Share This Page:

Royal Marines Initiation - sprog olympics

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

the video clips that came out today actually looked quite good fun pelting each others with eggs.... made me laugh anyway. People are calling it more bullying but i cant see how people can say this when it looked like everyone was having fun.

Dom
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

Yeah fun too us. But not to Mrs Jones who lives down the road, and is on the Parish Council!

The vicar in my villiage has a son in the RM i wonder what he thinks about it...

dave
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

The vicar in my village has a brother in the RM and I'm thinking about what he is thinking too! I saw those pics in the paper, but the one I saw said that 'per mare per terrem' mean 'togetherness'... hmm shows how much they know :lol: :o :lol:
Clarky2213

Post by Clarky2213 »

if like me you've had to explain or try and explain the pics in the papers for the last 2 days ive found a reason that the average civvie can digest just ask them if they've ever watched dirty sanchez, no one fancies doing some of the stuff those lads get upto, and look what happened when they went down to CTCRM!
Sully

Post by Sully »

All I say is that in the first vid one of the NCO's made a serious error of judgement - it was an apalling choice of wig. A long blond one would have been far more appropriate with a schoolgirl's rig. Attention to detail Royal. What is the Corps coming to? :roll:
Per Flank, Per Tank
Doc

Post by Doc »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see you back and speaking sense Sully!

I agree, surely in our day we could have sourced better attire, didnt see one bloke in stockings ffs! :lol:
Leigh Dowell

Post by Leigh Dowell »

I saw the Norton Manor incident on the box and two words sprang to mind, Sheppy's & Cider,to those who haven't had the pleasure it would be like trying to describe a colour to a blind man(who probably went blind drinking Sheppy's).
Whilst I may disagree with what you say, I will fight to the death for your right to say it.
Voltaire
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,2,00.html

The video from the Sun.

All this nakedness is now scaring me. :o
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Many of the rookies end up bloodied and hopelessly drunk.
At least they put it in in that Sun article, anyone read the comments people have put at the bottom of the second ('In the line of duty')?
Sully

Post by Sully »

Heyup Doc - et tu aussi :roll:

It could all be a consipracy to neuter the Corps so that they could even think about getting chad perce units (no offence, maybe that should read, lads who never intended to be bootnecks) to train at CTC. They'd never do that would they? :o Lots of people would like to wear the lid but it doesn't and shouldn't come cheap.
Per Flank, Per Tank
dalo

Post by dalo »

Chappy wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,2,00.html

The video from the Sun.

All this nakedness is now scaring me. :o
I imagine after 32 weeks of showering naked with other men it wouldnt be such an issue. I mean after my few days at CTC showering with other lads it didnt bother me in the slightest. To be honest nakedness is fun especially naked press ups at partys, Or naked squats on your drunken mates head when he is lights out.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
flo

Post by flo »

Leigh Dowell wrote:I saw the Norton Manor incident on the box and two words sprang to mind, Sheppy's & Cider,to those who haven't had the pleasure it would be like trying to describe a colour to a blind man(who probably went blind drinking Sheppy's).
Only problem with sheppy's is it that it tends to cause a red rash on your chest, but when i was at 40 there were plenty of bootnecks willing to rub some cream on. :wink:

It was nothing more than boys being boys, and ive been to rugby games that have been close to the bone, but you dont read about them in the tabloids.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

I thought this would be a big story on this forums. Most of it looked fairly fun to me, apart from the bramble bit ouch :o .