Share This Page:

Recruit selection Center

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

What training do u do before u goto the RSC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Defiant on 2001-12-08 17:56 ]</font>
Aidan

Post by Aidan »

If you are talking about the British Army, which I presume... head to http://www.army.mod.uk , and click on the link that says NowAsk;)

It's an interactive chatroom where you can speak to a recruitment officer from the British Army, he can tell you what you want to know. Remember to go there during reasonable hours, cause I don't think it is open at 8pm ...

-----
Aidan
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Cheers
yeah i was talking about the British Army
Gipper

Post by Gipper »

I used that recruiter chat thing. The online recruiter didn't really know many specifics and referred me to an email address. It took about 3 weeks for me to get a reply from that email telling me to call the recruiter. So I'd recommend just talking to them directly if you can.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I have been and seen the recruiter and the training is not hard if u constantly work at it . Cheers
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

What kind of things do they throw at u when u go to the RSC
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Anybody going to the RSC on the 15th Jan to Glencorse
Boer

Post by Boer »

Can somebody help me out here. How does this whole recruitment thing work. I am a South African, but will be applying for the Army, as am part of the commonwealth etc. Now what happens when you see they guy at the recruitment office. Does he tell you when to report back for a medical, fitness and mental test or what???
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Well first Fill out the appropriate forms and then i did the BARB test(British Army Recruit Battery). This was seven sections tested to see your aptitude ability. These were = reasoning,letter checking,number distance, odd one out,symbol rotation,literacy and numeracy. These might not be the same for your area. Now depending on this score depends on what u can do in the army. Tech trades require more maths ,intelligence requires more literacy so on. After this u get a ACI(army career interview) and they ask questions about ur back ground,school,interests,achievements ...
NExt they set u A date to go the RSC (Recruit Selection center) where u spend up to 2 days doing tests physical or mentally. U are interviewed by a ACIO (Army Career Interview Officer) or NCO of high rank and then u will be given notice by Mail and have 15days to deceide whether u want to proceed.

I know this might be different from other people's experience but i am ready to go the RSC on tuesday.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I passed the RSC and got selection for the Signals. YESSSSSSS
Boer

Post by Boer »

Congrats on passing! Just one quick question, if you pass the BARB, do they decide where you go, or can you say whether you want to be a rifleman, or go into a trade?

Also, when do you start training?
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

If u know what u want to do then it's easier because they can tell u if u have passed the BARB test for that trade. If u have a technical trade u will be promoted quicker and receive more pay than rifle men.

After that ACI ( careers interview by NCO or officer)

They set u a date for RSC

If u pass the RSC then u can see if they have space for u in that trade if so u can join straight away.

IF u want to do Signals, RMEE, Royal Engineers u must pass another maths test at the RSC and the minimum score is 16.
Boer

Post by Boer »

Sounds good then. Now just to get to the recriotment centre to organise a BARB test and the rest that follows. Good luck with your training and everything. Probably end up meeting you someday. Hope to start basics in feb/march.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

IF u want a describtion of my time @ the RSC just give me a nood.
Boer

Post by Boer »

Would you mind? I have my RSC in 2 weeks, still training bloody hard, just adapting to the weather! Bloody cold here! And I suppose this isn't even as cold as it normally gets. Did you make the Paras, or were you applying for a different Reg.? When do you attend ATR?