Share This Page:

Passing out

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
DLink011

Passing out

Post by DLink011 »

What does this entail,
i have done a search and cant find anything!

Just wanted to know,
im off to usa in november to watch my best mate graduate from the USMC. that will be wicked.

let me know and if i did miss it on search please dont thrash me.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Dlink you post the most pointless and teeth grinding posts it has ever been my displeasure to read.

No, there arent any heads at CTC with DPM paper as standard.
DLink011

?

Post by DLink011 »

firstly why is that pointless, i bet there are loads of people that would wanna know that!
and secondly what are you on aboutsaying there are no heads at CTC with DPM paper as standard?
RM application 2005, PRMC - tore ACL and PCL ligaments.
Contimplating TA for a couple years before i rejoin RM
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Having been on more King Squad Pass Outs than anyone on this web site* I can tell you that the above named record bears no resemblence to what happens what so ever. It was just an excuse to sell a few dodgy tunes written by the "still serving "in crowd" " Narrated by a complete T**sser

Ooh - does that sound bitter and twisted?

* 7 years at Lympstone, on average 2-3 Kings Squads per month - you work it out!
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

paddy pantsdown was a former marine and SBS wasnt he?

Post by Guest »

I remeber at cadets before I got passed out, I was told when they pass you out they hang you upside down over a fire hehehe, unfortunaly I belived them for like a month untill I did actully pass out.
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

:lol:
Artist

Post by Artist »

I remember when posts on this forum were fairly intelligent. Now they are getting well past a joke. Which twonk is going to ask how often should you change your Farking Socks!?! It's only a matter of time.

How some people can even consider joining my beloved Corp is beyond me! Get a farking grip and ask questions that have some relationship to the real farking world!!!!!

Artist
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

Whist I take your point, do remember what the aim of this forum actually is.

Lads of 15 or 16 (or even older) who do not know any different ask questions that are not stupid to them. They may to others but this forum is about joining up.

We who know better, and some who even consider themselves the font of all knowledge, should help, advise and encourage. A public b*llocking does not inspire confidence in anyone. Consider how you would feel if a man under your charge was too scared of you, to ask for guidence.
I remember myself asking someone in my troop in the first week when I should wash my woolly pully. The answer of course is easy - when its dirty. But sometimes you need just a little nudge in the right direction.

It is a natural thing to say "Oh it aint like it was in my day". But that just makes us part of a different generation doesn't it?

Contributing to this forum is not compulsory. If you see something that you do not like but is not against the rules of posting - ignore it. Which is what you instuctors would have done to you when you were under training. The silly questions will soon stop.
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

Yeah i was thinking the same Stix.

I Don't even know what the passout day has in it, well not fully, so that outburst of crap from Artist was un needed to behonest. Not everyone knows it all you know.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Yeah i was thinking the same Stix.

I Don't even know what the passout day has in it, well not fully, so that outburst of crap from Artist was un needed to behonest. Not everyone knows it all you know.
Cosmo I suggest you wind your neck in sharpish

The irrelavence of asking about passing out parades is that no farker cares about it when your going through training until its odds on that you will pass out. People want to aim for passing training and going to a unit but the actual day isnt thought about until you have passed the training.

I would say questions about the training are more relevant and would recieve constructive answers as oppossed to the day itself.

Also lets look at Dlinks other posts and concern ourselves that he has "breathing for Dummies" as he strikes me as someone who may forget and die.

In my opinion Artists "outburst" is a valid one and also prepares lads about to enter training not to ask bone questions. everyone is entitled to post what they want within the realms of decency and the context of the forums, but those who have been there also have the right to reply in the way they see fit. Planks who havent been there have no right to respond on topics they know nothing about especially in a derogatory way.

If I was a barman/Student/cadet/mong considering the Corps or about to enter training I would value Artist opinon a darn sight better than yours.

I think an apology from yourself is in order and a full consideration of all the facts.

Good luck with your application and training and if after you recieve the order "Royal Marines to your duties....." you fancy doubling away to the nearest internet cafe to tell us all about then please do so. Until then wind it in.

Doc