Share This Page:

downwards spiral

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Gary_amsterdam

downwards spiral

Post by Gary_amsterdam »

---
Last edited by Gary_amsterdam on Fri 22 Mar, 2013 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am :

admin-mong
drill-mong
DAOR-mong
:D

(ps. stay in )
Greg S

Post by Greg S »

Gary we all go through rough patches but I think your problem is your thinking too deeply about life..........what I mean is your anger at the moment (which you don't understand) is probably just sub-concious frustration. Look at the reasons WHY you feel frustrated - are you lacking a purpose in life OR a sense of direction.............?

Just remember not to go off the rails too much - what your going through now is nothing compared to what I've read about combat stress disorders (apparently the best thing to do is talk about it with people that understand as soon as possible)..........

Thats what I suggest, go to someone who you can trust and get everything off your chest.........

But for gods sake man, don't ever take life TOO seriously..........and remember that mental FOCUS determines your reality..........
Redhand

Post by Redhand »

Gary,

I know EXACTLY what yer talkin bout. The thing is, it isn't constant, it hits me in waves. I always find something (thank God) in the nick of time to alleviate me literally going on a rampage.

This time around, its a girl and my focus on the British Army. I know what you mean by the separation, i have a hard time relating to the 'drink, f**k, and fight' crowd (and im joining the Brit Army!?? :P)..infact i distain them.

People have told me exactly what Greg S told u "Don't take life TOO seriously"...i say balls to that. Life is about as serious as it gets, and it should be lived one day to the next. Cause a speeding car could end it tomorrow!

I don't really know if there is a solution, BUT i have found that putting one foot in front of the other, living day by day eliviates (sp?) the problem, albeit only slightly.

The main factor is my Christian faith though, but i don't know if your religous, so i won't bug ya bout it! :lol:

I'll talk about this anytime with ya bud.
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

Gary, is the cause of this behaviour solely the Army incident?

With all due respect if it is, you need a good kick up the arse. People, including me have alot bigger problems than this and cope better than lashing out at anything.

You were advised not to leave the army, which you did anyway, now you expect us to put up with your whining?

I`m sorry if you think I`m having a go, but you need to put things in perspective.

Chin up Gary and crack on.
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

I thought you left the army for the easy life and to go out with friends etc
So just do what you left for and thats go out with friends, staying stuck in is not going to help you much as you will just keep thinking to yourself, it will help to take your mind of things. Are you not allowed to resign up to the army?? Everyone said you would regret it, you had your chance and threw it away, don't take it out on other people its not their fault.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
Gary_amsterdam

Post by Gary_amsterdam »

KlinkKlank wrote:Gary, is the cause of this behaviour solely the Army incident?
its nothing to do with it, all I said was that I regretted it.
I am :

admin-mong
drill-mong
DAOR-mong

(ps. stay in )
Tab

Post by Tab »

What ever you think mate you only live once, so try and enjoy it. Don't worry about what may happen, or who is doing what to some one else, just enjoy life and your health. It is not until you lose these things do you find out just what you have been missing, don't blame other people for your problems as you create most of your own problems. If you have problem then sort it out don't let fester away at you. Look life and the world in the eye and get on with on it. If you dig your self in to a pit of self pity there is only one person that can get you out of it and that is you, so why go there in first place. If you want some thing to do then why not do voluntary work overseas and when you see how cheerful some of these people can be under such hardship you might think twice about worrying to much about your self.
Gary_amsterdam

Post by Gary_amsterdam »

----
Last edited by Gary_amsterdam on Fri 22 Mar, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am :

admin-mong
drill-mong
DAOR-mong

(ps. stay in )
Scottish Thistle

Post by Scottish Thistle »

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better and just hope that I was able to help even a little bit.

You know where I am if you want a rant at the world.

Take care.
Live well - laugh often - love much
MyssL

Post by MyssL »

You know, sometimes, you can come on here - have a laugh and a chuckle, then another time - be involved in a serious decision of military issues in the media spotlight, but this is the first time I've seen the emphasis on sorting out deep personal problems.

Tab, what you wrote was impressive. I know you didn't write that 'impress' anyone but I can believe that whoever reads that, whether experiencing personal problems or not, can take that to heart. Sounds like you talking from experience, whatever it is - that advice sounded genuine and no wonder Gary took it wisely.

You know Gary, I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope the way forward is a little more clearer now - like Tab mentioned about "....you see how cheerful some of these people can be under such hardship you might think twice about worrying to much about yourself", my mother always say that however bad you think the situation you're in is, there's always someone in a worst place than you. And believe me, it is soo true. I look at problems I was experiencing few weeks back, then I see things like the Beslam siege, those brilliant guys in the ParaOlympics, etc; and my probs is nothing compared to the experience they've going/gone thru.

Hope things are truly better mate.
I came, I saw, I conquered.....
Gunn

Post by Gunn »

Hey, i am going through a rough spot too, since failing PRMC i thaught right i will join the RAF Regt, so i didnt get a job and went for runs and stuff, 3 months later my aptitude test came round....and i couldnt do it!! i got into the AFCO and started throwing my guts up!!! so i reschedualed and have done this 2 times now :evil: now i cant really go out without shaking and taking panic attacks etc.... im really starting to hate my life because i dont know where its going, i got a job as a receptionist in a taxi rank and i havent started yet because i keep ringing the boss saying im ill because i cant leave the house!!, its not agropheobia (sp) because i can go on runs and go out for walks but when it comes to going somewhere like the shops i go into dizzy fits! I have seen the doctor and has refered me to a psycho therapist so hopefully i will get better soon, i have lost all will to get out there, i want to just sit in a corner and rock back and forwards!!! i want to be normal again, go out clubbing, start this dead end job just to get some money, its pays 6 pound an hour so its good money for me as im only 17. i want to get my driving licence and get a car but these arnt insentives to get out there...its horrible!
Gary_amsterdam

Post by Gary_amsterdam »

===
Last edited by Gary_amsterdam on Fri 22 Mar, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am :

admin-mong
drill-mong
DAOR-mong

(ps. stay in )
Edwards159

Post by Edwards159 »

Gary_amsterdam wrote:hm, I've lost my motivation again, got an interview on thursday with the Dutch army.
What you looking to do this time?
Utrinque Paratus
whyi

Post by whyi »

[quote="Gary_amsterdam"]hm, I've lost my motivation again, got an interview on thursday with the Dutch army.[/quote]

well best thing i can suggest is stay in bed till one day you find your a pensioner

you will never ever find anything to do or impress anyone unless you get of your backside

as for joining any service forget it

they are looking for men and woman that can put there best foot forward you seem to have trouble even standing on your own two feet