Share This Page:

Who's still around

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
LostandFound

Post by LostandFound »

Currently in the process of rejoining. Wrapped RT due to financial problems.

(long story short - sale of my house fell through once I was at CTC, couldnt afford to stay as needed to go home and sort some strutural work on the gaff. Completed it, house has now sold, having to do PRMC again and hopefully back in RT by end of 08)
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

Still alive. :D

Can't afford to join the Marines anymore. Attempted to join as an officer but was told by the AFCO that being colourblind would almost certainly prevent from joining as anything but a standard recruit. Can't afford to take such a huge drop in pay unfortunately.

I'm still working for and running a successful letting agent in Portsmouth and I see this as my career now.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
Mike90

Post by Mike90 »

Sorry to go off topic but I am intruiged at why being colourblind would stop you from joining as an officer yet not as a 'standard' recruit? :-?
ali_hire

Post by ali_hire »

So am I.

Passed the medical for recruit entry but the AFCO told me that my CP (colour perception) score was too low to be accepted as an officer.
Aways look on the bright side of life.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

LostandFound wrote:Currently in the process of rejoining. Wrapped RT due to financial problems.

(long story short - sale of my house fell through once I was at CTC, couldnt afford to stay as needed to go home and sort some strutural work on the gaff. Completed it, house has now sold, having to do PRMC again and hopefully back in RT by end of 08)
Unlucky mate, must have been tough having commitments like that at home at the time of RT. You know whats coming 2nd time round eh!
Artist

Post by Artist »

Wholley wrote:I'm still here.....
Not that anyone cares :o
Think I'll go and eat worms.
Not frying any more Moles then? :D

I'm still here. I left our sister site about four months ago. www.militaryforums.co.uk because of the Eeijuts who use it these days.

Artist
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

I'm still here. I left our sister site about four months ago. www.militaryforums.co.uk because of the Eeijuts who use it these days.
Fits would be had if you saw the fatherless gobshite posts on http://www.prmc.co.uk Artist... :o
jm745

Post by jm745 »

Gutted I go on that site.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Aye, Ive had a few run ins with some of the muppets over there. I brang up a perfectly legitimate argument about someone who said they couldnt run 10 minutes at 14kph on a running machine then the following week being able to run 16kph for over an hour. Straight off the bat, a few of the lads jumped on me and one said he'd done more than I could ever hope to achieve, little scrote hasnt even passed PJFT yet :evil:
Doc

Post by Doc »

I'm not here anymore so poo!

Farking nosey question anyway isnt it? What with Giraffes crapping in my window box and questions like these its no wonder Ive turned to inserting frozen cornflakes up my arsch!

On a more friendly note - b minor - I am still here and sincerely hope my opening line didnt confuse you :lol:
Artist

Post by Artist »

misterpurple wrote:
Fits would be had if you saw the fatherless gobshite posts on http://www.prmc.co.uk Artist... :o
Been there, looked about, left!

Artist
misterpurple

Post by misterpurple »

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4258

This thread just about sums it all up. I pray to Allah these pre-pubescent scrotes discover alcopops and smashing up bus shelters before they get round to the arduous task of filling in the form. 'Cos that would make them nearly snipers and therefore well hard. :o

And yes, the misterpurple is me. :lol:

Edited to add: Looks like a few of them have toned it down since I posted. The attitude is typical of the site though.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

misterpurple wrote:http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4258

This thread just about sums it all up. I pray to Allah these pre-pubescent scrotes discover alcopops and smashing up bus shelters before they get round to the arduous task of filling in the form. 'Cos that would make them nearly snipers and therefore well hard. :o

And yes, the misterpurple is me. :lol:

Edited to add: Looks like a few of them have toned it down since I posted. The attitude is typical of the site though.

I know i know, this threads a little old, but my god the training team are going to have some fun with this lot i think.

Did you see the 'pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever tattoo?...on the forearm!!!

:o :o :o its not as if they wont see it...stand by....

One of them has his title or URL thingy, whatever it is as 'THE MARINE'....not quite yet mate.

Still, best of luck to them.

dwarfy,
Last edited by dwarfy on Sat 18 Oct, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Woops, i double posted i was so shocked....
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

ali_hire wrote:Passed the medical for recruit entry but the AFCO told me that my CP (colour perception) score was too low to be accepted as an officer.
I am CP4 and i could have applied for officer. I chose soldier instead. Never looked back. 8)

Im living the dream after coming home from Herrick VIII.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!