Share This Page:

Royal Marines Initiation - sprog olympics

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
clintnz

Post by clintnz »

fair call, cheers for the input
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

[quote="Dwarfy" & "Doc"]guys,

im pretty sure i didnt give you the rights to use my action man photo,s so expect a bill in the post

---------------------

So what your saying is I'll get a bill if I post the naked bar and sheep molesting pics aswell then?? Take visa do you? :lol:

[/quote]

So it was you hiding in the bush's with the camera was it? No it couldn,t have been, you would have wanted to join in..."twos up?" :D

No charge for those pics just dont give them to the News of the world.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Cheers Clint,

Dwarfy how do I recall the postman???? :o :lol:
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

Doc wrote:Cheers Clint,

Dwarfy how do I recall the postman???? :o :lol:
Too late! At least i,ll be famous for a while, i wonder what page i,ll make?
Artist

Post by Artist »

To me it looks like a Coy PU that got out of hand. They were not wet behind the ears Recruits. Most of them were built like brickshithouses.

As I said over on Mil Forums it looks like the Support Coy as the Heavy weapons blokes are normally built along the lines of Hagar the Horrible after a few years of Humping a Base Plate and Barrel all over the place. same for the Assault Engineers. All been in a few years and all most definitely not WET BEHIND THE EARS.

However the NCO who decked the guy should have the book heaved at him. Respect between Marines & NCO's is fine but using your rank to this effect is not. The bugger needs to be heaved out as far as I am concerned. It's the NCO's job to stop this sort of over the top behaviour not start it.

I have seen blokes bearing grudges get even with each other but have stopped anything like this dead in it's tracks. Once two blokes have aired their views about each other nine times out of ten they will share a beer and get on fine. Lets face it, Bootnecks are not in any way shape or form Born Again Christians. They are highly motivated highly skilled Soldiers with an edge most other soldiers would give their eye teeth for.

Artist
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Thanks to the serving and ex-service for bringing us wannabees some insight we would not otherwise have.

I was suprised, a little concerned initially but it hasn't made me query my application.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

Any lad who plays rugby or generally drinks with other lads will be familiar with this sort of naked tom foolery, I've done it myself and it's a good crack.

Looks to me like when it got out of hand some weasel just wanted to make a quick buck off the back of what most wouldn't understand.

This Col. Stewarts attitude makes me wonder if I'd rather fit in better in the ranks rather than officer.

Certainly hasn't discouraged me.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

It hasnt put me off, but I bet my mum mentions it when i next speak to her. But thats not why I want to join. Immediately thought that it was a bit queer to be honest, until I saw the size of them (no not that way) - they were built like brick shit houses the lot of them. Ive jsut read Amongst The Marines (which I wouldnt really recommend) so im not shocked as much as amused.

Some of it did remind me of carry on camping though. A few sound effects here and there and you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.
nufc_rulz

Post by nufc_rulz »

i didnt think the fighting was to bad as i sort of expected that to go on but i wasnt to sure about the whole naked thing. But hasnt changed my mind about joining :lol:

Dom
borisimo

Post by borisimo »

it hasnt put me off joining and id heard worse stuff than this before.

also it doesnt look like bullying, just an alcohol fueled BBQ that got out of hand, they all seemed to be their and partaking out of choice?

its definately damaged the RM reputation though which is a very sad thing. (mainly due to the media i might add)

and ditto about the nudity, freezing my nuts off for no reason isn't exactly my definition of fun...but again alcohol is an unpredictable thing :P
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Sounds like everyone who already wanted to join is still going to, but what about them people who havent completely made up their minds? Could be quite a few who dont continue becasue of this.
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Crucient, I think you'll find this will have little bearing on people making their minds up about the Corps. The Marines aren't an easy lot to join so those who aren't really sure if they want to join probably get weeded out in the careers office.
If an article in a crap tabloid affects you decision to join the military you should probably consider the Salvation Army :wink:

Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
chris5818

Cheers Doc

Post by chris5818 »

Doc Says
"Best thing about Royal is that you'll drink your oppos piss, fill him in, stitch him up and then next day he'll lend you his car as he plans his tongue in cheek revenge. After all that you'll still turn out smart as, and help the granny across the road, go home and help your mum wash up and your little sis with her homework. Gents who have their mad moments, and are the best these shores have to offer.....thats Royal".
If i had any queries about joining, i was stupid in thinking so!, i guess most people seeing this video would think, bloody hell getting made to fight and stand around naked isn't what i thought the marines was like and doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all!!(which to be honest is what i may have thought). But then thought to my self wait a minute what did i do at the weekend again?? Got pissed, fought with my mates and a stupid thing like jumping into a river off a 100ft bridge naked!!! (which now i'm thinking was a bit stupid knowing how cold it was).

Anyway doc's quote above did it for me and just really made me believe in how much i want this! and how much of a better person joining will make me, I just hope things work out!!

so cheers for that Doc
Sully

Post by Sully »

Doc has it in a nutshell. I was chuckling about all the fuss with an old oppo yesterday and suddenly thought.....hold on, you broke my nose ten years ago (long story but both minging at the time). He's my lad's godfather and to this day would die for me, and I him.

Don't worry lads, if you want to get involved in that kind of thing you can, but you don't have to. Strange thing is, you'll probably want to :roll:

The losers writing all of this stuff in the papers have no idea. The bell end that sold his soul and cast himself adrift so that papers could spread their disinformation should be truly ashamed of himself.
Per Flank, Per Tank
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

Ahh great, more photos came out today.

And the worse thing off all... When the news reader said... 'Two of them are even simulating sex'

And theres a picture of a bloke stradling another.... :o Is the corps going to recover now....

dave