Share This Page:

PRMC Three mile run (or maybe a lot less)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

I can do a mile in about 5 and half minutes on the road if i really push myself, thats with a hill in the middle too, which fair to say is pretty steep. if i'm just running normally i do a mile in about 6 minutes and a few seconds over.

@ clintnz, the setting that i had it on (yes it was fair slow - 16km/h - yet it was the fastest the machines went...looking around no one had it on the same setting....strange!!), that works out to about 6 minutes per mile so the instructor said (if i remember correctly!), but like i said it was on a treadmill so i found it alot easier. I think the added 17 seconds where to let the running machine build up the speed to the speed that i needed, not sure though.
clintnz

Post by clintnz »

hc00 wrote:
cosmo wrote: Did you actually run just one mile or did you do 1.5 and forget the .5?

1 Mile at 7 min per mile is over 10 minutes for the 1.5

(JUST CHECKING ITS CONFUSING ME) (EDIT: although that isn't too hard lol)

What do you mean by it will only give you advantages if your desperate??
hehe, dude I don't have a clue what your talking about, just run your tits off and im sure all will be fine :)
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

I mean if your desperate becasue you havent got anywhere else to run so you need to bounce up and down instead. They are alot easier than running outside and they arent a good indication of how well you would do during the 3miler in prmc.
Doc

Post by Doc »

So a three page thread on a 3 mile run, hmmmmmm

maybe running the 3 miles instead of reading the 3 pages would be useful.

Or as crock-of-shit-cent says you could read whilst bouncing up and down. :o :lol:

I find Egyptian PT a right killer at the moment and I keep pulling my muscle whilst doing it! Any advice?
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Take 2 Brufen and some tubi-grip :lol:

I am no medical expert but i m sure thats what the duty MA would advise it cures everything apparentley.(you should know)
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

Doc wrote:So a three page thread on a 3 mile run, hmmmmmm

maybe running the 3 miles instead of reading the 3 pages would be useful.

Or as crock-of-shit-cent says you could read whilst bouncing up and down. :o :lol:

I find Egyptian PT a right killer at the moment and I keep pulling my muscle whilst doing it! Any advice?
Just putting in what I think about treadmills doc, no need to :cry:
Bliartheliar

Re: PRMC Three mile run (or maybe a lot less)

Post by Bliartheliar »

Stix@CTC wrote:"If you can't run three miles try the Girl Guides"
Unfortuently for me the girl guides arent recruiting. I failed the 3 miler, though I stayed on for the duration of the PRMC (but failed almost every test). What can I say? I didnt underestimate the course, just didnt train hard enough. In fact, I lost fitness prior to going on the course. And I was already a skinny runt to start with

Though I have to say the warm up before the run itself is quite enjoyable. But its a pain in the arse trying to run accross a fecking rugby pitch in trainers. BUT, ill never forgive myself for dropping out about 200m from the fecking end! That was the most depressing minibus ride ive ever been on (even though I was half dead). What pisses me off the most though is that gym test two was a lot harder and I got through it, even though I struggled a bit.

Ive been on and off running for the past few weeks, but getting nowhere.
dalo

Post by dalo »

15 lads failed the 3 miles on my course, but once the 'dead weight' was gone we were left with a strong troop where more or less everyone who was left passed.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.