Share This Page:

Illegal Substances

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Northpolar

Illegal Substances

Post by Northpolar »

I was just curious: do they give u a drug test when u go to the RSC? And if so what type. I'm up for an RSC soon and was quite stupid last weekend :( . (cannabis)

Bit of a bummer since I dont do drugs as a habit or anything. Thanks for any candid replies.
lew

Post by lew »

:o Ok here goes its quite simple... drugs DONT f@#k ING TAKE THEM!!!

Although if you only had the one, and you’re not a regular smoker, it should be (doesn’t mean that it will) out of your system in 48 hours...

Now sort it out!!!

lew
All I want in life is a cold beer, a fast car, a big F**King gun and a hot woman to fetch the beer, and clean the car! is that really to much to ask? - Quotes by a redneck.com

recruit test 21 march - PASSED
medical 30 march - PASSED
interview 30 march - PASSED
PJFT - 11 april - PASSED 9:18
PRMC - 7th - 10th JUNE. PASSED
foundation - 29th August
RobT

Post by RobT »

Stupid boy!!
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

Northpolar if you don't do it regularly and this was the first time in a long time then there shouldn't be any problem bruv. Did you just have a few puffs or a couple of joint's ??
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
GARRYOWEN

Post by GARRYOWEN »

Spike Milligan had this Tshirt with a slogan on it saying " ONLY STUPID BASTARDS DO DRUGS" says it all really.
FAR AWAY SO CLOSE!
Northpolar

Post by Northpolar »

I've had already had enough hassle from my girlfriend who caught me red handed :oops: I was just wondering how they test for it. I dont't intend to let one f&%k up spoil everything I've worked towards! Regarding how much I did; was so pissed I cant remember :drinking: :oops:

The level they can detect would depend on how they test for it. If its blood I'm pretty screwed for the next couple months! Normally they set a fixed level and measure the results according to that set level. Therefore its hard to judge if one joint is going to make a difference or not. I'm probably just better off owning up to it.
mr-cooper

Post by mr-cooper »

They take a urine sample mate:

If you didn't drag too much...get drinking loads of water to flush it all out and you will be fine!

Good luck

Coop
Basic training - ATR Pirbright: 30th August
Northpolar

Post by Northpolar »

Cheers mr.Cooper! I should be alright then. It wont happen again thats for sure :oops:
mr-cooper

Post by mr-cooper »

Quite alright mate.

Just make sure you don't do it again! Next time you feel the urge, just drop and do pressups till you can't move your arms to drag the damn thing!

Coop
Basic training - ATR Pirbright: 30th August
Jason The Argonaut

As Mr Mackey once said "Don't...do...drugs...drugs...are...bad...mmm....'kay" :lol: :lol:
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
mercury

Post by mercury »

Just like to say any serving soldier who crosses my path and admits to doing drugs will have the crap kicked out of them
"certa cito"
rambo

Post by rambo »

whats to say that they wouldnt kick the crap out of you.. what i mean is that if you atacked him but then as a result you got beat up yourself..
Listen in men give 100% or i will thrash you till your eyes bleed!

God is airborne because he failed his commando course!
[img]http://www.sodamnfunny.com/Animation/Gif/skelablow.gif[/img]
rambo

Post by rambo »

by all means i completely agree with you.. and i cant seem to realise why servise men would lower them selves to find it appropriate to take drugs..
Listen in men give 100% or i will thrash you till your eyes bleed!

God is airborne because he failed his commando course!
[img]http://www.sodamnfunny.com/Animation/Gif/skelablow.gif[/img]
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Particularly when the safest buzz comes from being a soldier in itself anyways.
Jason The Argonaut

mercury wrote:Just like to say any serving soldier who crosses my path and admits to doing drugs will have the crap kicked out of them
Not a clever idea really, as rambo said what if they kicked the crap out of you ?