Share This Page:

hannibal reporting from catterick

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
flighty

Post by flighty »

Carry on .... f*CKW*T.

Do keep me up to date with your activities. I might have trouble sleeping otherwise.
flighty

Re: hannibal reporting from catterick

Post by flighty »

Seraph wrote:
hannibal143 wrote:first,yeah check the ip
What were you hoping them to trace? An internet cafe in Catterick?
:D
timex

Post by timex »

Good luck with week 2............only 21yrs and 50 wks left!
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Seems a tad early to be giving it the Bill big bollocks. :lol:

Give us a shout when you pass out mate and then another after your first tour. Until then the rest of us will just keep talking Shi*. :lol: :lol:
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
hannibal143

Post by hannibal143 »

hey all again!

passed out weeks ago.anyways,just checking up and trying to give an advice if helpful or not your judgement;do not come to catterick during winter time,trust me is hell on earth especially during activities such as exercises (fieldcraft....thats harbouring etc),tabbings and actually everything is and will be affected by the coldness.itc just set up a special ward for influenza outbreak last week,people are dropping literary.within the paras we had few to many nasties.and it snowed this week kneel-high,and we did both tabbing and exercise.

IT IS TOUGH THE COURSE AS A WHOLE BUT FVCKING DOABLE!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Hannibal,
Well done lad. Keep us informed, but do me a favour as I'm getting a old my eyesight and wits aren't as good as they used to be. Please slow down when you are typing. Take your time and think through what it is you are tring to say. Then before you 'click on' submit read it through to check your spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Do the army have an equivalent to NAMET [if that's still going]? I can't remember ever seeing anyone 'back in the day' with writing as bad as we see these days.

Maybe it's a problem with general standards in schools?
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

[quote="Sisyphus"]

Mind you,I am a grumpy old bastard. :P

Who? You? You amaze me. :o
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Wholley

But I don't think it's a universal problem. My grandson's ten and writes quite well with proper punctuation - he even knows the correct way of using colons and semi-colons.

He hasn't got the vocabulary to write a piece like Hannibal's but he'd certainly beat the grammar and punctuation.

And his handwriting puts my scrawl to shame - but I'm working on it! :-? :D
wanna_be_sky_god

Post by wanna_be_sky_god »

Sounds fun cant wait to start training (jan 11th). Must admit though i aint looking forward to the cold to much but it's all part of making or breaking you.
Barb - Passed
Medical - Passed
First Interview - Passed
Second Interview - Passed
ADSC - Passed
Intake - 11th of January

Parachute Regiment
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

really dont care much.will be donning that maroon soon,

passed out weeks ago

I must be missing something. Do they call the final parade something other than Passing Out now. By that I mean the end of training before you go to battalion?

Won't bother to repaste my post.

Give us a shout when you finish training mate. :wink:

There was little wonder that Prince Harry, 21, appeared to be blushing deep to the roots of his red hair as he took part in the passing out parade at the end of his training at Sandhurst Royal Military Academy yesterday.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
timex

Post by timex »

So you've completed "Basic" training is that right? Well done so far, guess that means if selected you'll be off to do P Coy soon?
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

hannibal143 wrote:hey all again!

passed out weeks ago.anyways,just checking up and trying to give an advice if helpful or not your judgement;do not come to catterick during winter time,trust me is hell on earth especially during activities such as exercises (fieldcraft....thats harbouring etc),tabbings and actually everything is and will be affected by the coldness.itc just set up a special ward for influenza outbreak last week,people are dropping literary.within the paras we had few to many nasties.and it snowed this week kneel-high,and we did both tabbing and exercise.

IT IS TOUGH THE COURSE AS A WHOLE BUT FVCKING DOABLE!
:roll: That just does not make any sense, you say you passed out weeks ago but then go on too say you are still at itc :o
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
tom163

Post by tom163 »

:lol: He maybe lost or stuck someware hahahaha.

Oh and how have you passed out if you went to depot in October 08 :-? or do you mean you actually passed out on a run or something lol.
London Boy

Post by London Boy »

Yes, maybe he means he fainted weeks ago :wink:

BTW Hannibal I did Catterick in the winter, in the real bad winter of 1980 and I loved every minute of it! So stop making it sound like hell on earth you nobber!