Share This Page:

Royal Engineers

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
mark.f

Royal Engineers

Post by mark.f »

Hi,
just wondering if there's anyone else currently going through the process of joining the Royal Engineers waiting for a date for their interview?.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Hi Mark, I have just finished my application form for the RE and will be handing it back within a few days.

What trade are you going for, and how far in the process are you?

Glenn
mark.f

interview

Post by mark.f »

hi mate just waitin for my interview then im off to adsc going in as a driver how about you?.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I've chosen the carpentry role, although I had thoughts about the Geographic trades, mainly on the thought of better paid jobs if/when I come out.

But carpentry it is at the moment, best of luck with your interview and time at ADSC.
mark.f

hi

Post by mark.f »

I wanted to do a better trade in there too but I dont have the appropriate qualifications so hopefully I'll be able to get some while I'm in there. I think I'm going to try to do P-coy and all arms commando too mate can't wait now.
Tartan_Terrier

Re: hi

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

mark.f wrote:I wanted to do a better trade in there too but I dont have the appropriate qualifications so hopefully I'll be able to get some while I'm in there. I think I'm going to try to do P-coy and all arms commando too mate can't wait now.
Why not go the whole hog and do SAS selection too?
mark.f

aiming

Post by mark.f »

That's just what I aim for, and would like to do but there aren't any gaurantees, I'll just have to take it as it comes.
markjb45

Post by markjb45 »

Hey guys, I'm hopefully going in to the Royal Engineers to do carpentry as well, I was originally going to try for the Infantry but as I'm already a chippy it seems like the natural thing to continue it in the Engineers, best of luck to the both of you, maybe see you there :D
agapito

Post by agapito »

i'm considering re as a driver op but i got told i wont beable to join until next year march.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

How comes you have to wait that long? Is it the same for all trades, or just that, or another reason?
agapito

Post by agapito »

I was told they are allowed so many intakes within the year because the Royal Engineers are so popular, the next intake for driver op would be next march for me. I was told by the carreers office, dont take my word for it though query about it more.