Share This Page:

Trainasium

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
freer07

Trainasium

Post by freer07 »

Hi Guys i am soon wanting to join the paras i know i have a great level of fitness and i think im ready for it and cant wait to apply. i am just s##t scared of the trainasium. How high is it please?? do you get to have a practice run before you do it on p-coy?? thanks alot to anyone who replys!! :D
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

You get to do it plenty of times before p-company, dont worry. :wink:

And if you are w@#k at any part of it you will stay until you are good at it, your staff will make sure you get good at it.
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
got1

Post by got1 »

freer07, by the time you get to that point you will piss the trainasium.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

I thought it was the easiest of the tests. just follow the word of command from the staff and give it lots of welly. I think its highest point is just under 40ft, but in reality if you fall from that height there is a platform about 12-14ft below you so it aint that far a fall.
'Every man an Emperor'
got1

Post by got1 »

Seen a bloke fall from the top and must have hit every pole on the way down. We ran across expecting the worst but he just jumped up and asked if he had failed. He didn't, allthought he did go up again and came down the proper way. :)
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

gunner75 wrote:I thought it was the easiest of the tests. just follow the word of command from the staff and give it lots of welly.] I think its highest point is just under 40ft,] but in reality if you fall from that height there is a platform about 12-14ft below you so it aint that far a fall.
:roll: Its a bit more than that
Things you feel like doing after being hit in the liver :
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
-Stop taking part in any kind of violent sport.......
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

got1 wrote:Seen a bloke fall from the top and must have hit every pole on the way down. We ran across expecting the worst but he just jumped up and asked if he had failed. He didn't, allthought he did go up again and came down the proper way. :)
Go on, Airborne!! :lol:
freer07

Post by freer07 »

whens the first time you have to do the trainasium? i read on a forum thats its the first week there is that true??
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

freer07 wrote:whens the first time you have to do the trainasium? i read on a forum thats its the first week there is that true??

The trainasium in week 1 has now been binned.
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
freer07

Post by freer07 »

so whens the first time you get to try it out then??
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

freer07 wrote:so whens the first time you get to try it out then??
Week 16, unless you get to do it on parents day at the end of week 4.
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
STAND UP HOOK UP

Post by STAND UP HOOK UP »

one lad fractured his leg jumping into the cargo net, the first time he hit the net fell to the floor, staff screaming at him to do it again, up he gets, hobbles along the pole ,attempts to jump again and basically fell off, hit the ground to cries of," get in the fu##ing wagon" was taken to hospital after the medic noticed swelling in his leg, came back in plaster with the staff all flapping. Also on the see saw, a lad fell, banged his mouth and lost 4 teeth, the staff made him wait while they found his teeth before he could attempt it again, they were standing round passing his front teeth around and he was standing on the platform with blood pissing from his mouth, waiting for the ordere to get over it again.
classic happy memories. :D :D :D
Sarastro

Post by Sarastro »

STAND UP HOOK UP wrote:one lad fractured his leg jumping into the cargo net, the first time he hit the net fell to the floor, staff screaming at him to do it again, up he gets, hobbles along the pole ,attempts to jump again and basically fell off,
How the fcuk did he do the runup & 2 mini jumps before the cargo net with a buggered leg? Or is this an older version of the trainasium?
SandyTheGuvnor

Post by SandyTheGuvnor »

STAND UP HOOK UP wrote:one lad fractured his leg jumping into the cargo net, the first time he hit the net fell to the floor, staff screaming at him to do it again, up he gets, hobbles along the pole ,attempts to jump again and basically fell off, hit the ground to cries of," get in the fu##ing wagon" was taken to hospital after the medic noticed swelling in his leg, came back in plaster with the staff all flapping. Also on the see saw, a lad fell, banged his mouth and lost 4 teeth, the staff made him wait while they found his teeth before he could attempt it again, they were standing round passing his front teeth around and he was standing on the platform with blood pissing from his mouth, waiting for the ordere to get over it again.
classic happy memories. :D :D :D

:roll: :roll: :roll: what pole is this.
Last edited by SandyTheGuvnor on Wed 07 Nov, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Vomitting
-Suffocating
-Shitting yourself
-Passing out
-Crying for your mummy
STAND UP HOOK UP

Post by STAND UP HOOK UP »

sarasto, im making the fu**er up? the tranasium near the assault course and steeplechase in aldershot. He got back `up a second time cos the staff told him, and he wanted to pass the test. Unfortunately there were no men in white coats to have a look at his leg the first time he fell, they sorted that out at the hospital. And the caring staff took him in there arms and gave him a cuddle and a brew before they politely asked him to go up the second time? falling off the cargo net meant hitting the deck, there was no safety net. and not sure where he would have climbed back up, but it was only back on the telegraph pole, or what ever it was ?