Share This Page:

ARMY - OFFICIAL CMS INPUT TESTS - MINIMUM SCORE

All British Army related articles, frequently asked questions and other useful information in here.

Post by Guest »

Just been to the AFCO today (picked up the application forms and starting the recruiting process as a soldier in the paras) and they gave me a sheet saying that on RSC these are the following times for the 1.5 mile best effort run:

"Para Reg - 09.18
Infantry - 12.45
RE/RA - 13.45
RLC - 14.00
All Junior (less Para) - 14.30

To recieve a "Good" grade at RSC you need to get a runtime of : 0930-11.30 mins. "

James
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Contrary to popular belief, its a time of 9.30 or under for the Paras. A friend went to RSC on Tuesday and he had it down on paper that it was 9.30, he missed out by 10 secs with his time of 9.40. Its 9.18 or under that they prefer, but if you perform excellent in the rest of the tests you can pass with under 9.30.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"

Post by Guest »

Think about it though, you want to give them a good impression and show them you want to be a para then you will get under 09.18 instead of relying on the rest of your efforts on other parts of selection to get you through. Besides, popular belief means nothing when i have got the hard facts.

James
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Hard fact is that its 9.30 not 9.18, 9.18 is what they would like.
Get on "PARADE"

Post by Guest »

Aim for 09.30 then. Im aiming for 08.30 when i go, so i am safely within the limit.

Up to you.

James
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Its not about aiming for a set time, its about doing you BEST EFFORT!! That means go for the best time possible.
Get on "PARADE"

mike_B

Post by mike_B »

Yes, you d*ck, that's what he is saying. But other than being a waster and thinking 'If i get 9:30 then I will be fine' - his view means he should acheive the required time even if everything goes wrong.

Or maybe we should do it your way and get 11-something?

Mike_b
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

mike_B wrote:Yes, you d*ck, that's what he is saying. But other than being a waster and thinking 'If i get 9:30 then I will be fine' - his view means he should acheive the required time even if everything goes wrong.

Or maybe we should do it your way and get 11-something?

Mike_b
Who you calling a dick you big head?? There's is just no need for that, i am sure you will regret calling me that. Its a best effort, i am not saying aim for 9.30, i am saying that is the time at RSC not 9.18. Its an A B conversation between me and James, do your big head a favour and C your way out of it.
Last edited by Grimey Vibes on Sat 18 Sep, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get on "PARADE"

martin1001

Post by martin1001 »

Look - save your brawn for elsewhere.

If you can´t handle a jab and a prod here n there; then the Army is no place for you!

That´s something that is not tolerated!
Train hard - fight easy, drink lots - fall over
Tab

Post by Tab »

There was a time if you could breathe then you where in the Army, but times have changed, but please try and keep the personal remarks down.
There is more than one way to skin a cat, just as there is to call some one a wally, so just think before you post.
para001

Post by para001 »

if you are going para reg then they like you to get 9mins or under,
uk_Taylor

Post by uk_Taylor »

if your going into the para regiment you need to run the mile and a half in under 9:18 to be successful! FACT.

Before you go to an RSC, you are given a booklet with all the information you need. When you get to your RSC you will be told that you should be looking at no more than 10:30 for the mile and a half. I did 10:30 with a sprained shin muscle, I had to jog for the first part and then I just told myself to just go for it. I was like a steam train at the finish, I just went completley numb (In the Zone) and I felt I could run for 20 miles!

Quite a few people ran off at the start...Small group of wannabie para's and a few Infantry soldier wannabies. About 5 tried to stay on there pace but even I passed them before the finish! Just go at your own speed, then just over half way through just jump into over drive.

P.S Tie your f@#k laces too before the run! The amount of people that stopped to tie their laces was stupid. Some people walked too, which seemed insane. Out of about 30 only 2 failed selection. One with medical reasons and one due to lack of communication on the leaderless tasks. Your medical is the first thing you have to do, it's not as intense as you might thing! and the younger people go first. Some people will go in the afternoon due to the medical! I think about 6-7 did when I was there! reasons are unknown.
Gazza85

Post by Gazza85 »

uk_Taylor wrote:
P.S Tie your f@#k laces too before the run! The amount of people that stopped to tie their laces was stupid. Some people walked too, which seemed insane. Out of about 30 only 2 failed selection. One with medical reasons and one due to lack of communication on the leaderless tasks. Your medical is the first thing you have to do, it's not as intense as you might thing! and the younger people go first. Some people will go in the afternoon due to the medical! I think about 6-7 did when I was there! reasons are unknown.
The old trusty "double knot" worked a treat for me.
uk_Taylor

Post by uk_Taylor »

And tuck em into your trainners! :wink: