Share This Page:

My Old Troop - 894

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Winnie

My Old Troop - 894

Post by Winnie »

Hey people,

Just a quick post for you lads in training at the mo. Wondering if anybody could find out how my old troop are doing, what stage they are at, how many left in the troop etc.
I some times regret leaving, but i always think back to how i was feeling back then and remember why i came out in the first place. :D
Who knows only 17 may join up again at a later date.

So Yeh, any info on 894 Troop would be much appreicated.
Also, not naming names of course, but hows the new cpl that replaced the one that left?

cheers again lads!

Winnie.

EDIT*
Also A quick note, any of you in training thinking of coming out, dont bother civy street is shite.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Hmm, I seem to have missed you leaving. When and why did this happen? You can PM me if you don't want it to be public knowledge.

Zak :)
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

I left cause i felt i was too young and hadnt had enough life experience before going in. Was 16 when i went in, im 17 now, and thinking of going back a bit later on.
But yeh i left at the end of april i think. Only got to week 8 but still.
So yeh, any info on how they are getting on would be great.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

RM.Nod05 wrote:I left cause i felt i was too young and hadnt had enough life experience before going in. Was 16 when i went in, im 17 now, and thinking of going back a bit later on.
But yeh i left at the end of april i think. Only got to week 8 but still.
So yeh, any info on how they are getting on would be great.
arite, my mate went in when he was 16 going on 17, and passed out just after he was 18.

i was going to go in with him at the time but i felt i was too young, physically and mentally, i reckon i was right in the decision i made, i'm 19 now...
beardo

Post by beardo »

I'll tryto find out for you Nod, they live in the block near us soIm bound to speak to one of them some time. Have you decided wether or not your going to rejoin? You should do, up to week 8 is crap, but then theres hunters moon, 2 weeks of shooting, then grenade throwing and helicopter drills, so it gets much better
druadan

Post by druadan »

They'll be wk 19 next week, which IIRC isn't really anything, but Dorset Leap (tactical test ex) next week. Can't tell you anything else I'm afraid mate.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Week 19. I really wish i hadnt have left. But what can i do ay? whats done is done, but to answer your question i havent thought it through completely, but all i ever think about is when i was in the marines, and as much as i hated it i really miss it. So yeh, im most likely gonna put myself back in there. I'll make sure im more prepared for it this time round.

Thanks lads, not everything i want to know but its still some of it, cheers again. :D
Hostage_Negotiator

Post by Hostage_Negotiator »

Machiavellian wrote: a couple of days ago a lads fibua snapped and came through his leg! i was 16 when i joined...never looked back!

Tom
Deliberate or not mate you put a smile on face for the first time in ages with that little beaut! :lol:

FIBUA - Fighting in built up areas! :lol:

Chicken soup for the soul that one, cheers bud!
braywick

Post by braywick »

I was on God's acre with them a couple of weeks ago, and they were getting a thrashing from the adjutant for not knowing their corp history. :lol:
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

RM.Nod05, howcome you hated it? I'm just interested to see why. :P
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

cosmo wrote:RM.Nod05, howcome you hated it? I'm just interested to see why. :P
I dont mean to put all the blame on the troop but to completely honest, thats the reason i left. If you go in the Marines, just keep in mind, Teamwork is everything. The whole troop needs to bond together and crack it all together, but in my troop there were too many little groups within the troop if you get what i'm saying. Certain people would hang around with other certain people and not give two hoots about the rest. and that was the case for quite a few of the people.
LOL and if you read above about them getting thrashing for not knowing their corp history. thats sounds about right, someone was always farking up and getting the troop in shat, then everyone would hold a grudge against that person instead of helping them. That wasnt the case with me, just what i noticed. Also i thought i was too young, some of the people there didnt like the fact that i was 16 and at the same stage as them being a 21 yr old of whatever. LOL, so i had enough. Fark that, i was out of there, but not one week passes without me regreting leaving. I just wished i joined with a different troop, as you look at other troops, even ones behind us and they had the teamwork down to a T.

But Nontheless, i still hope to see that this troop is getting along fine now, and i know some members of that troop are members of MF, and if they read this, i hope they can give me some answer, especially as its summer leave now. Also if your someone from 894 troop and you dropped. let me know please :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

RM.Nod05 wrote:in my troop there were too many little groups within the troop
I can't say I've noticed this yet in my troop, and I hope it won't surface, but I get what you mean about giving the slower members of the troop stick for some extra pressups. It's too easy to say f@#k it and get yourself somewhere on time, rather than be a few seconds late and make sure that guy is squared off.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Indeed. And dont worry, my troop started like that from the beginning, if your troop hasnt yet done that, i doubt it will at all, and im glad to hear that, thats what you want in the corp, people who can work as a team. But yeh, your never gonna get rid of the stick to people who are a bit slower, but its true what you say, its better to go out ready then to go out on time, but looking like gash.

What week you in right now btw and whats your troop number?
Tugg

Post by Tugg »

So RMnod........youre not actually a nod?Hmmm :-?