Share This Page:

RM/ MoD Regulations on TATTOOS

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Dave dont worry about it, I wasnt 6 foot 1 when I first went to the AFCO but I am now! life goes on, you've had a tatt thats it. You'll get told in training not to get pished, you'll have a younger version of me telling you not to catch a dose, you'll be told pain is all in the head, its all bollocks. You'll get pissed get a dose and hurt like a skinned rabbit in a tub of salt during your military career! Now go out for a run and stop worrying about your tatt................

the real reason your worried is, its a chad one isnt it? :lol: :lol:

oh and Dont listen to flynn he's a plank.
lew

Post by lew »

Dave I didnt have mine when I first went into the afco, I'm sure the doc doing the medical will spot it.

He spotted mine anyway.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
Dave_n

Post by Dave_n »

yeh dont worry boys all is good! cheers for the imput anyway
Cliodna

Post by Cliodna »

I wouldn't worry about it mate.
It never did my career any harm......come to think of it perhaps that was the reason everything went tits :lol:

Nah seriously though bud, nowt to worry about, its not like you lied on your original form, is it?

Got to agree with Jeb (and I do so hate doing that :wink: :lol: )
Having a tat as a fashion statement is way too chad for words.
All mine have meaning behind them relevant to the end/beginning of a chapter of my life.
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

flynn101 wrote:id like to get a tattoo of some para wings (once ive completed training doc)
Expect numerous kickings then, as they expect you to be in battalion for a year before you get any para reg tattoo's
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

looks like ill have to wait a year then
Jobag

Post by Jobag »

Edwards159 wrote:they expect you to be in battalion for a year before you get any para reg tattoo's
Atleast that mate. Its only really once you have been accepted by the other blokes in battalion that you can get one. And all new guys in battalion are hated, so arrive with a reg tattoo and expect a hard time.

One lad in training had "Utrinque Paratus" on his inner arm!! lucky none of the staff saw it, or he would have been up sh*t creek with no paddle :lol:
flynn101

Post by flynn101 »

can see the sense in all this, maybe i should just get a tattoo of the afc capbadge :lol:
sinno

Post by sinno »

flynn101 wrote:id like to get a tattoo of some para wings (once ive completed training doc) whats the pain like my sis had one done and said it was like having being stabbed and having it dragged around her body but she is a pussy painwise and i was suprised to see it didnt rub off her when i sprayed water on it
I have a tattoo of a Liver bird- being the proud scouser I am. The best way to describe it mate is...it's like being scrathed with a pin-like 'chicken scratches' you used to give your mates att school with a compass.

When I had mine done I had the fella ranting on for an hour about how he hated people who got footy tats etc. made my hour well enjoyable :o

After you ahve one done though you have to put haemmeroid cream on it for a month 'cause it pusses like me nan!
lew

Post by lew »

sinno wrote: After you ahve one done though you have to put haemmeroid cream on it for a month 'cause it pusses like me nan!
errr, I didn't, sounds like you went to a less than hygienic tattooist. I was told to wash mine with warm soapy water, and then just keep it clean and dry for 24 hours. No puss, or any swelling at all.

If I were you I wouldn’t go back to that bloke again.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

what would the PTI's or who ever, do if they seen you with the RM cap badge tattoo'd onto your arm? or the commando dagger? or the RM motto? i dont have any of these and i am not even considering a tattoo with anything about the military (so dont worry you 'take everything to heart' people! saying OMG YOU DONT DESERVE TO WEAR IT, LEAVE NOW, LEAVE NOW FAGGIT!!

i am just wondering. :wink:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Class you as a knobber and take great pleasure in beasting you.

I would hazzard a guess that anyone even turning up to PRMC with a RM tatt wouldn't pass it.
JC

Post by JC »

Christ, i wouldnt walk around with the globe and laurals on me until i passed out. Thats just asking to have the piss taken, especially if you don't pass... because you're stuck with it :)
bird

Post by bird »

Going back to the original post im 16 and i have a couple of biggens on arm, stomach and back. My afco and medical doc just said "nice tats".

Matt.
On the road to recovery.
james_m

Post by james_m »

Doc wrote:Class you as a knobber and take great pleasure in beasting you.

I would hazzard a guess that anyone even turning up to PRMC with a RM tatt wouldn't pass it.
I was planning on turning up for PRMC wearing a green beret that I bought off ebay for £15. I will be alright though, won't I?

:lol:
Cheers
James_m