Share This Page:

Training for P-Company

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
damon_dixon

Training for P-Company

Post by damon_dixon »

Hi, bit of a wierd one, i im currently in training for p-company. My training is going really well. I met up with a few guys who had done it before, so they are giving me pointers. I have been working with a mate of mine who is a PTI, and another couple of guys who are already in the Paras. Recently weve been working on speed, doing interval/fartlek training. But i find when i come back from a hard run, i need the toilet big time. Its fine when im running, but as soon as i stop, i feel my stomach turning. I dont know if its my diet or if im eating to soon before a run. Could anyone advise on a solution or even an explanation. Cheers.
harry73

Post by harry73 »

E up mate and welcome to the forum.

Sorry I cant help you with your question, but it sounds like your currently serving. Is this true

Harry
hc00

Re: Training for P-Company

Post by hc00 »

damon_dixon wrote:Hi, bit of a wierd one, i im currently in training for p-company. My training is going really well. I met up with a few guys who had done it before, so they are giving me pointers. I have been working with a mate of mine who is a PTI, and another couple of guys who are already in the Paras. Recently weve been working on speed, doing interval/fartlek training. But i find when i come back from a hard run, i need the toilet big time. Its fine when im running, but as soon as i stop, i feel my stomach turning. I dont know if its my diet or if im eating to soon before a run. Could anyone advise on a solution or even an explanation. Cheers.
How long are you leaving it between eating and running?

For a snack it should be 10 mins, for a small meal 20-30 mins and for a large meal 40-60 minutes, apparently. I've always stuck to these guidelines and never had a problem.
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
rc

Post by rc »

I used to have the same problem, but generally I needed a dump half way through a run - one occassion I didn't make it home in time. :oops:
Anyway it turned out to be the brand of protein shake I was using at the time. Are you taking a protein shake ? I know it's a long shot, but if you are it may be down to that, I changed the brand and no problems since - Thank the lord !!!

Rich.
gkayesem

Post by gkayesem »

Just have a shit before you go for a run. :wink:
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

Try eating something like porridge mate, keeps you going all day long but little to it so no turtlehead problems!
damon_dixon

Post by damon_dixon »

Hi, yeah im currently in RE, based in Minely, Im just about finished Combat Engineering, My Instructors said i should go for 59 squadron rather than 9 squadron. My different circumstances, mainly no places available for a while. I have decided to go for p-company, because of the dates i have been given, im doing p-company before phase 2, strange, but thats what ive been instructed so who am i to argue. Anyway i have been leaving roughly about an hour or so after a meal, and generally half an hour after a snack. I recently changed drinks, from powerade and lemonade to lucozade. Maybe thats it, ill try and see how it goes, anyway thanks alot for the advise, very much apprieciated. Thanks.
DWW

Post by DWW »

Just out of curiosity Damon, does that mean you're Geotech?
damon_dixon

Post by damon_dixon »

No sorry, just a chippy, lol. Hopefully a para-chippy soon though.
guardsmancolthard

Post by guardsmancolthard »

hi mate, i sufferd from the same problem. When i did my training at the itc catterick i got banged up in the guardroom for shitting on a squard run!!! Being a trainee guardsman at the time i got it worse from the company sergeant major how i should be able to control myself at that age!!! Its the amount of carbohydrates and fibre you eat, i love pasta so i got the after effects!!!!!!!
Honi soit qui mal y pense
adj125

Post by adj125 »

Chippy = Carpenter

A para chippy is someone in the Royal Engineers trained as a carpenter and has passed P Coy
Ex RE 1986 till 1997