Share This Page:

European Elections

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.

Who will you vote for:-

a> Labour
2%
b> Conservative
15%
c> Lib Dem
No votes
d> UK Independence Party
41%
e> BNP
27%
f> Scots/Welsh Nationalists
No votes
g> Other
7%
h> Undecided
7%

Total votes: 41

Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Local Elections

Labour take a hammering so far on 1/3rd of votes cast.

Mayor of London, Livingstone may just edge Tory, but it could be close

London Assembly, could be another upset here for Labour.

Euro Elections, big hammer blow coming here for Blair, if UKIP do as well as predicted, by some pundits, it is no good everyone else jumping on the bandwagon and wanting to pull Britain out of Europe.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

So El Tone has taken a hammering in the local elections, he has recovered slightly with Red Ken holding the Mayoral seat BUT what will happen in 28 hours time when the Euro results are in?

Who is going to predict what?

I will stick my head in the noose first!

UK 1st place Conservatives
UK 2nd Place UKIP
UK 3rd place LibDem
UK 4th place Labour
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

I forgot to add that only Britain and The Netherlands voted on Thursday in the Euro elections, these results are not to be released until Sunday night 2100hrs UK time but the Dutch have released these results and although it is illegal in Europe to say how the voting went before Sunday night. This site might be a pointer........

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/co ... 02,00.html
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

So far 4 regions out of 11 have declared their results with Labour taking 8 seats and the Tories taking 7, ah well, obviously I got it wrong and Labour is the way forward in Europe!
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

No joy for Tories, Labour or LibDem in these elections. In fact UKIP surged ahead but only ended up with 16% of the vote, BNP just over 5%.

Did anyone vote Labour or Liberal in the Euro Elections itself, that reads these pages, if so can someone please explain to a 'thicko' like me what the advantages are of belonging to a European Union?
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Spannerman wrote:can someone please explain to a 'thicko' like me what the advantages are of belonging to a European Union?
There are benefits? Really?
Yup, I have one... If we pay our bills on time they don't charge us interest :o A real benefit would be not getting the bills in the first place.

I have it, the benefit of being in the EU is that we can get out of it! Now there's an idea :wink:
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Sticky Blue wrote: I have it, the benefit of being in the EU is that we can get out of it! Now there's an idea :wink:
Like voting for whom..............?
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

10 people here voted for the BNP? I thought everyone in here had some intelligence!! I guess its just 80% :)

Just out of curiousity, who did vote for the BNP? C`mon, no need to be shy.
El Prez

Post by El Prez »

Quote from Spock. "Knowing about your enemy and being able to understand them does not mean you support them."

I was confronted by an outraged friend at the polling station. He was very angry that the BNP were on the voting sheet.
I am no apologist for them, but if we are allowed to tolerate the far left, Galloway, Skinner et al, and their burden of Stalin and Dzerszinsky; how come there is abject intolerance of the far right, who obviously have their supporters.
Our dislike may be aired, but that is because we live in a free society that so far, tolerates dissent. Wars were fought to preserve that right, and the men in the trenches, of all ranks, were of all political persuasions. So surely the way to negate the BNP is to beat them with policies and political action, not fearful legislation.
You should talk to somebody who gives a f**k.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Robiz/movie_star_wars_yoda.gif[/img]
El Presidente
owdun

Post by owdun »

The hypocrisy of the politician is never more blatant than where you get people like Bliar, denigrating the BNP, and at the same time crawling into bed with the IRA. As far as I am aware, the BNP have never been guilty of bombing and shooting their way to the ballot box, whereas the IRA, well, nuff said.!

Aye Owdun. :evil: