Share This Page:

Im off....

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

900..........?
Soon be at 928, then I'll perk up because we must be due a reunion and pissup.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
braywick

Post by braywick »

druadan wrote:899 Tp will exist then? My old team less the boss are taking 900...
Looks like I will be in 900 Troop mate, anything I should know about your old training team? :D
Failed PRMC 5th July
PRMC October 11th - 14th
braywick

Post by braywick »

beardo wrote:Just had parents day today, which went better than I expected it to. Long weeknd now then back to work on monday till august, which should be a laugh :-?

col2k5 how you gettin on down in foundation? God I hated it in there, glad were in our newly refurbish grot now :lol:
How have you found training so far mate?
Failed PRMC 5th July
PRMC October 11th - 14th
beardo

Post by beardo »

Foundation block was pretty crap, but its only for 2 weeks, so crack that and the block feels like a hotel. PT is quite hard if you put the effort in, but its only once a day (unless you have swimming too). Just started weapons training whichis pretty cool, and drill is pretty straight forward. The hardest thing to do in training is not falling asleep in lectures. I keep myself awke by watching people struggling to stay awake. Its hilarious.

Just remembered something that had me laughing for ages.

We've got 3 backtroopers who failed their NAMET's, and they said theres a nutter in there old troop (897). One of the lads was talking to him on Friday and he told him that hes got to go and see the troop commander becuase while on parade the DL asked the troop if anyone had a problem. The lad put his hand up and said ''You're a tool Corporal''
braywick

Post by braywick »

beardo wrote:Foundation block was pretty crap, but its only for 2 weeks, so crack that and the block feels like a hotel. PT is quite hard if you put the effort in, but its only once a day (unless you have swimming too). Just started weapons training whichis pretty cool, and drill is pretty straight forward. The hardest thing to do in training is not falling asleep in lectures. I keep myself awke by watching people struggling to stay awake. Its hilarious.

Just remembered something that had me laughing for ages.

We've got 3 backtroopers who failed their NAMET's, and they said theres a nutter in there old troop (897). One of the lads was talking to him on Friday and he told him that hes got to go and see the troop commander becuase while on parade the DL asked the troop if anyone had a problem. The lad put his hand up and said ''You're a tool Corporal''
Cheers for that mate, hopefully I'll see you down there soon. 8)
Failed PRMC 5th July
PRMC October 11th - 14th
wato212

Post by wato212 »

What does the NAMET'S test involve? and how hard is it?
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

what are the lectures about? and how long are they?
druadan

Post by druadan »

You only have to take NAMET if you don't have GCSEs in Maths and English.

Braywick, they're a good team, one Cpl is a proper evil two faced to**er, the only one everybody disliked. He can be a good laugh at times but is a proper evil barsteward the other half. He's the one with a dog and a tendency to bounce on his feet saying, "Awright men," constantly. But you'll probably hate them all for the first few weeks at least anyhow :wink: The Dutch stripey's hilarious tho, if a littly mentally disturbed...you'll see what I mean :lol:
braywick

Post by braywick »

druadan wrote:You only have to take NAMET if you don't have GCSEs in Maths and English.

Braywick, they're a good team, one Cpl is a proper evil two faced to**er, the only one everybody disliked. He can be a good laugh at times but is a proper evil barsteward the other half. He's the one with a dog and a tendency to bounce on his feet saying, "Awright men," constantly. But you'll probably hate them all for the first few weeks at least anyhow :wink: The Dutch stripey's hilarious tho, if a littly mentally disturbed...you'll see what I mean :lol:
Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to cracking on it with it now.
Failed PRMC 5th July
PRMC October 11th - 14th