Share This Page:

Have polished boots to near mirrors, RT soon, trouble??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Good point - they might have decent ones at the Naafi but it could be worth getting one with a slack handful of keys (I think I have seen them in shops with three keys). Every morning you'd see someone running from the guardroom with the bolt cutters - you don't want to be adrift :cry: I can't imagine they're issued.
Per Flank, Per Tank
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

JoeAllen28 wrote:great advice sully and druadan - noted down as im going shopping next week to get most of my kit

1 question though - padlocks - take our own or are we given them, dont think thyre on the kitlist

cheers joe
Padlocks are given to you, you might be expected to buy some spares just incase you do have to use the bolt cutters during the day and don't want your locker trashed.
Sully

Post by Sully »

F**k me I am out of date - I'll be getting back in me box then.

Does that mean that you don't have to do final ex in flip flops and pussers towel with D10 wire bergan straps anymore?! :lol:
Per Flank, Per Tank
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Blimey this post just got loads of hits lol, well ill be taking my ipod like you jack and then psp after foundation.

Yeah bulled them and i no its not tactical i was in the army for a year lol, rgj dont bulled any of their boots so i was curious you see lol.

I was told not to take an ironing board, got a new iron but a lad in week 13 said to take a board???

Im going to go and get all my kit tommorow. Going into MK. New clothes unripped, guna get a snazzy lighter me thinks, them freezer bags, and sewing kit etc. Very good call, wel my bone post has turned out to answer afew of my questions lol
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

By the way jack, i got a sh*t load of psp games, and never played it in ad-hoc mode, hope you got some stuff i do so i can kick your ass on psp lol

Ones you may have considering, medal of honour, brothers in arms??

Could have good fun on our day off there once all admins out the way.
Sully

Post by Sully »

i was in the army for a year

Sorry to hear that mate. Still, you're well on the road to recovery :wink:

Good luck
Per Flank, Per Tank
JoeAllen28

Post by JoeAllen28 »

Quote:
i was in the army for a year

Sorry to hear that mate. Still, you're well on the road to recovery

Good luck
hahaha classic mate :lol:

i got my: sewing kit, metal soap dish, polish (massive tin of kiwi black not parade gloss), twisters, bungees, brushes and dusters today

its all coming together now, i really cannot wait to get there

PS. ive also bulled my boots RGJ, just to practice really, but the next time i wear them itll all come off so when RT comes around they wont be anywhere as near as shiny lol

joe
Applied: January 06
Phycometric test: 14th Feb 06
Eye Test: 16th Feb 06
KJ-Edwards

Post by KJ-Edwards »

What kind of sewing kit did you get Joe? How many bungees you taking?

Oh i knocked a nice 11secs off my boot 3miler yest :P

Kyle.
PRMC: 21st November 06' - PASS
RT: Feb 5th
----------------------------------
3mile - 18:36
PressUps within 2minutes - 74
SitUps within 2minutes - 98
6mile - 41:05
9mile - 01:04:43
3mile (combat boots) - 20:36
12mile - 1:26:33
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

I am no longer a pongo though am i! lol

Im going out tommorow to get all my kit. Im also interested in what sewing kit lol
KJ-Edwards

Post by KJ-Edwards »

Ermm, I see a nice webtex dpm95 one online for £4.95, i am going to see if i can get it from my surplus shop.

Heres what I mean http://www.surplusandadventure.com/isho ... r3240.html

How many bungees RGJ if you know, and what ones out of a 30", 18", 12"? Thanks

Kyle.
PRMC: 21st November 06' - PASS
RT: Feb 5th
----------------------------------
3mile - 18:36
PressUps within 2minutes - 74
SitUps within 2minutes - 98
6mile - 41:05
9mile - 01:04:43
3mile (combat boots) - 20:36
12mile - 1:26:33
Jack1988

Post by Jack1988 »

Rgj, I haven't got many games yet just got it for christmas, but i'll get a couple more games maybes medal of honor. Think you'll have to give me a few hours on it before i sniper your arse though! 8)

The only problem with all this kit, is finding a big enough bag to take put it, and if you're taking a ironing board aswell.....goodluck, think i'll just buy one at the naafi if i have to!

I've been doing some good running this week i've had 4 runs in a row which has boosted my hip injury loads.

I'm going to go to millets on monday and get my maglight, lighter and some bungees, haven't a clue what size i need though kyle?
JoeAllen28

Post by JoeAllen28 »

i got that dpm one, its pretty good as you get the right size buttons etc and also a really good pair of folding scissors. plus my mate whos in the army said hes got one and its pretty good.

i got 5 30" bungees, the green ones.

im not going to take a board, just some covers i think. Kyle did you buy that kit bag, i think im gunna struggle to get everthing in 1 bag lol

joe
Applied: January 06
Phycometric test: 14th Feb 06
Eye Test: 16th Feb 06
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Jack, what makes you think your going to sniper me arse then :lol:

Today i brought two olive green bungees at 18 inches, a Jack daniels zippo light and lighter fluid, a really small sewing kit and a bag about the size of a cd case little smaller i think and that had a polish kit in it including 2 brushes, two pots of polish a yellow duster and i think i may be able to squeeze the sewing kit into that as well. Also got ipod case and adaptor as well lol, needs must im afraid.

Im not going to get a maglight as i do believe you get issued a light, did in the pongos. But i could be wrong, different military lol.

Trying to think of any other essentials that i may need, oh and jack look out for my pretty little purple iron :wink:

RGJ-Rifleman 8)
tomharto30

Post by tomharto30 »

you don't get issued torches, but you can buy them exeter, best place is the surplus shop, mines been quality so far, ive had it since first step, and its been under water about 8 times, its been in the sea, its been completely submerged in mud, it works under water, haven't even changed the batteries yet and it only cost me 4 pound!! Bargain! :D
We are what we do
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

ah wow, that sounds pukka, what shops that, tom you got nay other tips for what we may need in rt?