Share This Page:

Doc was alright

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Oz

Doc was alright

Post by Oz »

G'day again

Well had my medical this morning with 2 other blokes . Everything went well and i didnt have to much trouble with anything no inspection of the 'you know whats' :oops: she just asked if i checked them before coming and i said yes and that was it signed and on my way. Now all i have to do is book my PJFT and we can get this show on the road :) ...

One of the other blokes just passed the height req. by 5mm lol anyway have been pumping the tredmill for the last 2 weeks and can get my time down to 9min10sec so will just keep at it...

thanks again for everyones advice and insights

OWEN
PJFT- 15/5/2006-9:00min
PRMC-18/7/2006-PASS
RT- 2/10/2006
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Would advise advise you not to run on the treadmil, because err its crap. Fair enough practice it a few times for PJFT but if you want to improve your running you need to get outside on grass or the roads to improve.

Your time is good, so get outside and do some proper running.

And good luck by the way for the rest of the app process 8)
Nick
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Must admit though when i saw the title to this thread, i thought you'd been with our 'Doc' and were giving us a review. :lol:
Nick
pablo

Post by pablo »

nickosx wrote:Must admit though when i saw the title to this thread, i thought you'd been with our 'Doc' and were giving us a review. :lol:
Me too. I'm disappointed. Also, your lack of pelvic thrusting angers me.

Nah, in all seriousness, glad the medical went well. I think the medical is one of the most nerve wrecking parts of the process, since things can happen to put your career to an end right there.
mancuniankid

Re: Doc was alright

Post by mancuniankid »

Oz wrote:G'day again
anyway have been pumping the tredmill for the last 2 weeks and can get my time down to 9min10sec so will just keep at it...
OWEN
You might be as lucky as me and get a treadmill that only goes up to 16kph so 9:10 is all you will get. If they put the speed up for you though expect about 9:17/18

Good Luck
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
Doc

Post by Doc »

I clocked the title and thought the same as you Nick. Wondered why I awoke with a hangover, a sore arse and a rose on my pillow :o
Oz

hehe

Post by Oz »

:lol: :lol: Your posts crack me up :D it just wasnt my post being looked at this morning but i must admit she was alright and she kept asking me to check her oil level with my dipstick but i wasn't sure if that was an English medical procedure so i just nodded like a dumb dingo :roll: and put my pants back on.

But on a more serious note i have been push my road runs and circuits so i dont want you to think iam a muppet just in the gym 24/7.

Thanks again lads for the advice

OWEN
PRMC-18/7/2006-PASS
RT- 2/10/2006
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Doc wrote:I clocked the title and thought the same as you Nick. Wondered why I awoke with a hangover, a sore arse and a rose on my pillow :o
Doc is hould imagine that's a fairly common occurance...

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Felias

Post by Felias »

Doc wrote:I clocked the title and thought the same as you Nick. Wondered why I awoke with a hangover, a sore arse and a rose on my pillow :o
:lol: :lol:
THinking about leaving already!
Felias

Post by Felias »

Take Nicks advice, treadmils are a bit crap, I can flush out a 1.5 mile time on one of them of 7.49. On the roads My best is 8.24 which was around 1 yr ago I last tested it. Seriously roads have dodgy terrain and same with grass.
THinking about leaving already!
Oz

Alright.

Post by Oz »

Yeah thanks lads i'll take your advice..( not the bit about waking up with a sore ass :oops: )

Owen
PRMC-18/7/2006-PASS
RT- 2/10/2006
Nickosx

Re: Alright.

Post by Nickosx »

Oz wrote:Yeah thanks lads i'll take your advice..( not the bit about waking up with a sore ass :oops: )

Owen
Good stuff, you will be at ctc really before you know it so just keep up the fizz :D :wink:
Nick
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

nickosx wrote:Would advise advise you not to run on the treadmil, because err its crap.
Tell me somewhere else someone can find a hill they can set the desired incline to and run straight up for as long as their legs will support them :P
SP

The line between BS and PC is thin and blurry
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Spooky wrote:
nickosx wrote:Would advise advise you not to run on the treadmil, because err its crap.
Tell me somewhere else someone can find a hill they can set the desired incline to and run straight up for as long as their legs will support them :P
Fair one :wink: but..Hill runs are generally used to increase power, and are done using sprints, you cant really do that on a treadmil, well i suppose you can a little, but overall treadmils are not the greatest way to train 8)
Nick
hc00

Post by hc00 »

Didn't you read the note I left with the rose.

DONT TELL ANYONE!!!

I meant the entire incident not just my hillariously small genetalia.

Ah well too late now :( :cry:

:D
Wo zhu ni jian kang.