha . Seriously though up the cardio and drop the calories whilst keeping your protein high . Obviously your genetically a very big guy so your never going to be an amazing runner but you can improve on what you can do at the minute to a reasonable standard, But yeh stick to good amounts of cardio and the weight will start to come off.
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
jef

Post by jef »

yup. would be even faster on average if I was to only do about 50, done them since I was 12, at first thinking that'd keep me in shape, then after a while just out of routine, but now I really want to level it out more, in order to sign up.

Regardless of this, I consider myself very out of shape, cardio-wise, and that's where I'm currently wanting to get better. at 23 stone the lightest i can probably be (just by losing half my fat) is probably 21 stone, which would think is still a stupid weight by anyones standards? (wouldn't have thaught it's any good for your back, or running)
jef

Post by jef »

marinewannabe wrote::o If you are truly that weight with that low a body fat then your going into the wrong business mate, You could be the new mr Olympia haha . Seriously though up the cardio and drop the calories whilst keeping your protein high . Obviously your genetically a very big guy so your never going to be an amazing runner but you can improve on what you can do at the minute to a reasonable standard, But yeh stick to good amounts of cardio and the weight will start to come off.
yea, like I say, I've gotta do this blood test tomorrow to proove to my doctor i'm not on steroids to get these sleeping pills I need.

Regarding the cardio advice, very much appreciated. is it wise to suppliment any meat for soya beans? or does it not make much difference?

Cheers,
James.
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Haha meat for soya beans , but no it wont make any difference.
Theres only one scientifically proven way to lose weight and that is through creating a calorie deficit ( Taking in less calories then what your body needs for its daily activity) this equates to roughly 3500 calories a week you need to cut out of your diet to lose around 1b a week at a steady rate, obviously this will speed up with the aid of cardio just generally eat more healthy smaller portions more frequently.
Cardio wise gently build it up with brisk walking , swimming , rowing running e.t.c. 3-4 times a week .
He who deliberates fully before taking a step will spend his entire life on one leg.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Am I the only one who wants to see a picture of you? In a strictly straight, non 4 PARA Mortars kind of way 8) 8)
marinewannabe

Post by marinewannabe »

Haha in a definetly not beef way i want to see a phot of him as well .
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Illustrious wrote:Am I the only one who wants to see a picture of you? In a strictly straight, non 4 PARA Mortars kind of way 8) 8)
With ref my bold, if you're going to take the mick at least get it right matey :roll: :wink:

Oh and as for the straight bit, well, who are you kidding! :lol:
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

God dammit, I knew I was wrong and I swear Im straight! They come on to me... Funny story actually... :o :o
Mya

Post by Mya »

Hi, with regards to the healthier eating, you need lots of protein, chicken, fish or even chickpeas. Lots of salad, veg or fruit. Complex carbs. Try and swap white bread/pasta for wholewheat versions. Cut down red meat as much as you can. Definately ditch the sausage sarnie for cereal or porridge, top it with fruit to make it more interesting. Don't cut out all the things you love to eat as you'll get annoyed and crave them more, just try and have healthier alternatives.
Best thing is cooking as much as possible from scratch then you know what's in it.

Hope it helps, good luck.
OrcinusOrca

Post by OrcinusOrca »

Jef you have to post a pic I've never seen someone that size, not someone whos naturally over 300lbs and 14%bf thats like Mariusz Pudzianowski size. I'm tempted to come over to matlock, I'll just look out for the bull on two legs.
Is this you?