Share This Page:

Fighting Fit

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Wilko

Fighting Fit

Post by Wilko »

Hello all

I have been reading these forums for a month or so cause i am going to join the paratroopers. I had a practice selection last Tuesday but unfortunaly had a virus so i messed up my 1.5 miler. I have 8 weeks now untill i take my practice selection again (before they will send me for real selection) so i have bought the book fighting fit and was wondering if anyone could suggest what training to do in there, the 16 week seems like the best but as i only have 8 weeks should i start half way through it or just start from the beggining anyway?

Thanks in advance

(apolagys for any spelling of grammer mistakes, im not too good at that)
drummerja

meh

Post by drummerja »

i dont think your wording is quite correct m8, the way it is coming across to me is that you bought the book and you are wondering what to do there (what? lol, where in the book), if you mean in your 16 week training programme, then i have no idea :) but if you wondering how to get fighting fit as in boxing or muay thai kickboxing, then im sure i can help you out there.
Wilko

Post by Wilko »

Basically i was saying i have 8 weeks but the fighting fit training routine is 16 weeks but i have decided now to use paratrooper01s suggested training as that will fit my time scale perfectly. Thank you for telling me my message was confusing though, i need to remember my english lessons.