Share This Page:

Can't believe no one's posted this yet!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

same here the previous stuff reported was exaggerated and was more of a laugh/bonding etc but this went beyond what should be acceptable in my opinion.

hence the complaints i guess.

now if it was chocolate ice cream rather than cold baked beans... ;)
Applied: 11th November 05
Written test: Passed
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
PJFT: Passed 9.47
PRMC: october
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Borisimo wrote:same here the previous stuff reported was exaggerated and was more of a laugh/bonding etc but this went beyond what should be acceptable in my opinion.

hence the complaints i guess.

now if it was chocolate ice cream rather than cold baked beans... ;)
lol, i must agree this is a prank that i think is just a bit OTT, and to be honest i would rather accept a heavy beating than have to lick beans off some guys cock :-?
PRMC 25th July 06 Passed
RT 18th September 06 929 Tp
MD'd after week 19

now in process of joining RMR
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

rgj-rifleman wrote:Lads that stuff is meant to be in the marines, its what the more experianced marines do to the recruits for a laugh, its builds up the recruits nature. The best book on the backstage life of a marine is called 'Amongst the Marines' The Untold Story by Steven Preece, he goes from being a beaten up recruit into a hardcore nutter. Its what the marines are made off! It would really f*^k me up having to do that but i can see the funny side of it, and besides, its either that or a beating, just pretend its a new heinz lollypop lol.

The press will always get this kind of thing, but what the hell do you expect, your training guys to kill eachother, to be nasty and hardcore, bullying is going to happen, it happens in schools, at civi jobs and on the street, its going to happen in the militry as well so they might as well not see it as such a unbelieveable act!!!

Its life!

Hi rgj

Partly agree with you.

I can't stand bullies of any kind and have made it a personal mission to stand up against them... I don't accept that the forces should accept "bullying" in it's purest form - that is to say to pick on people because of their accent, the way they look etc that is really horrible.

Anyway most bullies are sad inadequate people and you just end up feeling sorry for the way they are.

However there must be a thin line between bullying and getting the team going as you say people are going into very stressful situations and need to prepare through mental toughness.

Anyway guys it's your choice! You want to join the RM and hey they are not known for being too soft :wink:

Enjoy your bake bean "treats" LOL :o
iareglenn

Post by iareglenn »

yeh they are not trained to be soft, so they should have told those corporals where to go, i think that would have proved toughness rather than licking baked beans off your mates schlong!
GaussianEliminator

Post by GaussianEliminator »

rgj-rifleman wrote:Lads that stuff is meant to be in the marines
Bullshittt!!! Its meant to be on a dodgy pay per view website.
rgj-rifleman wrote: its builds up the recruits nature

Aye, because licking your pals genitalia puts hairs on your chest.

No offence to any of the lads who wouldn't mind a bit of co.ck during training but that sort of thing is wrong and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the recruits participating in the beanfest were mentally scarred for life.

Sure, character building activities are extremely effective in turning recruits into Marines but there is a line between building a recruits character and the instructors having a laugh at the recruits expense.

However, as always the media are not always honest with these issues, expecially anything with the words - "bullying" and "armed forces", and this whole story may be totally exaggerated. If there was no baked bean frenzy then the above comments do not apply :lol: but that is what I think and I totally agree with lads who would stand up to the instructors on this issue.
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Ill be quite honest now guys, it doesnt happen much in the forces these days, but 10 years ago or so it happened alopt and was part of initiation. ANY ARMED INFANTRY FORCE DOES THIS, they eat shit sandwiches, have piss drinking contests, eat glass, and fight, its just the nature of the infantryman. Its going to happen, always. So we might as well just acceot that it may happen to us and dig deep and think what means more to us, the green beret, or an initiation process.

I dont really agree with it at all, but it happens, and id be mentally scarred at that thought of having to do that baked bean incident, BUT it could happen so just think that you may have to and you will be ok (ish).
Joined the Corps as a recruit in 2007, Still in today :D
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

To be fair guys this kind of stuff happens alot down at CTC. Well it did in the short time i was down there, but what you have to remember is that alot of it does happen voluntarily by recruits as a laugh. It is often encouraged by recruits and done off their own back. I could list a number of things similar to this that i saw and took part in, none of which were forced upon anyone by the trainng team or any other higher ranking Marine.

The difference is whether or not these particular people were forced to do it....i would say they most likey were NOT.

If its not for you then fair enough, but you may find your view will change. Some of things that i don't batt an eyelid to now, i would have felt sick about 5 years ago.

By the way, i am not for one second advocating the use of bullying(that is simply not right and serves no purpose) but im just saying that i would imagine this incident along with many simliar were done in the name of fun, all be it in bad taste..they should have used spaghetti. :lol:
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

Exactly, you will grow to accept it and it will turn into a common thing im sure!!

Lets get over it, it happens in all infantry units!!
mfat_man

Post by mfat_man »

dwarfy wrote:To be fair guys this kind of stuff happens alot down at CTC. Well it did in the short time i was down there, but what you have to remember is that alot of it does happen voluntarily by recruits as a laugh. It is often encouraged by recruits and done off their own back. I could list a number of things similar to this that i saw and took part in, none of which were forced upon anyone by the trainng team or any other higher ranking Marine.

The difference is whether or not these particular people were forced to do it....i would say they most likey were NOT.

If its not for you then fair enough, but you may find your view will change. Some of things that i don't batt an eyelid to now, i would have felt sick about 5 years ago.

By the way, i am not for one second advocating the use of bullying(that is simply not right and serves no purpose) but im just saying that i would imagine this incident along with many simliar were done in the name of fun, all be it in bad taste..they should have used spaghetti. :lol:
Spot on Dwarfy 8)
HarryAVFC

Post by HarryAVFC »

Dwarfy

I could list a number of things similar to this that i saw and took part in
Go on then mate. Could do with a laugh. :lol:
rgj-rifleman

Post by rgj-rifleman »

the story comes out hey dwarfy, is this why they state the words 'IN THE NAVY' sorry mate only joking, couldnt resist though. :lol:
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Bollocks! Those blokes were out of order ,if any of you find yourself in this situation you have 3 options
1:Go up to the Gaurd room and report it immediately.
2:Bang the Arseholes out DS or not!
3 Refuse to participate (unless you like that sort of thing, then dig out)

There is no requierment for you to partcipate in anything like this during training, once you have passed out certain situations may occur, as grown up's it will be your decision if you want to get involved.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Shrek,

I dont know if you were replying to me there, but what i was saying is that this kind of stuff does happen. BUT like i said, all of the stuff i saw was NOT being forced on people, it was done by those willing to do it, who found such like activites funny.It certainly was not and never should be forced on anyone, but there were many an odd game played by recruits when i was at CTC.(you played only if you wished i must say).

I agree with you totally, that kind of stuff should NEVER be forced on anyone, but in all fairness this was in The Sun remember, and as so it may not have been 'forced', as if it wasn't they wouldn,t have a 'bullying' angle to go with and therefore no story.

As with the infamous 'roll matt' incident and the urine weetabix eating, the reports were that it was 'forced' upon recruits... :o ,they weren,t recruits and it wasnt forced.

dwarfy,
tom_06

Post by tom_06 »

Lads i have to agree with dwarfy here!I really dont think its that big a deal, its not liked they were forced to have do each other up the arse or anything is it?? And i certainly wouldnt recommend hitting a DS!!!
Anyway dwarfy what were these games you were talking about??
Recruit Training: 13th November
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Guys,

Dont get me wrong, if this was 'forced' upon recruits then it IS TOTALY OUT OF ORDER, and is a total abuse of power that shouldn,t be used by anyone for thier own entertainment. I didnt say i saw this kind of thing being 'forced' upon recruits by anyone, training team or otherwise. If such a thing was forced upon recruits who unwillingly were forced to take part then in my view it IS a big deal Tom and quite rightly too, it shouldn,t happen in that context, as that IS bullying.

As for talking about such activities, i wouldnt want to spoil the surprise now would i. :lol:

dwarfy,