Share This Page:

RMR London Holding Troop

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines Reserve.
sandam

Post by sandam »

Cor, there wasn't half a lot of lads there last night. Hope I see as many there next week. Can't wait to crack on.
Application Dec '06
Psychometrics 15/01/2007 - Passed
Eye Test 28/01/07 - Passed (VA1)
Interview 01/02/2007 - Passed
Medical 01/02/2007 - Failed (have to lose 3 kg's)
Medical 2 - ? (Just have to weigh in)
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

You won't divide by two and then take off a couple. As selection isn't until July numbers won't start picking up until a few months before.

What did you think of the unit though?
sandam

Post by sandam »

Looks like it will be a load of fun (and by fun I mean I expect to puke in at least a few training sessions). I was trying to figure out who you might be but didnt get the chance. Any hints as to what the Cpl will be doing by way of a fitness assessment?
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

If you are going to vomit make sure you make it outside! This chap one time blew chunks about five times in one phys session. Full credit to him through he kept on coming back and giving all and then emptying his stomach again!!

Re fitness assessment, it will be an RMFA. Press ups, sit ups, pull ups and burpees. This will be after an intense warm up. If there is time they may be a bleep test if not there will definitely be plenty of sprints with various exercises thrown in.

It is a good way of judging your current level and improvement phys wise, the Cpl will record your scores and test the troop every few weeks. If you were going for RMR selection in July if there hadn't been any improvement on your scores words would have been had regarding commitment and you may have difficulties in getting onto the Phase 1 course.

The RMFA is either good as in you know you are on the right track or bad as in a big wake up call on the improvement required. See you next week dude.

PM on the way also
sandam

Post by sandam »

Cool beans. I am training by myself (could really use a running partner though - Greenwich anyone?). Not going for RMR selection, like I said, doing HT to improve my fitness and chances at PRMC to go in as a regualr. And learning about the RM at the same time is a bonus.
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Chemist

Post by Chemist »

Alright Lads,
I know the Selection weekend is in June but does anyone know which weekend? I realise these things can move about a bit but any information would be appreciated.

Also, when I did Selection before the whole process was spread over three weekends. Medical, Selection and Induction. From the sounds of things the medical etc is done beforehand now. Does mean that the selection process is no longer spread over the three weekends in a row like before? Does Induction follow the weekend after Secection (if you pass!)

I only ask because I'm having to plan my holiday which looks set to fall in June, and I don't want to miss any weekends I need to attend RMR London!!!!

Cheers fellas,
Chemist
sandam

Post by sandam »

You follow the regular AFCO application process (Application, And it will be a single selection weekend in July, not June. The Major said that he would make sure everyone was appraised of dates well before then, most likely tonight or soonish. Speaking of which who's going tonight then? I know I'll be there.
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

Chemist wrote:Alright Lads,
I know the Selection weekend is in June but does anyone know which weekend? I realise these things can move about a bit but any information would be appreciated.

Also, when I did Selection before the whole process was spread over three weekends. Medical, Selection and Induction. From the sounds of things the medical etc is done beforehand now. Does mean that the selection process is no longer spread over the three weekends in a row like before? Does Induction follow the weekend after Secection (if you pass!)

I only ask because I'm having to plan my holiday which looks set to fall in June, and I don't want to miss any weekends I need to attend RMR London!!!!

Cheers fellas,
Chemist
Hello mate - as sandam has mentioned pretty sure the selection is in July and you are correct regarding the weekends. It is still spread over three however you will more than likely do the medical at the AFCO. The med weekend is usually for guys that are transferring over from the TA or for chaps that are lastminute.com

Following that weekend you will have selection and then induction the week after. Will see if I can get firm dates tonight.

sandam - I'll be there also, won't be on top form though as went large on the beers last night!

Making excuses already! I'll get my coat
sandam

Post by sandam »

meh. I just hope I dont make a total boob out myself...
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

You'll be fine mate don't worry. Make sure you bring a waterbottle and always have a pen and notepad on you.

See you at seven :wink:
sandam

Post by sandam »

No worries there mate. Got both ready and raring to go. I even packed PT kit :o. However I did forget my passport (photo ID :oops: ) but I'm not planning on being a reserve just training so I hope that'll be ok for tonight.
Application Dec '06
PJFT - ?
PRMC - ?
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

and take some swimming shorts just in case ;)
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
Beowulf

Post by Beowulf »

And will we be seeing you tonight Boris?
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

Still not fit again yet sadly :( the press ups are coming along though and the run times are getting better. I want the training team to see I have made an improvement as I didnt progress much over the last year or so for various reasons.

Fear not though im not bailing.
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
Chemist

Post by Chemist »

Cheers for the intel lads. Selection in July eh? Excellent. More time for phys between now and then :P

If you do get a firm date that would be great to know. I'm not with the Holding Troop at the moment on account of my phys. Should be done with my physio soon though so can't wait to get back there. It's been too long!

Once again cheers fellas.

Chemist.