Share This Page:

Soldier From 3 Para Killed

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Tab

Soldier From 3 Para Killed

Post by Tab »

They have been saying that a soldier from 3 Para was killed in heavy fighting and three others wounded in Afghanistan today. Another thing that slipped out was that the Talaban left 70 dead behind
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

The soldier killed was a good friend of mine, an ex Pathfinder. Check out my post in the obituary section.

RIP mate.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Sorry to hear that Greenronnie
Andr3w

Post by Andr3w »

May he RIP
doug

Post by doug »

You guys of 3 para,my thoughts are with your family and friends. R.I.P lads.
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Can everyone stop putting cartoon faces on thier posts, this is not a game of effing pokemon, this is someone's life we're talking about here.

Agreed and done. Edit by Frank S.
goldie ex rmp

Post by goldie ex rmp »

And when the sun goes down we shall remember them.
Exemplo Ducemus (By Example We Lead)

"Do not confuse your rank with my authority....Sir!"
Foley

Post by Foley »

I heard this on the radio, its a sad occasion when brave men die, he sacraficed the greatist thing so other people dont have to fight. these men apart should get more than a short article in the news. good luck to all the men out in afganistan and iraq.

John
Greenronnie

Post by Greenronnie »

Foley wrote:I heard this on the radio, its a sad occasion when brave men die, he sacraficed the greatist thing so other people dont have to fight. these men apart should get more than a short article in the news. good luck to all the men out in afganistan and iraq
The poor bastards that were wounded didn't even geta mention on the report I heard either.
81mm

Post by 81mm »

unfortunately mate this poxy media is not interested in what you lot you doing over there, but every airborne brother is thinking about yous every day, praying for a safe return.

another airborne brother gone to the rv in the sky.

best wishes to the familyat this sad time.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Greenronnie..........toady there is a fairly long write up on all those that were injured what their wounds and what they doing at the time. Daily Telegraph.
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

toady there is a fairly long write up on all those that were injured what their wounds and what they doing at the time. Daily Telegraph.
This is the report from the Telegraph today...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

By Thomas Harding, Defence Correspondent

(Filed: 22/08/2006)

The leader of a paratroop section who took on Taliban fighters single-handedly has become the seventh British soldier to die in Afghanistan this month.

Cpl Bryan Budd, 29, was shot dead during an attempt to lead the storming of a building filled with Taliban fighters after an ambush in the town of Sangin, northern Helmand province. He had led his unit "superbly" from the front for the past three months, his colleagues said yesterday.

Corporal Bryan Budd:
'an outstanding leader'

All but one member of the eight-man section of paratroopers have now become casualties of the increasingly ferocious clashes with the Taliban.

Cpl Budd, who leaves a young daughter and a pregnant wife, Lorena, was the 13th fatality since the Helmand task force deployed to the province in May.

His section, from A Company, 3 Bn the Parachute Regiment, suffered its casualties during the heavy fighting around Sangin, where five other British troops have been killed.

Comrades of Cpl Budd, who was due to be promoted to sergeant, said he had single-handedly stormed a building using hand-grenades and his rifle to kill the enemy during an operation three weeks ago.

"Bryan was doing really well," a colleague said. "He had taken out an insurgent building on his own and was truly leading by example." One of the other soldiers injured in the attack suffered bullet fragments in his back; another survived a bullet travelling up his leg and exiting through the pelvis; and the third had undisclosed wounds.

Three other men in the section have been wounded in the past two months.

Cpl Budd, from Ripon, North Yorks, had recently rejoined 3 Para after a successful tour with the Parachute Regiment's elite Pathfinder Platoon, which is used to carry out reconnaissance deep behind enemy lines.

As part of the Pathfinders, he served in many operational theatres including former Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone, Macedonia, Afghanistan and Iraq during his 10 years' service. Lt Col Stuart Tootal, the commanding officer of 3 Para, described the soldier as "an outstanding leader" who had a professional manner "that inspired confidence in all that worked with him".

He said: "Bryan died doing the job he loved, leading his men from the front, where he always was. He was proud to call himself a paratrooper and we were proud to stand beside him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to add a bit from The Times, where CO 3 Para is interviewed.

Lieutenant-Colonel Stuart Tootal, his commanding officer, said: “Corporal Bryan Budd was an outstanding young man who had quickly risen through the ranks in the regiment. Extremely popular, he had a calm and professional manner that inspired confidence in all who worked with him; a natural leader.”
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

I'm just in awe of the guys out there. They really are doing an amazing job, and it's devastating when you hear of fatalities. Unfortunately the press just want to harp on about how hard done-by British Muslims are when they are plotting to bring down airliners over the Atlantic as well as two idiot wannabe celebs who win a stupid reality show.
You only have to look at the US & Israel to see countires who are passionate about their armed forces, and treat their fighting folk with respect.

RIP Cpl Bryan Budd, 3 Para

God Speed to all those injured and hope they get well soon.
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
The Southerner

Post by The Southerner »

Boxingmad wrote:Unfortunately the press just want to harp on about how hard done-by British Muslims are when they are plotting to bring down airliners over the Atlantic as well as two idiot wannabe celebs who win a stupid reality show.
I second that. It makes me fcuking sick to think of the sacrifices being made by British forces worldwide on a daily basis, yet something like this gets less of a mention than a pair of "reality" TV mongs who are thrust into the limelight for acting up and talking b8llocks for a few months.

The saddest thing is that it's all in response to what the general public want to watch and read about. People can't handle their own reality anymore so they bury their head in the sand and immerse themselves in somebody else's.

R.I.P Cpl Bryan Budd. You'll be remembered by those that matter.
JoJo82

Post by JoJo82 »

R.I.P - Don't think of me cold hearted, lost alot of friends and some family out in Iraq, hearing of this all over again in afghan is just not right.

R.I.P and keep safe lads!
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~stuart.bowell/jb.jpg[/img]
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev307bf___.png[/img][/url]