Share This Page:

bow training

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
ramz56

bow training

Post by ramz56 »

does anyone on this site do any training/ live in bow or any surronding areas? looking for someone to do fartlek/interval workouts in the parks with at weekends
ramsey
"per mere per terram" "esprit de corps"
Aptitude tests-PASSED
Medical-PASSED
Interview-PASSED
PJFT-PASSED (7.26)
Foxtricks

Post by Foxtricks »

6 miller (combat boots) 37:57
bleep test: 14.7
:roll:
jamie534

Post by jamie534 »

Foxtricks wrote:
6 miller (combat boots) 37:57
bleep test: 14.7
:roll:
?
ramz56

Post by ramz56 »

yes they are my stats, do you not believe them??? i have been doing fitness for about 2 years, does anyone on this site live in or near bow?
Aptitude tests-PASSED
Medical-PASSED
Interview-PASSED
PJFT-PASSED (7.26)
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

Your telling us you trained for two years to reach an exceptional 6miler time kitted out in boots, but in those two years you never thought to make any effort with your press ups, and can't manage 60 in 2mins......... :roll:
ChrisBell

Post by ChrisBell »

ADDiction wrote:Your telling us you trained for two years to reach an exceptional 6miler time kitted out in boots, but in those two years you never thought to make any effort with your press ups, and can't manage 60 in 2mins......... :roll:
Well some people are better at running than strength. Just because he has great running times(be they real or not) does not mean he has to be a pro at press ups. Believe him or dont beloeve him but this isnt a thread about times/scores.
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

:roll: Don't talk shit. Anyone who has two years in which too train for the marines should seriously consider improving their press ups. When i started training i could pull out 3 sets of 10, after practicing only twice a week for 3 months I found I could make the 60, which is quite slow progress. I know atleast 2 people who can do 200 furley press ups and 300 atlas press ups, even that doesn't take 2 years to achieve, it just comes down to effort.
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

It kind of is about scores, because who wants to train with a bullshit.
rc

Post by rc »

Addiction,

I can't see any reason to doubt his scores ?

There are loads of factors which contribute to press up ability eg.

Length of lever.
Muscle Fibre composition ( Fast / Slow twitch Fibres ).
Insertion.
Body weight.

Rich.
ramz56

Post by ramz56 »

before you lot start slagging me off (addiction) read my posts properly, i said i have been doin FITNESS for 2 years this was before i wanted to join the marines so i did not do press ups, have been doin them for about 5 months.
also how do you know i didnt get level 14.7 on the bleep test? i can go to the sports centre where i did it if you want and hopefully get a copy of my bleep test score card, infact ill try and do that. what can you get on the bleep test? not as good as 14.7 i rekon. and dont say i cheated on it because it was an offical fitness testing thing at the sports centre run by gym instructors and anyone missing the line 2 times was pulled off.
just because someone is better than you at something it does not mean they are a liar.
Aptitude tests-PASSED
Medical-PASSED
Interview-PASSED
PJFT-PASSED (7.26)
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

:lol: Chill, Chill. First off correct me if I'm wrong rc but i believe I wasn't the only doubter. ramz56 you don't know me you don't know my fitness capabilities so just leave that "I'm the master of the bleep test" attitude at home. If you read my post I didn't, for one second doubt your bleep test, it's your 6miler I'm not too sure about. Naturally you reply was hotheaded, but don't take it personally. I just get a bit tired of all these scores people leave at the bottom of their posts. I can do 15 weighted pull ups, do i brag about it, no because I know a guy who can do 30, so my score isn't special. I think some people need to be true to themselves because realistically, no one cares what you and me claim we can do. If you know your good you don't need scores.
rc

Post by rc »

ADDiction wrote:First off correct me if I'm wrong rc but i believe I wasn't the only doubter.
True - I was trying to point out to you that the number of press ups Ramz can do may have nothing to do with a lack of effort, and could be limited by genetics or other factors.

Rich.
ADDiction

Post by ADDiction »

I apologise rc, of course I was referring to foxtricks.
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

That's it guys, we are here to help each other remember the MFAT ethos - Help your oppo :wink:

As regards to "scores", they are just scores until you go forward to PRMC or RT in your cases, so by all means go for it but don't become fixated by them being the end-all of everything.

Onwards and upwards....
Sully

Post by Sully »

Welcome to the forum ramz56. Good luck with your application.
Per Flank, Per Tank