Share This Page:

4 para - 2/3 para

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
lil-j '88

4 para - 2/3 para

Post by lil-j '88 »

Hello all, I was just wondering if 4 para soldiers can transfer straight to a regular battalion? im not tryin to skip recruit training but am thinking about 4 para for whilst im at college/apprenticeship and then when im done with that maybe going reg.

Are there any lads on here who are with 4 para at the minute? id quite like to find out what lads who are in think of it.

Thanks, J.
morky

Post by morky »

i personally hated being a part of the regular army, sitting around doing nothing in germany until i could get out.

im hoping that joining 4 para will enable me to go on as many operational tours as possible without having to deal with the tedium of barrack life.

(i wasnt a para so maybe its different when you eventually get to 2 or 3 para)
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

cheers for the reply mate lol first reply ive got, ideally id go str8 to depot and then obviously battalion but the course im doing at college will stand me in good stead for when i leave or if i leave the forces. hence im having to do reserve forces for now.

ive heard it can be boring and quiet but its something ill always wonder unless i give it a bash, at worst your still going to make some cracking mates whilst your in right?!

where abouts are you? im in durham currently with the dli (ta), but desperate to go to 4 para because id like to try something different.
EXREG

Post by EXREG »

PM sent mate.