Share This Page:

PF Platoon and Selection

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
aza-0497

PF Platoon and Selection

Post by aza-0497 »

Hey all, wondering if anyone knows anything more about the Pathfinders! Im currently in the Infantry and wanna give Pf selection a shot when ive completed my tour of afghan next year. Does anyone know anything about PF selection and requiremnets etc and the sort of things they been doing out on recent ops like iraq and Afghan. I know that its run along similar lines to SF selection but obviously not to the same standard. I have emailed the PARAS and they said they will forward my message to the recruiting team. but have still not heard nout from em? any help would be greatful. please only reply to me if you know wat your talking about, no bullshit. Thanks anyone whos actully done PF id be extremly grateful to here from you!
Aza
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Alrite mate Im sure you have already look on here but if not here is a bit I found about the Path finder on the Para website-

The Basics-
http://www.army.mod.uk/para/pathfinder.htm

Has info on op's etc-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathfinder_Platoon

Hope this helped a bit
Alfa

Post by Alfa »

If you are genuine about your interest in joining the Pathfinders you might want to send Greenronnie a PM he's in the Pathfinders and would probably be willing to help you out if you're genuine or if you're lucky he might reply to you in this thread.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ronnie got in by being a raving homosexual with hamster tendenancies.

He does fark all all day apart from bimbling down to netheravon to sit on the grass hoping for a break in the weather.

Hes very short and not particularly good looking, but somehow he traps. I think the sales of date rape drug have gone up recently mind.

Saying that, the selection is ninja, I got another "mate" whos ex PF and he loved it.

Good luck and Im sure GR will sort you out with some gen info once he is back from hamster duties.

Doc
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

Are there lots of good photo opportunities?
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Only if you get the pistols out :wink:
Ron is actually known as "Big G**s" or "G*t S*M*" throughout the Regt :roll:
He`s a very tender, very considerate, very loving individual, who is so in touch with his feminine side and is always happy to give young Paras a bit of a steer. Just ask Para 01. He is always glad to receive all that Ronald wants to give. Three Para mortars are actively head-hunting young Para 01 as an obvious future star 8)
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Doc

Post by Doc »

he'll have a busted star within 5 mins off walking into 3 sections grot

Tube and Lube, fire for effect..................Boom shakalaka! :lol:
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

viewtopic.php?t=2321&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Some info on this thread towards the end. "Organ donor" seems to know the score to some extent.

Harry, been there; done that. 3 Para mortars wouldnt want me...im already taken. :wink:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
RSO3

Post by RSO3 »

"Taken" by 3 PARA Sigs, no doubt! :o
Get Awaaaaaaaaaaaay
wato212

Post by wato212 »

just a quick one, has any bootnecks ever went over. Just out of interest :lol:
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

RSO3 wrote:"Taken" by 3 PARA Sigs, no doubt! :o
Perhaps. 8)

Some of the best blokes in battalion in sigs. Mega platoon at the moment. Although the job will always be pump. :roll:

I know everyone slags mortars, but its one of the best platoons in battalion. And those people who dont know that are the ones gobbing off about things they read in books. :wink:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Rogue Chef

Post by Rogue Chef »

wato wrote|:
just a quick one, has any bootnecks ever went over. Just out of interest
Yes. At one time RMs who wanted to join the SAS had to leave the Corps and join the Army, As such they were given a parent unit before going on selection.

I met a former RM who I knew from 40 Cdo circa 1982, who had tried for the SAS and subsequently ended up in the Paras. I'm not sure exactly what happened after he came off selection (memory fade), but presumably he did 'P Coy' and soldiered on.
Doc

Post by Doc »

On a similar vein, I also remember a soldier mag story many moons ago, the front cover pic was of a para with a green lid and para regt capbadge.

he was DS at lympstone for awhile apparantly.

On last years firearms course the blade DS told me a story of a matelot on selection. He had left the RN and joined the army and went for selection.

He got to the jungle and the RSM wasnt to pleased that Jack was doing so well, after asking the DS jacks location the RSM bimbled off into the cuds alooking.

On finding poor jack setting up his basha, the RSM was heard to say

"Fecking matelots are only good for rum, bum and baccy!"

Jack replied

"well sir I dont drink and I dont smoke, but if you want your arse to recieve a good shagging I'm your Man!"

After a moment of silence the RSM chuckled, and Jack subsequently passed and got badged.

No idea if he actually had to roger the RSM :o
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

I saw a Para major at Gardermoen in 87 ish with Green Lid and Para badge. Always wondered what his story was, didn`t get to ask him as we were staying in the transfer accom and the mess was open :wink: The number of Bootnecks doing double-takes as he walked past was exage :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
aza-0497

Post by aza-0497 »

cheers Paratrooper01.
Aza