Share This Page:

Guards Para platoon?

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
halford

Guards Para platoon?

Post by halford »

Hello, im trying to find as much info about this unit as possible, the ARRSE website was very useful for this, but absolutely any more info would be great. does anyone kno of any sites which contain info on this unit? thanks.
EXREG

Post by EXREG »

Tell you all I know if it helps:

This platoon is attached to 3 Para for any Guardsmen who pass P Coy. I was part of the training team on the sniper carde in Pirbright with the Sgt. in charge of this platoon when it first started, he's a switched on bloke (if he's still Plt Sgt).

From all accounts from lads i know in 3 Para they are a good bunch of lads and pull there weight.

Any more questions PM me bud.

Adam.
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

When i get back from Iraq, i am hoping to be put on P Coy and go in the Guards Para Platoon.
Basically its a rifle platoon in the 3rd Bn Parachute Regiment like any other, the only difference is it is made up of Guardsmen and Guards Officers and NCO's. To join you have to do P Coy, pass and get your wings. They wear maroon beret, stable belt and parachute regiment capbadge, but behind the capbadge is the Blue Red Blue patch of the guards, like we wear on our karki berets. Thats the only difference in order of dress. I know a few lads in it and they love it, but you are supposed to serve only 2 years. Although i know a NCO who has been in 3 years, came back to us and went back in December for another stint. All 5 regiments of Guards can go for it, but it is mostly made up of Grenadier guards. The Plt cmdr is a Gren, although he is leaving soon and the Plt Sgt is a Scots Guard.
If you want to know anymore let me know and i will see what i can do to help you.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
RSO3

Post by RSO3 »

When the Gds "para" Pl arrived in Bn, they didn't take any chances and arrived with a strong bunch of blokes. Unfortunately, since then the pl has had trouble keeping at full strength. After 2 yrs their parent units wanted them back, but the "Bde of Gds" has had trouble filling their places. Instead of continuing to send their best blokes to P Coy, they have hung on to them (and who can blame them). Unfortunatley, those whom they now send to P Coy are no longer passing as they were in '01. QED vicious cirlce - smaller and smaller pl - unless of course, the Gds Bns start sending all their fittest, strongest blokes again; but in the current climate of inf deployments, they'll probably want to keep them.
Get Awaaaaaaaaaaaay
Paratrooper01

Post by Paratrooper01 »

To be fair, 6 platoon (as they are known) are very fit and good at the job. Unfortunatly they are in B "bullshit" company and you get messed about alot. But i guess it beats standing to attention all day having your picture taken by japanese tourists. :lol:
Utrinque Paratus - READY FOR ANYTHING!
Grimey Vibes

Post by Grimey Vibes »

Paratrooper01 wrote:To be fair, 6 platoon (as they are known) are very fit and good at the job. Unfortunatly they are in B "bullshit" company and you get messed about alot. But i guess it beats standing to attention all day having your picture taken by japanese tourists. :lol:
Hows you mate?? I'll send you an email.
B for bullshit, i am sure it can't be any worse than it is in my Bn. Look forward on joining you lot, if i pass, knowing me will prob get injured.
Get on "PARADE"

"You drill like a bad hip-hop artist, MC Miss A Beat"
HCR

Post by HCR »

Hello mate.

I'm currently serving along side 3 Para at the moment. B Coy are somewhere else at the moment but when I get to see 6 Platoon I will ask for you.

I've done loads of excersises with 3 Para and 6 Platoon have a good rep.

You can tell there Guards Para because they wear the maroon beret with the Para cap badge but with the Blue Red blue Household Division backing.

I will try my best to get you some info