Share This Page:

Commando: On The Front Line Ep. 3 - Discuss

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
misterpurple

Commando: On The Front Line Ep. 3 - Discuss

Post by misterpurple »

Much better in my opinion. Chicken head puppets :lol: Good to see how they eventually all gelled together.
RT: 10th November
davidemmerson

Post by davidemmerson »

Yeah, although was far too short. I thought it was funny when that guy dropped the chicken.... :lol:
smudger289

Post by smudger289 »

It doesn't do CTC any justice, and Recruit John seems to be getting all the limelight as has been said, I've heard from a pal he wraps later on :-? ??

But yeah, nice bit of humour with the chicken heads.

:wink:
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p271/butterbeanbootneck/smudger.jpg[/img]
INJURED!!
. . . . . . . . .
McGuire86

Post by McGuire86 »

When they were talking to the Special Forces guy, you think he was SBS? See how they were all looking up at him like he was a God!
'In the warrior's heart there's no surrender, though his body says stop - his spirit cries never !'

Application sent - 10/11/07
BARBS Test - 05/12/07 - Passed for Paras
Interview - 11/02/08 - Passed
ADSC - May -
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

I am actually ashamed to say I don't know if I could actually kill little Mr bunny rabbit, I would kill the chicken no problem but not the bunnies. That was definitely wrong for the guys who got lost to just go to sleep but I found it very funny the way everyone slept in a giant huddle with their arms around each other. :lol:
tom163

Post by tom163 »

McGuire86 wrote:When they were talking to the Special Forces guy, you think he was SBS? See how they were all looking up at him like he was a God!
Yeah I bet any money he was SBS, I didnt know any special forces helped train the Marines. I thought they stuck to their own selection and were very discrete :wink:.
Illustrious

Post by Illustrious »

Recruit Terry John doesn't wrap it in. If you remember on 55yo commando he is seen at the final exercise, completing it.

Anyways... HEY YAH! *crack* Kind of gruesome on the old chicken front, rabbits didnt seem so bad though.

Interesting episode & glad to see the guys were prepared to go back out there but still too short imo.
rm1664

Post by rm1664 »

Recruit John does pack it in...well to be totally truthful he doesnt.

In the next episode you see him struggling with the speed march he gets 2 attempts but still fails he complains that his legs keep goin numb.

when sent to sick bay he is diagnosed with 'something' comparment syndrome, cant remember but i think it stops the blood getting to his muscles or something and is removed from 924 troop, he eventually leaves and says he will maybe consider the royal engineers.

Btw i got all this info from the Commando book that goes along with the tv series.
derson

Post by derson »

When they were in the woods with that SF guy taking about kidnapping/hostage situations etc... do the recruits get training in that, if they're taken hostage? That would be interesting to watch.

I've seen other shows where people have been put under a hostage situation to try and break them to get info... very interesting stuff.

Wish the show was more than 30 minutes long :(
Stokey_14

Post by Stokey_14 »

The chicken head moment had me and my dad in stitches...as my mum looked on horrified thinking I was some kind of psychotic killer :lol:

I know what you all mean about focusing on select members of the troop, but I’m just thankful they made the program, gives me something to look forward to during my Thursday at school.

It shows the humour and companionship very well... but as you've all said it seems to skip the phys side of things, but I guess that wouldn't make a great program (30 minutes of press ups etc)

Stokey
druadan

Post by druadan »

SF normally don't have anything to do with RT. I missed this episode, but maybe it was done just cos it looks good on telly?

No you don't get any conduct after capture training, at least no more than a lecture. Or at least didn't when I went through.

Was on course with a lad from 924, apparently John definitely did not pass out with them.
paddlequack

Post by paddlequack »

Anyone know where i can get a torrent/youtube of this episode as i missed it :(
Last edited by paddlequack on Sat 06 Oct, 2007 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie_2006

Post by eddie_2006 »

paddlequack this guy has posted all the episodes on youtube and there is the 55 year old commando on his profile for anybody who missed that aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJl6hJN8Fug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilvuBCD2KI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IowUcBizDok

That is the third episode it's in three parts.
tom163

Post by tom163 »

druadan wrote:SF normally don't have anything to do with RT. I missed this episode, but maybe it was done just cos it looks good on telly?
Yeah that's what I thought. 8)
Pte Golden

Post by Pte Golden »

I think the SF guy was ML.