Share This Page:

RAF Barnham woods haunted?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
ryo1987

RAF Barnham woods haunted?

Post by ryo1987 »

When I was doing the camp out in RAF Barnham woods I could swear i seen people moving about in the darkness and looking at me. Is it just rumour or has anyone else experienced this? This happened on my PGAC last week, I passed but it was still weird!!
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

See a doctor mate.
Alex Himself

Post by Alex Himself »

have you spoke to Derek Acorah about this?
fodd

Re: RAF Barnham woods haunted?

Post by fodd »

ryo1987 wrote:When I was doing the camp out in RAF Barnham woods I could swear i seen people moving about in the darkness and looking at me. Is it just rumour or has anyone else experienced this? This happened on my PGAC last week, I passed but it was still weird!!
oh my god are you for real mate

maybe the fact it was dark and you were probably tired :wink:
ex nod was diagnosed with chronic compartment syndrome rejoining eventually.

currently in australia as im traveling the world before i rejoin the marines.

One Man One Life One Chance.
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

:o :o :o
Right you were camping with the military in a woods at night and you are shocked and amazed to find people moving around in the dark and looking at you. I didn't know the military worked at night time, I thought they went home to a nice warm bed.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

I had a similarly eerie experience myself recently.

I was on a course, and staying in an old barracks block from the 19th century. One night as I lay in my bunk, I was woken by my bunk shaking slightly. I lay there half asleep, unsure of what was happening, but beginning to feel the cold grip of fear round my heart.

The shaking continued, until the whole bunk was creaking. In my mind I couldn't help but think that the creaking sounded almost like someone opening and closing the lid of a coffin.

The metallic squeaks and bangs continued as I lay there stricken with terror, then the moaning began........

It continued for a minute or two, then stopped as suddenly as it had begun, and all was quiet again.

When I awoke again the next morning, I thought it had just been a dream until I swung my feet out of bed and straight into a pool of sticky goo on the tiled floor. I suppose it must have been ectoplasm!

And the strangest thing of the lot, was that the bloke in the bunk above me hadn't heard a thing!!

Yours spookily
T_T
jabcrosshook

Post by jabcrosshook »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it.

Did you taste this goo? It's usually a good way to find out if it was a ectoplasm, the goo is quite salty.
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

jabcrosshook wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Love it.

Did you taste this goo? It's usually a good way to find out if it was a ectoplasm, the goo is quite salty.
You sound like you're speaking from experience, maybe you'd like to test T_T's mysterious goo for him :lol:
brumrob

Post by brumrob »

Probably was just other exercises taking place on Barnham, though I have seen monks on horseback on the outskirts of Basra due to sleep deprivation.
-luke-Rm-

Post by -luke-Rm- »

Those woods are linked with Thetford. So with that in mind you could have seen a number of things.

Someone hiding a dead body is a good example. I lived in Thetford, it's a rum old place. Live in Bury now though, not much better.
No Pain No Gain
Brett B

Post by Brett B »

Congrats on the PGAC mate,

How did it go?
agapito

Post by agapito »

Yeah I heard of this, if you stare at it long enough you gain super powers!! Not really mate and congrats.
Tartan_Terrier

Post by Tartan_Terrier »

rossy-d wrote:Probly just the man in the bunk below getting a bit bored pumping one out :lol:

Really? No!

Surely not.

I mean you can't be serious, can you Trig'?