Share This Page:

PRMC Three mile run (or maybe a lot less)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
dwarfy

Post by dwarfy »

I am shocked about that, 12 failing the three miler is pretty poor. Surely that was just a very bad PRMC course? When i did my first PRMC, i think only one dropped out, and myself and one other came in just behind the others (it was the old format back then though, with the three miler on the second day after having done bottom field and Bleep test etc the first day).I was dissapointed at being told i,d failed the three miler, but didnt for one second consider arguing (shocked at that too). Anyway on my second PRMC not a single person dropped out, although a few had left the course after wrapping on bottom field the previous day. I just dont see how people can underestimate the PRMC so much, what do they expect? I know i failed the first time, but to be fair it was by the skin of my teeth, and i was aloud to go back in just 3 months. Someone dropped out on level 8ish on the bleep test on my second PRMC, and wait for it, it was his second attempt, needless to say no one was very happy with him. It makes you wonder if there should be a harder physical test before people are sent down for the PRMC?
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

I blame the Careers Office - they have quotas to fill and so they send people that don't even want to be there, let alone prepared
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Stix, I failed the 3 miler :( I did something to a ligament in my groin and stopped paying attention to running and started putting all my effort into dealing with a bit of pain. Been over it a million times in my head as to what I should have done, struggled on and finished with the group or slowed down as I did and end up in the bus. I was rather scared of making the injury worse so I feel I lost it in the head more than anything else. I think giving up after 100 metres is a bit on the stupid side, how the hell would you pass a PJFT like that?

I decided to leave the course the evening of the first day for personal reasons, which I don't recomend as I haven't seen the assault course and bottom field, nor have I seen the unarmed combat, both of which I was quite excited about. I can't say I had a great time but I got to see a bit about how the Marines work and I'm going back Jan 30th. just don't let me near the bleeding bus this time!

As for the high failure rate on the three miler, better they fail there than in the first week of Foundation, but it's still an easy test at the end of the day.

All the best people,
Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Cheers Stix - it shouldnt be a problem and if it was I shouldnt be there. MF members who have passed PRMC say 3miler is the easiest test of all.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

Well just got back from my PJFT, 9 minutes 17 seconds, fastest the threadmill would go. 8) roll on.....
hc00

Post by hc00 »

Man im heavy (read fat) and unfit and I wouldn't give up after 100m.

What was wrong with them?

Also is training on a treadmill that bad?

I was planning on getting one because It would offer me some advantages, but if its not worth it...
Wo zhu ni jian kang.
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Post by cruicent »

It wouldnt offer you too many advantages unless your desperate.
Shrek The Royal

Post by Shrek The Royal »

Stix, i suggest you have a word with Buckers and get Zippy to cover that trip with the coach from now on :lol:

As for any young thrusters out there reading this try and get some hill reps in when your out running dont just stick to flat ground as any one familiar with devon will know there arnt many flat bits and a lot of lads rap when they start running up and down some gopping feature :lol:
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

hey benjo,
ah mate im sorry to hear that, but hey there is some good news thats when i wanna do my PRMC, around January February.

unlucky thought mate, good luck in fixing it and next attempt at PRMC.
do u have to do PJFT again?

Dan
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Dan, No mate I'm all good with the PJFT. My AFCO was a bit gutted I failed as he said he had high hopes for me! I've got sunny winter Lancashire as my training ground so I'll be all sorted soon. That is if my visit to Jaynes to see Doc doesn't kill me... :roll:

See ya, Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
Artist

Post by Artist »

Kiwiben

I'll take you out and give you a few tips about RM training and this time your getting the Wets in Sunshine!!! :D

Artiste
clintnz

Post by clintnz »

cosmo wrote:Well just got back from my PJFT, 9 minutes 17 seconds, fastest the threadmill would go. 8) roll on.....
those must be incredibly slow machines, im at absolution gyms and I can sprint the 1mile in just over 7mins and thats not at the highest setting, didn't think there would be such a difference in running machines!
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

^^ yeah mate, i had never ran on a threadmill before and i found it really easy, its alot easier than running on the road i think, i could of gone alot faster but the machine would only go upto 16km/h.

LA Fitness at mossley hill in Liverpool is where i had it, i turned up 30 minutes late, couldn't find the bugger. :P
letsrole

Post by letsrole »

That's puposterious!
hc00

Post by hc00 »

clintnz wrote:
cosmo wrote:Well just got back from my PJFT, 9 minutes 17 seconds, fastest the threadmill would go. 8) roll on.....
those must be incredibly slow machines, im at absolution gyms and I can sprint the 1mile in just over 7mins and thats not at the highest setting, didn't think there would be such a difference in running machines!

Did you actually run just one mile or did you do 1.5 and forget the .5?

1 Mile at 7 min per mile is over 10 minutes for the 1.5

(JUST CHECKING ITS CONFUSING ME) (EDIT: although that isn't too hard lol)

What do you mean by it will only give you advantages if your desperate??
Wo zhu ni jian kang.