Share This Page:

The cuts

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

What source was that from mate?
Stu-

Post by Stu- »

Nevermind, just read it on bbc :D
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Cheers ears :wink:
Now give us the bad news :o

On a lighter note, which is sure to please the Crabs, I cannot believe that UK front line strategic air defence capability will be dependant upon/ enhanced by Jags untill 2007 :P Haw Haw Haw :P Stunned :o

618 Sopwith Camel PRU are to receive further improvement of their night fighting/all weather capability, as soon as the pilots can fit the new Duracells to their torches. Discount rates at Boots The Chemist One Hour Photos should offset the cost enhancement, visa vee Ever Ready Extras :P

Ref the Andrew, what a state to be in. Kin stunned. Why don`t we go the whole hog, and " Contractorise" the Sea Fighting capability and projection of Sea Power Ashore :-?
Makes sense from a bean counting perspective, I s`pose :-?

"I see no ships" That`s `cause weem payed `em all orf, moi luvver.
Don`t need`em smuch, now we`s all European an all :-?
See you drekly 8)

This`d be effing hillarious if it wasn`t true

Horatio, increase revolutions to two thousand per cent
Aye,
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
AdamR

Post by AdamR »

Any idea which infantry battalions are being scrapped?
What do you know about surfing major, you're from god damn New Jersey
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

We are heading towards being a country with a part-time defence force. I was talking to a guy at work who is joining the TA and looked upon it as a part time hobby - wrong!!! I have told him that he is likely to be mobilised within 6 months, he doesn't believe me. :roll:

I can see the day when the FIDF have to bail us out!
lew

Post by lew »

Pongo tell him he WILL be, they have already started to sniff around my regiment (70 royal sigs) for op telic 5.

Do you know who he is joining, as allot of the medics I did recruits with are now out in the gulf.

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
martin1001

Post by martin1001 »

If the FIDF have to help us - god help us 1st...
Train hard - fight easy, drink lots - fall over
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

lew wrote:Pongo tell him he WILL be, they have already started to sniff around my regiment (70 royal sigs) for op telic 5.

Do you know who he is joining, as allot of the medics I did recruits with are now out in the gulf.

lew
He's joined the Nottinghamshire Regt, formerly the Sherwood Foresters. I'm not up to speed on what they've done pissing about with all the old regiments and calling them by some vague title which ignores proud traditions.
Tab

Post by Tab »

There will be an increase in the budget and strength for the SBS & SAS.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

We complain that we're understrength and overstretched. So Whitehall cut numbers. I'll never understand their logic.
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"
MFC

Post by MFC »

I feel sorry for poor sods who will get these though their in-tray about 6000 over a period of 4 years

http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/eve3-37327/e ... id118.html

Soldiers kicked out to 'soften up regiments'

BRIAN BRADY
WESTMINSTER EDITOR

THE military has been accused of using its own disciplinary code to expel soldiers from Scottish regiments so they can be ‘softened up’ for the axe.

Scotland on Sunday revealed last week that at least two historic regiments will be disbanded as a result of swingeing defence cuts, with the most likely targets those units with the biggest recruitment problems.

It has now emerged that the number of Scottish soldiers dismissed for indiscipline under archaic ‘Queen’s Regulations’ has soared over the past five years.

The toll of servicemen and women being kicked out of the King’s Own Scottish Borderers alone has soared by 300% in the past five years, from 10 in 1999/2000, to 40 in 2003/04.

Government critics suggest the MoD is deliberately increasing the number of troops dismissed to bolster its argument for axing regiments.

The number of Scots soldiers dismissed under Queen’s Regulations paragraph 9.414, which covers offences including indiscipline, failing drugs tests and engaging in "sexual aberration" has more than doubled to 245 since 2000.

"The number of people being kicked out under this code should be fairly consistent over the years," said John Thurso, the Lib Dems’ Scottish affairs spokesman.

"I find it hard to believe that there has been such a dramatic rise of cases of indiscipline in the King’s Own Scottish Borderers. The only plausible answer is they are using exit codes such as 9.414 to push people out.

"It is unacceptable that when Scottish regiments are suffering such overstretch that experienced soldiers are being forced out.

"It worries me that this practise is being used to run down the regiment ahead of defence spending cuts."

But an MoD spokeswoman last night claimed it was "absolutely ridiculous" to attribute the rise in dismissals to any requirement to keep a lid on recruiting.

She added: "It is in the best interests of the commanding officer to keep infantry battalions at full strength.

"He doesn’t want to lose soldiers, so to link this rise with penny-pinching civil servants just does not make sense."
minimac

Post by minimac »

Can somebody explain this to me:

If we have a part time defense force - we will have even less influence and 'intimidation' value than now. I dont understand the benefit of this.

If we stick all our 'super duper' new and shiny planes on one effing big airfield what happens if we go to war!!! Along comes the enemy... BOOM! One nuke or if you dont want to go that far one big bomber attack and thats it fellas its curtains as our air force is now smouldering!
I was under the impression that one of the advantages of having many smaller airfields as in WW2 meant that while the Germans were bombing hell out of one airfield the other could be operating / recuperating from the last attack. The Germans couldnt bomb everything at once.

I wonder how many of these dickheads in Whitehall who are busy counting beans have ever seen the effects of their cuts! Decreased morale etc. Not to mention shite equipment.

Demoralising thought of the day : Your equipment is made by the lowest bidder :o.

Someone PLEASE explain this to me as I am completely flummoxed (sp?)

Cheers

MM[/quote]
rabby

Post by rabby »

It's the first time since the 6th century that FRANCE have had a bigger navy than us!! :o I hate polititians. :evil: At least the tories understood the armed forces, Thatcher gave them the cash to do what they had to do, not tie both hands behind the force's back and blindfold them. :x
There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Beast will open a new Forum asap, it will be called the 'Royal Air Planes'. Dropping the word Force is commensurate with the remaining capabilities.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente