Share This Page:

Soccer World Cup 2010

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Wholley wrote:
MSI64 wrote: Its a lot closer to being a World Event than the World Series is???????
I saw that coming like a high and outside pitch :D
You are quite right it should not be called the"World Series"as only a handful of countries play the game.
Mind you,between the US,Canada,Japan,Korea,South America and over the last few years China more people watch/support baseball than any other sport worldwide.
According to Sports Illustrated.

There,that should piss just about everyone off :x-mas: :xmas_rendeer:
Utter Utter Utter rubbish!!!!!!!

For example:

Estimates vary from 800 million to 1.1 billion people, though, as with all sporting events of such magnitude, an exact figure will never be known.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Told you it would piss everyone off :D
Now I'm waiting to hear from a Canuck about Hockey or an Aussie about Cricket. :roll:
Hypers,Sports Illustrated carries a photo shoot once a year of bikini clad female athletes.
As I do not know the Daily Sport I cannot compare them.
This is getting a little heated so I'm just going to drop it and leave MS164 to believe what he likes.I'm not carrying on a stupid arguement about a girls game :roll:
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Haha!
I'm not getting heated, what do I care about football?
Rounders now, or netball...
:lol:
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

No heat from me mate,Im married to a yank so its in my nature to Yank bait whenever I can :) :P
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Does she follow baseball? :D
I'm about to marry an English girl :o
I'm currently in Bedford so maybe we could touch base sometime before I head back.
I'll PM you my phone#.

Which is English girl is that? Does Ruthie know? :o
AJtothemax

Post by AJtothemax »

HCR wrote:Wholley wrote
Nice well balanced attitude there.
The rest of the world call it Soccer and how can it be a"World Cup" when not every nation plays?
Stupid girlie game played by girlies
Your wrong, every Country does take part in the Football World Cup. Its just that the vast majority get knocked out in the Qualifiers and dont make the World Cup Finals.
But saying that I do agree its a Girls game when played at the top level. More of a Rugby Union man myself
I'll second that. :multi:
AJ

"First with your head and then with your heart. Don't stop."
Madmick

Post by Madmick »

:wink: I don't think the Pom's should worry too much about the violence, they won't be there long enough to get involved.

:D 40 Cdo could beat them :lol:

MadMick
BritinAfrica

Post by BritinAfrica »

Madmick wrote::wink: I don't think the Pom's should worry too much about the violence, they won't be there long enough to get involved.

MadMick
You reckon, tourists have been hi-jacked and murdered leaving the airport of arrival.

If you want to dismiss my warning as a joke, go for it.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Wholley wrote:
MSI64 wrote: Bloody Foreigners
The rest of the world call it Soccer and how can it be a"World Cup" when not every nation plays?
Stupid girlie game played by girlies :xmas_rendeer:
Brits call it soccer, too - we invented the word.

And, of course, one of the nations which enters the World Cup is
the US of A! :wink:

It is more curious that American Football is called football when only one player ever kicks the ball? :o
BritinAfrica

Post by BritinAfrica »

Someone once said, "Soccer is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans, rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen."
HCR

Post by HCR »

I'm not mocking you BritAfrica mate, I know SA is now one of the Worlds most dangerous places. And its a shame its heading the same way as Zimbabwe. You only have to speak to SA living over hear to hear there fears on our the Country is heading.

But I'm sure if Football fans stay away from the rough areas then there is no reason why people cant go and have a brilliant time over there. Just recently 1000's of Welshmen and Women were over there to follow Wales at the Rugby and I don't think anyone was killed or injured. And I'm hoping to get over there next year for at least one of the Lions Test matches.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' 'Chuck him out, the brute!'
But it's 'Saviour of 'is country' when the guns begin to shoot; (Rudyard Kipling)
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Sisyphus wrote: It is more curious that American Football is called football when only one player ever kicks the ball? :o
I'm not big on football but not only one player kicks the the ball.
The kicker is special teams and is used to get the extra 3 points after a touch down.A little like a conversion in rugby.
He is generally much to small to play in the regular line-up.
Soccer is increasingly popular in the US as school systems can no longer afford the gear for football.
I think the US world cup team will do well once they learn to grow their hair into dreadlocks,fall over a lot and scream in agony everytime an opponent looks at them sideways :P
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

South Africa? Liverpool? Mancehster? DC?

Clearly none of you have heard of or been to Bermondsey and Peckham.

They both make Manchester and Liverpool look like Disneyland in comparison.

The Yardies had Mac 10s and crack on the streets of Bermondsey and Peckham way before anywhere else in the UK (with the possible excepton of Bristol St.Pauls) and at least a year or maybe two before the Met police knew anything about it. By which time it was too late. And I remember doing early morning raids in about 1990 down there. It was the first time I encountered people armed with blood hyperdermics; and the first time we found an Uzi! Jesus man, rough bloody times.

Bermondsey and Peckham of today and since the late 80s make Brixton of the 7Os and 80s look like a caribbean cruise!

I'd rather take my chances in DC, Liverpool or even J-Burg rather than walk around Bermondsey of an evening!
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Actually, I've just seen an interview with Zapiro about his rape cartoon & he said there are things happening now in SA that are worrying him more than anything has worried him before.