Share This Page:

RAF Regiment Gunner Next Steps?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Im not going for anything as of yet. Im off to uni in September and will hopefully join the armed forces once finished.

I like the idea of an infantry role, but have been interested in the Royal Engineers for a few years.

Not having much luck, problem after problem with my feet/ legs.

First i had tarsal coalition, then acute shin splints, which i had special orthotics made for, these dont seem to work, so it now seems i may have anterior compartment syndrome which i am waiting to have some tests for.

Im not sure i would do to good on the medical myself.
Alfa

Re: .

Post by Alfa »

?Who Shot Terry Taliban? wrote:I failed because of a heart murmur that I didnt know I had but I will have to get it checked out and all that witch will take months so may not be the end but most likley is.
It's not necessarily the end at all mate, lots of people joining the forces get deffered for heart murmurs but that doesn't mean they're all barred from service.

What happens in the Army is that you're referred to a cardiologist who will give you a scan etc.. to see what type of murmur you have. Most people who are picked up have a benign heart murmur which is no bar to service and you're then given a new date for selection.

Obviously the RAF might work differently but I doubt their policy towards this condition differs much from the other Services.

I was actually deffered for a heart murmur myself when I first applied and was given the all clear for joining. In fact the doctor actually told me that the reason I had it was probably cause I had a high level of fitness, go figure that one out! :lol:

Anyway good luck though mate and don't give up just yet. :wink:
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

Cheers for that mate I wasnt sure how it all worked
Had my ECG done few days ago so will fone up monday and see
They did say at the AFCO once Ive got the all clear I can just have another medcial.

So I'll keep you all posted.
RAF REGIMENT
Application: 11/07/08.
AST: 16/07/08 Pass.
Selection Interview: 01/08/08 Pass.
Health Assessment: 12/08/08 Fail.
agapito

Post by agapito »

Why would you chose RAF Gunner instead of engineers? Have a think before you go.
?Who Shot Terry Taliban?

Re: reply

Post by ?Who Shot Terry Taliban? »

agapito wrote:Why would you chose RAF Gunner instead of engineers? Have a think before you go.
Well to start with in the RAF you need GCSE's C+ to do that plus not my sort of thing would rather be in the thick of it so to speak.
RAF REGIMENT
Application: 11/07/08.
AST: 16/07/08 Pass.
Selection Interview: 01/08/08 Pass.
Health Assessment: 12/08/08 Fail.