Share This Page:

Who's still around

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
jabcrosshook

Who's still around

Post by jabcrosshook »

Just wondering as the amount of posts has dropped lately, who's still around and what's everyone upto?
I'm currently working for network rail as a data clerk, which isn't all that exciting and isn't very secure as we are undergoing a re-orginisation and at the moment there are 3 people doing my job and after the re-org is complete there will be only 1. :o
Will probably be a couple of years now before I get to join as I have a couple of financial obligations to meet first and I have a niggling shin leg injury, but sooner the better.
So what's everyone upto?
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

Just left school finish up exams next few weeks, also had some annoying niggles with my calves but there on the mend. Now I’ve left school I’ll be having much more time to train even when I got collage I’m only doing 15-18 hours a week + I’ll probably get my self a part time job.

Gained a little bit of weight (in a good way! :P ) due to my running taking a step down, I’ve been doing nothing but full body circuit training and boxing in the evenings and cracking on with some max strength/explosive weights in the morning, mainly to help my boxing.

Cricket session is going good (only been out once :) and having a good time with the gloves)

Turned 16, brought a scooter and basically I’m having a great time off it at the moment :wink:

All the best people

Stokey
tom163

Post by tom163 »

I'm in my 3rd year at college studying Computer Support which will get me 3 A levels when i'm done :). Obviously still wanting to join the Parachute Regiment but waiting till after my college course (ends in 1 year) before I join, which will give me some more time to mature first lol. Still doing my training in spare days and looking for a part time job aswel to get some extra money to run my car.

Passed my driving test first time about a month ago and got me a great car and i'm always messing about with it either fixing it or just adding stuff (not a boy racer though). Looking forward to my 18th in the next 2 weeks going out with some mates and all. Also got me a PS3 other week so thats been keeping me entertained lately :lol:

and i'm off to the Chatsworth Rally in the next few weeks aswel.

Think thats about it
ofens

Post by ofens »

I'm still around, try to check in here most weekends!
Got to week 15 in RM training then went into Hunter ... hope to be out of there soon and back into mainstream training!

Funnily enough I too worked for Network Rail as a temp Data Clerk, just around the time when I decided to join up & while I was there found MFAT.
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Tom, cant be a great car if you're always out fixing it :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

ofens wrote:I'm still around, try to check in here most weekends!
Got to week 15 in RM training then went into Hunter ... hope to be out of there soon and back into mainstream training!

Funnily enough I too worked for Network Rail as a temp Data Clerk, just around the time when I decided to join up & while I was there found MFAT.
Ah, you were a mimms machine too, so you'll know how brilliantly exciting it is. You still suffering dreams of those standard job numbers? I bet you miss waifs. :lol:
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Illustrious wrote:Tom, cant be a great car if you're always out fixing it :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
But most of the problems were caused my me in the first place 8). "Whats this red cable for.....OH CRAP put it back in..put it back in" :lol:
SNiDE

Post by SNiDE »

Just wondering as the amount of posts has dropped lately, who's still around and what's everyone upto?
Currently I'm living my dream as a food dispensement supervision assistant clerk whilst reattending college and shortly joining the TA and afterwards rejoining RT at lympstone. I've come to realise through my time in the real world that all of the problems that I have with anyone at all are a case of people being jealous of my devilish good looks, and my play boy life style; but hey, not everyone can work in a fish & chip shop. In short, life is great
Para_Hopeful

Post by Para_Hopeful »

Last edited by Para_Hopeful on Thu 03 Feb, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Half-term at school which means revising for the dreaded A2 exams. Raining today (monday) which means cricket is off which is a bugger. Half the Friends Provident games are off, which means less time checking Cricinfo and more time sat at my desk. Never needed at work (Plymouth Central Library, casual cover) which is a shame because it isn't that bad. When it dries up later I'll go out on a run, found a new route which is nice-change of scenery!

Driving test at the end of July, Leavers Dinner end of June, plenty of cricket to come and freeeeedom in the summer! Which actually means finding a full time job!

Hopefully would like to do a bit of travelling soon, also finding some decent employment to look good on my applictaion for an RM Commission. Improving on the fitness as well, everything would be fine if it wasn't for exams!!!! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!! :evil:

David
jm745

Post by jm745 »

I know what you mean mate, did 3 philosophy exams on friday, got 2 more and a history.

Can't wait 'til there over, bit of freedom over summer,
and I'm also trying to sort out a full time job,
fitness has been giving a kick up the arse starting from today.

Gotta try and keep off the beer this summer though.

Joe
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Para_Hopeful wrote:I will be deciding whether to rejoin the Paras or,as Ive recently come to be properly aware of and interested in,the RM. 8)
You need to wash your mouth out after saying that, traitor :P
Para_Hopeful

Post by Para_Hopeful »

Last edited by Para_Hopeful on Thu 03 Feb, 2022 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fodd

Post by fodd »

Im now 23 joined Royal Marine training when i was 19 and got injured had to leave because of my injury anyway iv'e grown up alot since leaving im now running a I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! in civvie street which has given me skills in managing people.Im going traveling around asia and australia in 5 months and then rejoining the marines so when I rejoin im going to be a lot tougher a person and more ready for a career to many of my mates I joined up with want out so they can go traveling etc.
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

Too busy training, working, my girlfriend and social life in general to come on here as much. If I'm on now it's only to read post's and leave a comment when I feel like it - such as now. :D

Anyway, I'm still around and check in from to time.
All the best.
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."