Share This Page:

Members' Training Schedules

All Royal Marines related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Get an OS map and measure a route, I measure landmarks so that when I pass them I know how far Im going. To be honest though for training its better to run for time than distance.

You could always take the treadmill to the park and get stared at :o
druadan

Post by druadan »

As above...well, can't disagree with the old and bold can you :roll: I measured out roughly 3, 4 and 5 mile routes on a map. Easy enough if you live in a village, if you live in a town centre maybe harder. To be honest you don't need to run any further than that in your own time at home; even on leave at week 28 I only did a few 4 or 5 mile runs just to keep the CV ticking over...get your base fitnees, the Corps will do the rest. Just ask Skiffle 8)
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

Okay, so ive packed in my day job against my better judgement, with the aim of getting myself PRMC fit again after injury asap.

Ive done research on the net and understand that a balance must be met between developing the various energy pathways etc in the body.

just looking for a bit of advise on my schedule below.

Monday
am - run 20 mins + 5 every week
pm - Circuit (6 excersises, wide arm + tricep pressups, dips, situps, knees to chest, knees to opp arm situps, 15 reps atm adding 5 every week 3 sets of)
eve (9/10pm) - run 20,10,5,5,5 with 3 min rest intervals between

Tuesday
am - Circuit as above
pm - 3x30 triceps, 3x35 situps, 3x3 pullups - adding per week
eve -20 min run adding 5 per week

Wednesday
Off

Thursday
am - 3x30 triceps, 3x35 situps, 3x3 pullups - adding per week
pm 20 min run adding 5 per week
eve - 1 mile fast warmup jog, followed by 1 min 20 m grid sprints - repeat 3 times

Friday
am circuit
pm - 3x30 tricep pushups, 3x35 situps + 3x3 pullups, adding each week
eve - 20 min run adding 5 per week

Saturday
:drinking:

Sunday
5 mile slow, slow, slow run

I want to know wether i have got a decent balance here between endurance, strength and VO2 max work here, just looking for some critiscim or advice. I dont have access to any gym, and the cirucits/pressups have to be done in the afternoon b4 5 as then the house where i workout in gets too crowded. Is kinda a problem :x
PJFT : 9.12
PRMC : 24th May... FAILED
Going back - sometime after Chrimbo
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wednesdays off and Saturdays drinking??????? :roll: :lol:

so how many weeks do you do the above routine until you start doing phys proper? :lol: :lol:
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

lol :D

im pretty fooked really. Shouldnt of quit :s

Im guessing that it isnt enough then? Got any pointers - its not as if ive got anything else to f@#k do in the day anymore :(

just got over shin splints though, so dont wanna push too hard too quick and risk another fn 6 weeks off training :(

8) 8)

Wish there was a 'get fit quick' button on me somewhere. wheres the damn manual?
Bliartheliar

Post by Bliartheliar »

How much rest should we be getting a week?

ive started with

Mon - CT
3 mile run

Tue - Gym
Bike and Swim

Wed - CT
4 Mile run

Thur - Gym
Swim and Bike

Fri - CT
3 Mile run

Sat - Gym
Swim and Bike

Sun - Complete rest

Ill do this for the first 2 months and then add an interval run on saturday aftre 2 months and another on tuesday after another 2 months.
(At the end of every run I do a press up, sit up and pull up circuit)

Does this sound right?
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

im not even attempting the prmc but since i was about the fittest at TA basic and ive improved a lot over the last month ill give you my shedule

SAT
1.5 mile run in under 9 minutes followed by(without resting);

20 mintues circuit training(2 laps sprint 50 mtrs 15 pressups 2xsprint 15xsitups 2xspint 15xburpees) at maximum effort, then 10x overgrasp and 10x undergrasp pull-ups

SUN- 7 mile run 80% effort or 55 minute running which ever comes first
60 press-ups 60 sit-ups 10x20 press-ups and 10x20 situps(alternating between press-ups and sit-ups without rest)

MON-3.4 mile run maximum effort
60 press-ups 60 sit-ups 10x20 press-ups and 10x20 situps(alternating between press-ups and sit-ups without rest) 5 pull ups best form possible

TUE-press-ups maximum effort, sit-ups maximum effort, 1.5 mile maximum effort, pull-ups maximum effort

WED-20 mintues circuit training(2 laps sprint 50 mtrs 15 pressups 2xsprint 15xsitups 2xspint 15xburpees) at maximum effort, then 10x overgrasp and 10x undergrasp pull-ups

THU-w@#k

FRI-4mile tab with other lads from TA 48-55lbs(depending on how hot it is) in under 40 mins, or ten miles very easy run
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

markthestab wrote:im not even attempting the prmc but since i was 20 mintues circuit training(2 laps sprint 50 mtrs 15 pressups 2xsprint 15xsitups 2xspint 15xburpees) at maximum effort, then 10x overgrasp and 10x undergrasp pull-ups
sorry explain that one again, looks like fun
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

the bit about circuit training, i messed up the quote thang :S
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

mark out two areas of fifty metres

run to one end , sprint back, do fifteen press-ups

run to one end , sprint back, do fifteen sit-ups

run to one end , sprint back, do fifteen burpees

and repeat, do it for 20 minutes and you'll be blowing out your arse, but after a few weeks when you find it easier you'll feel so much more powerfull whilst sprinting and doing press-ups

everything should be done at maximum effort except for the run there, and this will not only bring down your 1.5 mile run time, but build up your upper body strength no end

a month or so ago before i started doing this i could only manage a mile and half in 8:52 do about 60 press-ups and 79 sit-ups on a BPFA and i was stuck at round about this score for ages

now i can do the 1.5 mile in 8:30, 70+ press-ups and 80+ sit ups

what works for some might not work for everyone and you may want to vary the routine and who often you include it in a weekly session, take this skiffle dude's advise though he knows his a lot more about this kind of stuff than anyone else on here!
Mr Mojo Risin

Post by Mr Mojo Risin »

that looks f@#k hoofin mate :D will give that a shot tomorrow :D
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Where does everyone seem to do there Circuit Training?
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

theres a field near me i do it on

some people are too self concious to train in public, but im TA so im used to looking like a twat :lol:

aslo watch out for dog shit because ive ran home with a turd on my back before :( :lol:
Last edited by markthestab on Thu 14 Jul, 2005 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Yeah I think I have a problem with that. I don't know why as I`m not massively introvert. I think I`ll go find me a quite piece of land tomorrow, it will beat doing circuits in my back garden.

Circuits are something I really need to integrate more as I have no upper body strength and that's the only thing stopping me taking PRMC now.
markthestab wrote:aslo watch out for dog shit because ive ran home with a turd on my back before :( :lol:
Ah heh - the mental image. :lol:

Cheers.
markthestab

Post by markthestab »

i train with a some mates from the TA occasionaly as several of us are attempting TA pre parachute selection so it dont bother me

circuits will build up your body strengh no question, if you include press-ups in it
Last edited by markthestab on Thu 14 Jul, 2005 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.