Share this page:

26 is the magic number?

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
drummerja

26 is the magic number?

#1 Post by drummerja »

is 26 the pass mark for the barbs test? curious, my PT hadnt a clue, and i dont know what to train for the pass mark. cheers for any insight.

Advertise your company or services here and contact us today!

CardSharpe
Casual Member
Casual Member

#2 Post by CardSharpe »

I have no idea of what the pass mark is, but I really wouldnt worry so much about failing the barb test - what job are you hoping to beable to do, Parachute Regiment?

I managed 65 and I had(have) dyslexia, I was told 60 was the average, and I got access to alot of technical jobs like groundcrew, royal engineers etc, and obviously the infantry options, including the Parachute Regiment.

If you're after the Parachute Regiment I would imagine the required barb test result wont be extremely high - the test itself is pretty easy too, unless you have extreme issues with basic maths & english, or other learning difficulties, I would think you'll be ok :)

Did you get that leaflet that tells you what its all about? There are test questions in there that should show you.

DJSOLUTION

#3 Post by DJSOLUTION »

I done my barb test on Monday and I only scored 51 :( I said I was 100% parachute regiment or nothing and he said I scored amazing for the paras so it must be pretty low.
Also how come the maths and english test dosnt effect your score as I only got 4 wrong in the maths and I was quite pleased with my self.
Application sent - 16/07/2008
BARB Test - 04/08/2008 PASSED
Insight course - 05/09/2008 PASSED

drummerja

yea

#4 Post by drummerja »

well my sights ad heart are set on the paras. i only asked 26 because thats what i heard it was. ive not done a bleep test, so im not sure how high i can get it, but im sure i will do one on the insight course on the 29th. as far as the barbs test goes, ive not done english etc since high school, so only 2 years old. i got 2bs in english and a d in a maths, and 2 cs in science, but im sure a simple test wont prove to hard. i hope ne ways

MajorRageUK

#5 Post by MajorRageUK »

Hi, the pass mark for the Parachute Regiment is 55.

Ben.