Share This Page:

Lympstone

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
cosmo

Lympstone

Post by cosmo »

How many troops are getting trained at one time at CTCRM?

cheers.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

anyone? :-?
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

f@#k hell noone replied to this in a hurry.
If youre still there mate,it should be 16 troops.
Because theres one troop at each phaze,e.g. troop at week 1,troop at week 3,troop at week 5, all the way up. 8)
Sully

Post by Sully »

Out of interest (maybe not :roll: ) there was a time in the early 90's when they dropped the intake from a troop every two weeks to one every four and then (I think) six. Great for the dhobi and scran queue but a shitter if you got backtrooped. PRC passes were something between five and ten out of every forty odd and 'you're surplus to requirements' was a daily mantra. Then they wondered why lads were getting hacked off filling deployments and making up unit numbers here and there and leaving. Good to see more of an effort these days getting lads into the best club in the world.
Per Flank, Per Tank
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

What clubs that again? :D
werner

Post by werner »

On the royal marines webpage it says 60

werner
druadan

Post by druadan »

60? No chance. Maybe 60 different courses at a time, nowhere near 60 recruit troops. Senior troop at the minute is 890, junior tp is 904 I think, possibly 905. So no more than 15 or 16 at a time (the next one joins a week after summer, before 890 pass out).
Stix@CTC

Post by Stix@CTC »

As has been said, 16 is about right. Troop size is about 40 so its about 640 recruits. JCC starts off at about 70 and SCC at about 40. Then there is the AACC which at the moment starts off at about 90. Then you have to add Sigs, HWs, and all the other bits and bobs. New intakes are every two weeks but it wasn't that long ago that they were joining every week.

Recruit training is running at about 70% capacity at the moment. As soon as the level of recruiting goes up again (don't hold your breath) it will be a simple task to add a couple of training teams to meet demand. Unfortunatly certain other departments are streatched to breaking point at the moment and get sod all support and manpower from drafty. When leave is over there will be 8 Marines in my department. When I joined the troop there were 24 doing the same amount of work.

Regards
Bitter and Twisted
It's not how many posts you have made......It's the quality of what you say when you get here.[img]http://www.theheskins.eclipse.co.uk/drum2.gif[/img]
johnno2004

Post by johnno2004 »

yeah 904 is my troop and we have just finished foundation so the new troop 905 starts after summer leave