Share This Page:

Turn your head and cough!!!

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
In_Training

Turn your head and cough!!!

Post by In_Training »

Alright lads,

Ive been speaking to my mate who was in the Army and he was telling me about how in his medical he had to drop his boxers whilst the nurse 'cradled' his balls, told him to turn his head and cough!! Think its to check for hernia or something!?!?!?

Just wondering whether anything like this was required in the marines and if so, what it is actually for???

Dont be shy, share with the group.....
LOL

Matt.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Its to ensure both testes have dropped into place and you have no hernias

The cough is to release the testes as sometimes they do ride high if youve been wearing jeans or tight fitting spandex leggings, and to check for the hernias.

Doc
Last edited by Doc on Mon 24 Apr, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickosx

Post by Nickosx »

Yes, they do.

Dont have a clue what its for, maybe they just like doing it.
You go in give a piss sample(diabetes) you answer some q's get weighed and measured, have your hearing checked, get prodded and have your joints checked, then they prod you in your lower trunk just above your knob on each side and ask you to cough, then they grope your balls. You then get dressed and get your results and then go home. My medical experience is here... :lol:

http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13099

enjoy
Nick
rc

Post by rc »

whilst the nurse 'cradled' his balls
I think I may need to have the test done again - you can never be too careful. :lol:
mancuniankid

Post by mancuniankid »

I never had a piss sample :-?

The doctor told me that they check you balls for lumps, and when they feel your groin area and ask you to cough thats when they check for hernias.
PB's

1.5-8.43
3miler-18.41
Bleep Test -Lv 13
Press ups-64
Sit ups-84
Pull Ups-16
pablo

Post by pablo »

Back when I played rugby I had to go and see some private doctor. Whenever I was in the scrum and pushed I'd get pains in my left nut.

Doc (not our Doc!) had a good juggle and said it didn't feel like anything was wrong, and I later realised that in the heat of the moment I was probably pushing against the other leg for support or something. :oops:

On a related subject, they do have a play about with your old men, but I don't see it as being much of a bother. Remember, if you're not sure, ask for a second opinion.
Felias

Post by Felias »

Woo, hearing test. :lol:
THinking about leaving already!
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

Damn! I didn't get my balls cradled, mind you the nurse looked like Rocky's sparring partner and the Doc was an ugly man.

He did say my Calvin Kleins set off the colour in my eyes though...
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
chris5818

Post by chris5818 »

I had my medical a couple of months ago now and all i had to do was lay on a bed with me boxers on and cough while he had his hands on my hips, there was definately no cupping involved!!, but what he did after i was more shocked at, after coughing with my boxes on the doc yanked my boxes down (making a weee noise) just enough and am sure he chuckled a bit!! :o.

which was nice
PJFT: June o6 - 9.07
PRMC: Passed December 07
RT: February 08
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Doc wrote: The cough is to release the testes as sometimes they do ride high if youve been wearing jeans or tight fitting spandex leggings, and to check for the hernias.

Doc
I just gave them a cheeky tug when he wasn't looking.. Isn't that normal practice when someone's about to see your tackle?? :o :lol: :lol:
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

There was actually a box to tick regarding the state of your anus, I suppose it was for piles or something.

I was relieved at my medical that the doctors didn't do this as I can handle a bit of ball fondling but fingers in the arse isn't my thing.
Greg The Great

Post by Greg The Great »

themattmeister wrote:There was actually a box to tick regarding the state of your anus, I suppose it was for piles or something.
The Doc just asked about mine... which was nice. Should have pulled down my kaks and stuck my ringer in his face just to prove everything was tickety boo.
Never chop wood in a rubber dinghy.
Felias

Post by Felias »

Greg The Great wrote:
themattmeister wrote:There was actually a box to tick regarding the state of your anus, I suppose it was for piles or something.
The Doc just asked about mine... which was nice. Should have pulled down my kaks and stuck my ringer in his face just to prove everything was tickety boo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THinking about leaving already!
pablo

Post by pablo »

Greg The Great wrote:
When I do my medical, I'll probably be so tempted to just whip my kaks down, put my hands behind my head and proceed to pelvic thrust in his general direction.

I don't know what will happen. If it's a woman, I may be arrested for sexual harrassment. All I do know is for that moment, all will be right in the world.