Share This Page:

The Press-Up: Different types

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Boxingmad

The Press-Up: Different types

Post by Boxingmad »

This may have been covered in another thread, but how many different types of press-ups are there, and do they work different muscle groups as well as the one that a normal press-up does?

Cheers.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
hc00

Post by hc00 »

Theres the type where you sit on your arse wiggling your fingers at a keyboard, Im fairly decent at that.

Nah seriously though you will get better results typing pressups into google or something.

Now hurry off before artist oviscerates you.
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

hc00 wrote:Theres the type where you sit on your arse wiggling your fingers at a keyboard, Im fairly decent at that.

Nah seriously though you will get better results typing pressups into google or something.

Now hurry off before artist oviscerates you.
Sorry. I've been a fool.
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Right i'll try to be helpful for once in my life.

The variations of pressups are as diverse as the imagination of the person or instructor. The more perverse or sadistic your fitness instructor then the more bizzarre and painful the pressup will be. Join a good circuit training class and they'll put you through most of them over the course.

Arm position will subtly affect the muscle group targetted, learn to do pressups in a correct military style before you experiment with other types.

That was far too nice, i should go and kick a couple puppies or something to balance myself out...

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Sonne wrote: That was far too nice, i should go and kick a couple puppies or something to balance myself out...

Sonne
Or just sacrifice a few...?
Boxingmad

Re: The Press-Up: Different types

Post by Boxingmad »

Sandy The Guvnor wrote:
Boxingmad wrote:This may have been covered in another thread, but how many different types of press-ups are there, and do they work different muscle groups as well as the one that a normal press-up does?

Cheers.

Come join Para Reg and i will show you how many different types there are :wink:
I have! However, whether I make it up to Catterick to indulge in your press-up fest is another thing entirely. A seriously hard course, the TA Para Reg!
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

flo wrote:
Boxingmad wrote:
This may have been covered in another thread,
Just a couple :D I pressed the search button and guess what 32 SEPERATE PAGES referring to press ups with 35 topics on each page which is 1120 posts either that or a flamin knackered press up expert.
I know. That's why I posted this thread, because I didn't want to spend the whole day rummaging through them
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Sandy The Guvnor wrote:
Boxingmad wrote:This may have been covered in another thread, but how many different types of press-ups are there, and do they work different muscle groups as well as the one that a normal press-up does?

Cheers.

Come join Para Reg and i will show you how many different types there are :wink:
I'll second that!!

Our PTI never seemed to run out of different types of press-ups, changing arm postions works different parts of the chest so your building up the strength in your entire chest and not just one part (ie the lower chest for example)

It's VERY effective, my chest use to feel like it was about to burst after I'd finished, and in six weeks I'd built a better chest than I had from TWO YEARS in the gym.