Share This Page:

PRMC Three mile run (or maybe a lot less)

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Stix@CTC

PRMC Three mile run (or maybe a lot less)

Post by Stix@CTC »

So there I was on the PRMC Three mile run this morning and TWELVE yes, 12 dropped out and got in the saftey mini bus. Two got in after 100m !!

Come on guys - whose time do you think your wasting? There's or yours?
I'd say both.

Forget the "99% need not apply" advert, lets change it to

"If you can't run three miles try the Girl Guides"
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

BRRROOOOOOOOOOOOM BRRRROMMMMMMMMMM

Now who wouldnt wanna be on that? ;)
cruicent
Location: Somehow ended up in Slough.../Back in sunny Lympstone

Re: PRMC Three mile run (or maybe a lot less)

Post by cruicent »

Stix@CTC wrote:Two got in after 100m !!
:lol:
How fast is the start? Racing start speed?
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Whats the warm up like? Is it particularly naughty?

My contract for work runs out this March so I can finally start sorting things out again.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Bloody hell! Either they have been training on treadmills all the time or seriously underestimated the PRMC! :o

How many were on the PRMC Stix?
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

I was suprised to hear the fail rate for the 3 miler was so high, makes you wonder how the hell they pass the PJFT.

Dave B I reckon it's too much treadie training!
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

done my prmc 3 miler in 21 mins exact an thats after 2 previous tests and best effort in the 2nd 1.5 mile part, has it been made togher the warm up now? :roll:
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

Im getting a little worried you guys are all saying trainng on treadmills all the time are bad? is it?

I only ever run on treadmills when im at the gym i cant remember the last time i did a road run, done 4 3 milers since i started, started on 28 mins, and last night did 24 mins.

but if i need to be road running then i best get on that then.
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Some people train just for 3mile dead. If you add in a nasty warm up into the mix - its something they havent trained for nor have the running strength to complete.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

DLink011 wrote:Im getting a little worried you guys are all saying trainng on treadmills all the time are bad? is it?
All the time, for PRMC training I would say yes as you would become accustomed to running in a way that suits treadmills not to mention it's nice and warm in a gym!
the_trainee

Post by the_trainee »

nothing beats getting out in the fresh air and pounding the beat that way, plus treadmills do no good for your ankles, id train outdoors more but im not wiv a sport background just knowledge ive picked up and from personal experience :wink:
DLink011

Post by DLink011 »

That makes sense...i will still do it for PJFT though. but i will alternate...

OH GGHT the formula is..........

there are 1.6093 kilometers per hour in 1 mile per hour.
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

the_trainee wrote:nothing beats getting out in the fresh air and pounding the beat that way
Yesterday I had a nasty suprise, did a 5 and a half miler with just a pair of Ron Hill tracksters on bottom half wise, of course it got colder as the time went on. :oops: Im going to buy a pair of long johns or something lol
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

ran my first 6.5 - 7 mile (not sure of distace) on tuesday. It was my first one for 6 weeks after being out of training for 5 weeks due to shin splints. I did it in 51 minutes, which i think is respectble for a first run, my best times is 45 mins. I loved it though, it was raining, cold. I prefer that to dry, hot and sticky!

dave
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Ok, this week there was about 30 on the PRMC.

Ref the warm up - you must understand that the warm up is for your benifit - its to help prevent injurys. You wouldn't want to do it cold would you? The warm up consisted of moderate running the length of the football pitch, pressups and sprints. Lasted no longer than 10 minutes. The lads that got on the bus were not even sweating!!! One, who did the full run but finished well behind the pack argued with the PTI who said that he wasn't trying enough - after three miles he was able to argue!!!!
Most of them couldn't breath!!!!!!
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]