Share This Page:

Members' Training Schedules

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

who gives a damn where people train, train where you can whenever you can and make the best of what you've got, it shouldn't be an issue, neither should people seeing you, BIG DEAL, those that stop and stall to think of these things before putting on some trainers and running or getting down and doing pressups need to wake up. Its like the whole how do u do pressups questions, the only way forward is onto the tarmac not towards the keyboard....!!! rant over :evil:
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

hes only stating a personal preference for training, hes not said he isnt going out in public

"Yeah I think I have a problem with that. I don't know why as I`m not massively introvert. I think I`ll go find me a quite piece of land tomorrow, it will beat doing circuits in my back garden. "

calm down :wink:
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

i'm perfectly calm, I just get frustrated seeing people talking about talking about getting down to doing training rather than actually doing it, and the reason you can tell they aren't doing it is that those that do train hard know that the questions that KEEP coming up are those of someone who is stalling. not someone who is hard at it.!!
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

BITCH PLEASE!
chris78290 wrote:who gives a damn where people train, train where you can whenever you can and make the best of what you've got, it shouldn't be an issue, neither should people seeing you, BIG DEAL, those that stop and stall to think of these things before putting on some trainers and running or getting down and doing pressups need to wake up.
1) That's a big sentence, I would recommend breaking it up with the use of full stops as it signifies a strong pause and vernacularly, to terminate a phrase or thought with finality and emphasis. Maybe if your talking to an American friend they will also bring up this lack of education on your part, and need to correct you - like me - but you may get confused as they will say 'period'.
Once again this could be a little tricky and open a new can of worms, to cut it short it doesn't mean the cycle of the recurring physiological changes in a female's body that are under the control of the reproductive hormone system and necessary for reproduction.

2) I don't have to justify myself to anyone 'chris', but once again lil old Jebbidy Klinketybop needs to pull you up, this time its more on the reading side of your game. I really think re-reading what I posted (maybe again, again, again and again) would make you see your error in assuming too many things.

3) Please 'chris' - let us see if your sanctimonious manner is well justified by the posting of your God like scores which give you the right to 'rant' at people.

4) Reading through your posts - I cant help but chortle at such gems as:-
chris78290 wrote:Hello all, please excuse my stupidity but I cannot remember what the letters PSI stand for... simple as that, can someone please enlighten me...
and
chris78290 wrote:i can add 2 + 1,459

it makes 1,461
Genius!
chris78290 wrote:who is stalling. not someone who is hard at it.!!
5) Maybe you have no qualms about running up and down on an open public field like a Hamster with ADD, but I do. I have a rep I need to keep up with the Sticky Icky, plus my purple gators with gold laces have no grip on the grass...never mind nowhere to put my platinum cane.
You need to take pride in your appearance Chris, maybe this dates to some early moment as a child when you were forced to wear Poundstetcher own brand trainers to school? I doubt things have changed much, keep it under your hat, but another member of this board said they seen you cleaning out your coal shed wearing a Blue Naff Naff jacket and green shell suit bottoms with star shaped glow in the dark sequins emblazoned down the sides - stop me if I`m wrong - stop me if I`m wrong.
Remember - With a little mo' dollar added to the collar, all them Ho’s come to holler. ;)

6) I see your a doorman from your profile - maybe this anger stems from roid rage? YOU BIG BAG 'O' WATAH!!
GGHT

Post by GGHT »

Jeberdiah Klink wrote:Where does everyone seem to do there Circuit Training?
At the local leisure centre, but plan on doing them down local field additonally closer to PRMC.

Good thing is having other people around who are used to circuits, pushes you on more than if on your own I feel, not to mention a sadist of an instructor.

Know what you mean though, running, then hitting the deck and doing pressups etc lol. :lol:
My as well put a camo bandana and bullet belt on as well eh!

EDIT: Markthestab that does look mean mate, have to try it.
Last edited by GGHT on Thu 14 Jul, 2005 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

I know what you guys are saying about fields. It's those annoying teenagers who insist on heckling and whistling at you when you do your run, they seem to think its funny but their quite wrong. Don't have a choice in the matter though I just suck it up and they don't even find it amusing anymore and stop, little bastards.

I've had shin splints for a while so I imagine when I run again I'll have to put up with it for a bit until they get bored.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I know what you mean. Im getting sick of it myself. Most of them arent doing any harm, but the odd twat decides it will be funny to throw a stick. Some of the twats by me though spend thier time shooting cats, so its nothing I would never expect. You know when you live in a nice area when you see dozens of runners about all day long. Go out after school hours and you are bound to get something said.

Ive just rejoined David Lloyds and I am going to start doing some of the classes there. In my own time, I do circuit training in my local park. Its hard trying to push yourself though, I tend to slack off a little.
HardRock

Post by HardRock »

I find it good to do something like boxing/karate and the like, ask your instructor to kick the crap out of you no matter what...

You either keep swinging or get hit, works for me :D

Rock
A great quote from the "Destination: D-Day" series:

"Right, you've done the hard bit, now make it look easy"

Desire. Grit. Determination. Victory.
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

Well Jeberdiah Klink; i'll refrain from getting into a slanging match with you however I will mention a couple of things. Firstly, you really have no basis to rip my post apart like that. My sentence structure is pretty much perfect when i'm writing away from the internet. I don't use 'txt' so whats your problem? Second, the little gems you pasted from my previous posts really have nothing to do with this discussion; the question about a PSI was completely reasonable, go and find the term defined somewhere on the internet for me and I will apologise for asking. The 2 + something quote, taken out of context yes it may appear strange, however thats what you intended isn't it. Finally, insinuating that I am not hard at it is ridiculous because you don't know me so you can't possibly have that information. Asking for my "god like scores" was also incredibly childish because it plays into my hands, I don't achieve "god like scores" yet but i'm working damn hard to get there which was ironically my original point; just get out there and do it. To close; wind your bleedin neck in!
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

Bliartheliar wrote:I know what you mean. Im getting sick of it myself. Most of them arent doing any harm, but the odd twat decides it will be funny to throw a stick. Some of the twats by me though spend thier time shooting cats, so its nothing I would never expect. You know when you live in a nice area when you see dozens of runners about all day long. Go out after school hours and you are bound to get something said.

Ive just rejoined David Lloyds and I am going to start doing some of the classes there. In my own time, I do circuit training in my local park. Its hard trying to push yourself though, I tend to slack off a little.
ive got a mate like you i train with doing these circuits (and milling and walking along the sides of tall bridges :lol: but thats just our inner walter breaking out ) and he slacks off if he isnt being watched

the best way to do it is count one of the reps, ie press-ups, how many you do during 20 minutes of a circuit and next time you do the circuit try and do a few more, or one more length sprint, or add one more rep to each set etc, or a couple of minutes to the session, just anything to stop you getting stale, im going to start doing 20 of each set and carry on for five more minutes, if your not hanging out your arse its not good enough! :evil: :wink:

and its always hard to push yourself, if it wasnt anyone could be a commando
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

Wind yours in first chris :roll:

Cant be f@#k firing comments like that down range and not expect incoming back. Sweeping comments like that are guaranteed to get someones backup. Mine included. You might be lucky enough to live in an area where the vast proportion of your local area is nothing but f@#k hills and the greenest grassiest portion of the uk isle, but some of us live in areas where the best you can hope for is that your not gonna get caught in an area where there is a sodding traffic jam and attempt a world record at 'most ammount of carcinogenic funes inhaled within an hour' on your morning/afternoon/evening run.

Would you drop down and smash out 20x pressups 20x situps outside a f@#k sainsburies store? Give us a break!

To close - i always get shit when i run. Always some idiot jumping in my way shouting, or some a1 stroker shouting at me thru a car. part of my run takes me through an area which aint very nice. I usually make this my fartlek portion :D :D.
PJFT : 9.12
PRMC : 24th May... FAILED
Going back - sometime after Chrimbo
HardRock

Post by HardRock »

Mr Mojo,

I know how you feel, I live in a area over run with 'chav', Ive been out running and they always shouting stuff, the worst ones are on the sat nights when they are drinking their breezers or 'bier d'or' :wink: one of them threw a bottle once (landed 10ft short though, he obviously needs to improve his upper body strength :lol:) its just bloody ridiculous. Its good for the old discipline front though, go over and beat 10 bales out of them, or turn up the mp3 and keep plodding.

I find it amusing how the lads trying to make real men of themselve are 'farking idiots' and the lads that are wasters in their little gangs are 'going to be something' doing their 7 year apprenticeship in 'how to fix a car', comes in very hand when you steal one that just isn't running smooth.

Maybe all us city guys can go at Chris' place and run in the lovely green pastures :D

Rant over,

Aye,
Rock
A great quote from the "Destination: D-Day" series:

"Right, you've done the hard bit, now make it look easy"

Desire. Grit. Determination. Victory.
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

ok i accept your explanations as to why finding a good place to train is important in many cases, i'll say no more about it. However I really don't think the reply I received to my original post was warranted, so the dispute ends here I hope... good luck with your training.
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

I could go on all day about how much I dispise chavs or scallies. People who drive around all day in thier cars yet who have never done a hard days work in thier lives. Twats who sit around on street corners smoking weed and shit stirring. f@#k them. If they want to lead pointless lives let them. They wont amount to anything.
themattmeister

Post by themattmeister »

'Run forest run' that's always a classic used, very witty.