Share This Page:

More Para's Fail To Get Their Wings

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Tab

More Para's Fail To Get Their Wings

Post by Tab »

There was an interesting link in the paper this morning about the length of time it is taking the Para's to get their wings. Now unless they have changed the rules you can't get your para pay until you have done your jumps. Now because the RAF wont make the planes available and the soldiers are going for years with out jumping should not the Government be taken to court for breach of contract and loss of earnings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ortal.html
Boxingmad

Post by Boxingmad »

How many jumps courses are actually running at the moment? Has the situation improved or likely to improve?
Remember, knowledge is power, unless you forget it all.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Here's a bit of a dillema I thought about the other day... Am I right in thinking that the PRA requires you to be parachute qualified for membership? If so then do they allow these new Toms, who have already been on operations in PARA battalions but not yet gained their wings, to join?
- Cobalt

"It's always funny until someone gets hurt - then it's hilarious"
Tab

Post by Tab »

Well, they could also refuse to jump, then what...Also what about the jump pay, is this another way to cut their pay. Now you could have more man not wearing their wings than that have them. Could you then still call this a Parachute Regiment.
SO19

Post by SO19 »

Given that its an integral part of selection, it's a bit of shambles!

My concern is the pass/fail aspect and what happens when blokes start to refuse to jump when the time finally comes to earn their wings. A special concession maybe?

For the lad's sake, it needs rectifying.
[i]‘We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat’ - Queen Victoria, 1899[/i]
going grey!

Post by going grey! »

As a civillian would I be correct in thinking that since labour have got into power they have done nothing but screw the armed force's.

Was it any better when the Torie's were in power?
Courage is knowing what not to fear.