Share This Page:

Piggin' Fireworks!

Non Military Chat. A place for chats or dross and down right pointless posts, you decide.
flighty

Piggin' Fireworks!

Post by flighty »

Our big, brave Rottie cross is terrified by fireworks, hence we have modified our behaviour at no 6 ..... no more attempts to combust the house etc.

Our social life between Oct 1st and New Year is now restricted to walkies during daylight hours (difficult when you work full time and the clocks going back)

So, for three months or thereabouts, the poor mutt is reduced to hiding under newspapers/duvets/cars/sofas.

Tonight is a case in point. We go for our usual early-doors beverage with friends and suddenly have to pack up and come home at six-ish because, hey, it's Hallowe'en and a good excuse to terrorise the dogs and cats (not arsed about the cats, personally) the length and breadth of the country.

Just get me on 'Grumpy Old Women!' :evil: :evil: :evil:
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

BOO!!
Happy Halloween Max :D
Had all kinds of strange looking articles at 129 this evening and that was just their parents. :o
Tab

Post by Tab »

Sounds like just another one of those things that are sent to try you flighty, now you think that you have problems, where we are they have a number of firework societies and they seem to make their own fireworks and competitions on who can make the biggest bang or put on the best show. It's like living through the blitz again
flighty

Post by flighty »

Tab, I'm still sweating with me infected tooth. Dog dithering under the stairs.

Can I please retire to somewhere cold and peaceful?
La Langosta

Post by La Langosta »

You can get stuff from the vets for nervous doggies.
Its called DAPS or summat like that anyway.
Dont know anything else about it other than its supposed to calm doggies down..a bit like giving them a valium or summat I suppose.
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

Yup.
My dad's stupid dog are on them during this time.
Kind of sad really...
"Sir! We are surrounded! - Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Stuff I used on my horse's was called Phenolbutizone.
Pull out their tongues and rub some in the gums.
Works for dogs too,just don't use so much :o
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

Talking from experience, eh?
:lol:
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

My springer Mr Jack is not bothered by wizz bangs 8) but they peeesss me off ban the bleadin things i say........small rant done then :lol:
Tab

Post by Tab »

I had an Irish Setter who would go out on the patio and sit there and watched the fireworks, he loved them.
Starwon

Post by Starwon »

I have exactly the same problem with my Border Collie as soon as they start to go off whoosh straight behind the settee she runs hiding for cover
flighty

Post by flighty »

Took dawg out at five tonight ..... just as it was getting dark.

Poor bugger now equates 'dark' with 'big noisy bassers' so is now huddled under my feet jibbering like a wreck.

And as I write silly tossers are letting rockets off over the field about 20 yards away.

I have spent £23 on a pheromone spray today as well as a pack of herbal tablets .....£5.50. Dawg will need at least four packets of tablets per week till after New Year and the re-fills for spray are £20 a throw.

Plusour already restricted social life will suffer till way after New Year.

I can feel a campaign coming on! :agrue:

Jayney x
flighty

Post by flighty »

Friday ..... Artist in his pit (quelle surprise) me and dawg huddled in the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!!. Fireworks every bloomin'where.

The herbal stuff/ spray seems to be having a small effect. At least the dawg hasn't chewed his own legs off yet.

Tomorrow will be a bigger test and as for Monday ....... :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

Jayne
KiwiBen

Post by KiwiBen »

Flighty, long time no correspondence :roll: but it seems appropriate that a thread on fireworks brings me out of hiding :)

I have some very fond memories of us all enjoying a safe, mature, and responsible Bon Fire night at No. 6 8) I belive it was our good firend (pun) Paul who let the farker off in your I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! though, bless him.

My regards to you and Artist and everyone else here who makes the world turn.

Be in touch aye, Benjo
Holger Danske

Post by Holger Danske »

Tab wrote:I had an Irish Setter who would go out on the patio and sit there and watched the fireworks, he loved them.
That' not a dog, Tab..
That's a more like a bear.. :D
:multi: