Share This Page:

24th october??

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
lil-j '88

24th october??

Post by lil-j '88 »

any lads start training on the 24th of oct? i know ive mentioned this before but ive just re-read the the 25th of oct prmc and there seems to be a whole section of us mf lads going, so anyone start same time as me?

pm if you like, no-one to natter about stress factures and attempting my own ironing to in my area!!

jamie
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

I did my PRMC on the 20th september, and im not starting training till December 5th!

dave
WestSide-Dawg

Post by WestSide-Dawg »

I'll prolly see you there lil-j, can't promise anything yet though
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

cheers, it'll be good to see ya westside-dawg, like a prat i didnt get any numbers when i went on my prmc so i dont know who ill be seeing again or what!!

shame about the long wait aint it dave_n ive got about 7 weeks wait, from prmc to basic, (3 weeks now)bit longer than what i wanted but oh well, you've got even longer to wait though, eekk!! hang in there bud.

jamie
WestSide-Dawg

Post by WestSide-Dawg »

Heheheh. I'll prolly have to put it off because iv only just started to recover from a few leg injuries. As you can probably guess, it'll be an easier time if i dont have shinsplints and all that crap.... anyway, ill drop ya a message if i get any news.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

cheers mate, hope you dont get any probs, my legs are the one area which i tend to have jip with now and again so im in the same boat bud.
dalo

Post by dalo »

dave_n wrote:I did my PRMC on the 20th september, and im not starting training till December 5th!

dave
That will be annoying having to come home at christmas then start up again rather than do foundation in one go.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

dont suppose anyone knows what number troop ill be in?

will it be about 909 troop? oh and do you think ctc will miss out 911 troop, seems to be loads of 9/11 documentaries on tv at the moment. quite indepth and good aswell!! :)
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Should be 909 if lew is in 905 and started on the 29th of August.. 24th of October is 8 weeks later, so plus 4 troops. :D
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

hello chaps, just go told im starting RT on the 21st of November :D . Shame i have to wait 7 bloody weeks, oh well erm, theres 4 of us on that date already (all from the same careers office) so should be fun aye.....
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

7 weeks should go pretty quick mate, just try and make sure you dont get injured!!

cheers brian for that, 909 troop, look forward to it :)
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Anyone else got start date of 7th November? That's when I have mine.

I'm cr*p worried about my fitness though. At the moment I cant even run! I'm doing press ups/sit ups and swimming as much as I can, whilst at the gym I'm on the cycling machines and cross trainers (non impact stuff) to help build my cv, but still worried about my fitness. My mate in training says I dont need to be PRMC level fitness and advised to do a lot of swimming, but still it's worrying.
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Lil'J 88, my mate Phil is on that date.

I'll be on a PRMC then, so I might possibly see you but probably not.

Phil is 6'2" and blond, shouldn't be hard to spot, likes having a laugh. If you come across tell him Laura's causin Ben says hi.

All the best for training mate, Benjo
give a man a bullet, he'll ask you for a gun.
Give a man a gun, he'll be giving away the bullets
lil-j '88

Post by lil-j '88 »

cheers ben, ill keep my eyes open for him, like you said he shouldnt be hard to spot, best of luck on prmc it'll be easier for me to spot the prmc out rather you scanning for us nods. ill give you a shout if i see you lot walking around.

laters, j