Share This Page:

Para PJFT is faster

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Jitts

Para PJFT is faster

Post by Jitts »

I was taking my PJFT for the RM's yesterday and when i'd finished the gym instructer told me that the time Para
applicants have to run it in is 9mins 18secs. Bit of a difference compared to the 10min 45sec RM applicants have
to do it in. Personally I'd have thought that RM applicants would have to do it in a quicker time than the Paras.

P.S. I'm not saying ones better than the other so no comments please :wink:
druadan

Post by druadan »

Royal has an extra few weeks of training to get you to the required standard of fitness tho...which I'd risk saying is higher than Paras, not to start a debate of course :wink:
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Para's can do it quicker 'cause they don't get slowed down by having to carry something in between their ears :wink:
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
slaphead_17

Post by slaphead_17 »

lol
wato212

Post by wato212 »

The royal marines don't set the time the navy do.

Wato.
faddius

Post by faddius »

Realistically if you are taking the full time to do the 1.5 miles you are not (i) fit enough for prmc or (ii) not giving 100% on the run.
The unwritten RM PJFT score is 09:30. Anything faster and you will be considered a racing snake (they'll look for a really good effort to maintain or improve PJFT standard on the PRMC), anything slower and they'll be looking for a real gutsy effort to improve your time at the PRMC.
druadan

Post by druadan »

Wato, Navy times are higher.
dalo

Post by dalo »

I have always been told by the AFCO that even though it says 10.45 you actually have to get it under 9.30 or they are hesitant about continuing you on as fast.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

Who cares about your initial PJFT!? (no offensive comebacks :) )
But I mean thats f@#k all when you consider the fact your wearing skimpy shorts and trainers.
To pass out you have to be wearing full CS95 including boots,webbing,rifle and daysack and pass the 30 miler which is more than the Paras 20 miler.
If you are saying a Para can run quicker to the galley or 'cookhouse' :lol: because hed be wearing honkin phyz rig then fair one,but i dont think it matters.
To sum it up,all these tests you crack as a civvy are just INITIAL,training techniques will be slightly different between Paras & Marines,but im sure they both get exactly what they need out of you

TUGG
dalo

Post by dalo »

I understand that they are initial entry tests, but one step at a time.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
harry73

Post by harry73 »

Come on lads everyone knows the hardest course in the Armed Forces is to train as a Army Chef.

Because NO ONE as ever passed it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :-?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Yeh but Harry be fair, along with medics the chefs have the highest kill ratio in the armed forces. :-? :o :lol:
harry73

Post by harry73 »

I love the way they dont take the butter out of the "FREEZER FOR PITTY SAKE" intill a minute before scoff. You need a soldering iron to butter your bread. :roll:
para

Post by para »

druadan wrote:Royal has an extra few weeks of training to get you to the required standard of fitness tho...which I'd risk saying is higher than Paras, not to start a debate of course :wink:
How many women have passed cmdo tests?

P-Coy, many have tried, ALL have failed 8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

para wrote:
druadan wrote:Royal has an extra few weeks of training to get you to the required standard of fitness tho...which I'd risk saying is higher than Paras, not to start a debate of course :wink:
How many women have passed cmdo tests?

P-Coy, many have tried, ALL have failed 8)
One, from what I've read in old posts, and she was on her 5th attempt (you only get 3) and had to have certain parts watered down.

Zak :roll: