Share This Page:

Tsunami - Take a Look

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
james_m

Tsunami - Take a Look

Post by james_m »

I dont want to offend any people as I currently have several friends in parts of the world which have been affected by the Tsunami.

However,
I was looking over some sites when I found this:
basically on this site people who need IT jobs doing post projects and then freelance programmers bid to take on these projects. Usually the one who can do the job for the least amount of money gets the project.

http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1104360155.shtml

Look at the vultures. Someone wanted some help doing a free site and suddenly people are asking him for $10000 to make him a site to help people in the 'time of need'.

Whats the world coming to?
Any chance to make a quick dollar heh?

Cheers
James_m
robj

Post by robj »

Just incase anyone would like to see some photos

http://www.iamnotamused.co.uk/tidal.shtml

Quick note: Why did you post this in the Joining and Training in the Royal Marines section? Belongs in General Chat
Jon

Post by Jon »

I cant bleieve that people are going out to these places for holidays so soon after the disaster. Who would stay in top accomodation knowing what suffering is going on down the road?

Glad its only a handfull and that lots of people have donated towards the relief effort.
The Best Is Yet To Come
sublime_envy

Post by sublime_envy »

some people are staying on with their holidays while helping with the rescue efforts, which I think is commendable. It must be a lot harder for these people to stay and help after losing people they knew or were familiar with.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

It's a good thing people still going on holiday there, as it's bringing money into the local economies.
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"
dalo

Post by dalo »

Is weird to think that this disater has such a large scale, I heard that from the earthquake at sea the tremors carried on outwards and outwards and some place thousands of miles away got an earthquake at six on the reicter scale and this was like six to seven hours later and six on the scale is a very big earthquake so imagine what he epicentres reading must have been out at sea must of been double digits or more.
915 trp every womans pet, every mans regret.
james_m

Post by james_m »

It knocked the earth 2 degrees of its axis!!

Now there is a thought for you!!

Cheers
James_m
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Crack is, will we be seeing Al Qaeda helping their Muslim brothers........
T T Fresh

Post by T T Fresh »

No KK, they'll leave it to all the Arab nations to to do . . . no, . . . wait a minute!!!

All those evil westerners helping out others? what next? guess democracy and capitalism isn't all bad (bearing in mind it's the reason the Arabs are filthy rich)

Spreading Islam must be more important than preserving it - that said, I believe Islam is the only religion carrying the death sentence for converting to another religion. The only get out clause must be death then.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

TT, what a cynical bastard you are, you`ll do well in the Corps :P
I heard it was the Aliens wot dun it :o
Cobalt has it right.(Welcome back matey, where`ve you been? :-? )
We have been getting stacks of footage from Indonesia, it`s our backyard. Aus Govt have pledged one BILLION aus dollars to the rebuild. (That`s about 400 million of your quids) If tourism is your main source of income, what else can you do? Thousands of people have flights booked and paid for, what are they going to do? What would you do?
The economic aspects of this disaster are only now becoming aparent and the huge amounts of relief aid pouring into the region will have no impact whatsoever on groups like J.I(the local Al Q franchise)
The tsunami event was tragic, for sure. On a world scale it may well prove to be the worst disaster in living memory. Life goes on and if you live in the Third World, life is full of tragedies. Western nations have the luxury of pondering " what would I do" from the comfort of their armchairs. If you are clinging to a tree on Sri Lanka as your whole world is washed away, you don`t have that same luxury. Forget Sunreader.com as your main information source. Look around you.