Share This Page:

Phase 1 tommorrow with injury.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
agapito

Phase 1 tommorrow with injury.

Post by agapito »

I start phase one tomorrow, but i've got an ligament injury, im going to show up for training but no idea how it's going to work out for me, would love to hear some words of inspiration.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

First few days will mainly be full of talking and collecting your kit.
agapito

Post by agapito »

I know but ligament injury take a while to heal but i bin resting for 3 weeks and when i get physical for about 10 mins it hurts.
mfat_man

Re: reply

Post by mfat_man »

agapito wrote:I know but ligament injury take a while to heal but i bin resting for 3 weeks and when i get physical for about 10 mins it hurts.
Which ligament - ankle?

If it's a bad injury then stay off it completely.

Use some ice to keep any swelling down and get some medical advice!

You will cause permanent damage if not careful....
agapito

Post by agapito »

I think it's a knee injury because it hurt's at the back of my right leg where the muscles are, it doesnt hurt now because i've rested for around 3 weeks but i wonder how it will work out if i go and get to about week 2...will they give me physio or will i have to wait a next 5-6 months to join? if thats the case i would be very p*ssed, quit a good job and bin having problems with the missus cause of the army.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

What will happen is, when you have your medical you won't be passed by the doctors and you will be signed off as UFAS (Unfit For Army Service) then you'll have to wait round for a few weeks to be discharged.

If you fail your initial medical there's not much going for you as you're not allowed to start training and they don't usually send people into a remedial platoon that early in training.

What you should have done is got in touch with your AFCO before you started and had them push your joining date back, as it is you'll probably have to wait at least 6 months after you're discharged until you can re-join.

Unfortunately words of inspiration can't help with injury's.
agapito

Post by agapito »

Hello then guys, just writing to say still injured but soldiering it out and cracking on, erm i didnt get discharged even though i thought i would of i went to "sick"(the med centre) and got some physiotherapy which made my leg feel abit better im on my second week on monday and i've got a 3 mile run hoping to crack on with that aswel.

Note: I was thinking of joining the 7RHA PARA Reg after passing out but my heart is kinda telling to to f**k the army and go for the marines.
agapito

Post by agapito »

And there is always one, im not bothered which way i put it, i was gunna join the regular para's but i wanted to do a little bit more than just regular infantry.
Alfa

Re: reply

Post by Alfa »

agapito wrote:Hello then guys, just writing to say still injured but soldiering it out and cracking on, erm i didnt get discharged even though i thought i would of
You lucky bastard!
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

agapito, which platoon are you?
agapito

Post by agapito »

108 Squadron
agapito

Post by agapito »

I'm proud to say i'm in week 7 weeks now.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Spelling has not improved though.