Share This Page:

para's

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

i didnt say all though did i

when i say all teenagers are lippy c@#t feel free to correct me

attention to detail :wink:

i just meant hes no different from millions of other mouthy little c@#t all over the nation, when he passes some sort of armed forces training, he can take the piss all he wants out of any soldier he pleases

a friendly jibe is expected, but slagging of others before hes even signed up not on
Felias

Post by Felias »

Hmm, I don't know what I said but it seems to drive you people mad. For the last 5 yrs I have watched documentaries and talked to lots of serving and ex servce personel. Also a mate went to PRMC and failed and went to RSC a few months later and passed and he didn't train. I was assume you know what his comments were.
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

^^^^^^^^^
None of the above qualifies you in any way to make the kind of comments you've been posting!
You are pissing people off with your "Done nothing - Know everything" attitude and when you go slagging off experienced soldiers who are held in high regard amongst the members of this forum who are serving or have served then you place yourself in harms way!
I suggest you you look back over some of your posts and farkin switch on before somebody switches you off period!
jay999

Post by jay999 »

Back to the original thread i completed the insight course and i loved evry minute of it to be honest. Though in all honesty I arrived with similar theories to you people in thinking it would prepare me for the prmc n left with a sort of attachment to the way the paras work. i had began to admite their history,courage and spirit. Though a few weeks after i realised if i wanted to try and be the best royal was the only real option. Now im hopefully going to book a prmc for some time in november. The insight course is very hard but most certainly worth it if you have any doubts about your fitness and determination you will be pushed and it will be hard but its worth it.
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

your missing the point felias, entry test do not make a soldier, not even passing out and getting your beret makes you able to comment, thats just the start, and the paras have a unique way of doing things which makes them elite soldiers

entry tests mean f**k all, its just to help screen out the weak, the fist few weeks with the paras is aimed at screening out the week also, the rsc is just a general army fitness and mental test that just checks people are able to do the job they want before they waste money by sending them off to basic to fail

ITS F**K ALL TO DO WITH THE PARAS

also you have to be in the corps to have espirit de corps, and even marines who have passed out would be thought of as a twat for labelling the paras crap
Hostage_Negotiator

markthestab wrote:the fist few weeks with the paras is aimed at screening out the week
I'm not sure yet if that's a typo or deliberate but it gave me a chuckle anyway!
Nice one!
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

Felias wrote:Firstly RSC at Pirbright you don't need to do the bottomfield :lol: . You don't need to do the 3 miler :lol: you don't need to do Gyms test 2! Thats why in Para, pass rate is 65% need apply failiure. For marines it's 99.99% need not apply. RSC is basically shite tests and they are easy, such as carrying 2 full jerry cans for a distance under grasp chin ups. easy stuff, on top of that most of the Army is full of dickheads who will give you a dirty look if they don't like the way you look.
RSC is a general test for service with Army which means it's nothing like PRMC as people joining the signals, engineers, logistics, Intel etc... as well as Infantry/Para recruits are expected to pass it. PRMC is for Marines ONLY and so is obviously going to be tougher.

The Paras equivelent to PRMC is Screening Week which is week 1 of training, and consists of:- Multi Stage Fitness test (ie Bleep Test ), various gym circuits, the RSC test such as the jerry can race, ammo box lift, push ups press ups etc.. 3 mile run, Steeple chase and has quite a few beastings thrown in for good measure, especially on Day 1 as a welcome to the Paras!!

As for the 99.9% bollocks do you really believe that? It's just a recruiting slogan :roll:
If 99.9% failed RM recruit course there wouldn't be a Royal Marines.

As for Most soldiers in the army being dickheads cause they give you dirty looks, I'd say they were spot on looking at you like your a w@#k :lol:
Felias

Post by Felias »

Alfa wrote:
Felias wrote:Firstly RSC at Pirbright you don't need to do the bottomfield :lol: . You don't need to do the 3 miler :lol: you don't need to do Gyms test 2! Thats why in Para, pass rate is 65% need apply failiure. For marines it's 99.99% need not apply. RSC is basically shite tests and they are easy, such as carrying 2 full jerry cans for a distance under grasp chin ups. easy stuff, on top of that most of the Army is full of dickheads who will give you a dirty look if they don't like the way you look.
RSC is a general test for service with Army which means it's nothing like PRMC as people joining the signals, engineers, logistics, Intel etc... as well as Infantry/Para recruits are expected to pass it. PRMC is for Marines ONLY and so is obviously going to be tougher.

The Paras equivelent to PRMC is Screening Week which is week 1 of training, and consists of:- Multi Stage Fitness test (ie Bleep Test ), various gym circuits, the RSC test such as the jerry can race, ammo box lift, push ups press ups etc.. 3 mile run, Steeple chase and has quite a few beastings thrown in for good measure, especially on Day 1 as a welcome to the Paras!!

As for the 99.9% bollocks do you really believe that? It's just a recruiting slogan :roll:
If 99.9% failed RM recruit course there wouldn't be a Royal Marines.

As for Most soldiers in the army being dickheads cause they give you dirty looks, I'd say they were spot on looking at you like your a w@#k :lol:
Well, not all of them. The ones looking for a fight!
Hostage_Negotiator

Felias wrote:
Well, not all of them. The ones looking for a fight!
Fight; To take part in a violent struggle involving physical force or weapons > engage in (a war or contest).>quarrel or argue.; normally involving two or more parties.

So Feely Arse! I don't think the word "fight" accurately describes what would occur between you and a member of HM Forces perhaps you should look under:-

MASSACRE

you'll find it in the dictionary between

MASQUERADE and MASSETER!

Dictionary: A book that lists the words of a language in alphabetical order and gives their meaning, or their equivalent in a different language.
Dave.Mil

Post by Dave.Mil »

gone
Last edited by Dave.Mil on Mon 19 Feb, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevo66

Post by kevo66 »

Now just wait a min guys, this lad knows his shit! He advised me that running on concrete will HELP my shin splints, even cure them, and this process can be speeded up by drinking milk!!! What a star!!! :lol:
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

i'm not backing him up here or defending him, but the same sort of thing happened to me years ago, i carried on running on concrete/roads and shin splints went away eventually, strange. :roll:
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

This thread has about two zero seconds to pull it's self up
from the quagmire it's digging itself into before I lock it.
Besides It's interupting my enjoyment of old Monty Python re-runs on BBC America :roll:
Wee Willy Winkie

Post by Wee Willy Winkie »

aww come on wholley, all the big boys are bullying him and t'is tres funny! even you have to admit what he posts not just on this topic is absolute 'king george the third' so he has to endure the military haze as a L/CPL in my unit put it lol had us laughing for days at camp. W.W.W
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"