Share This Page:

European Elections

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.

Who will you vote for:-

a> Labour
2%
b> Conservative
15%
c> Lib Dem
No votes
d> UK Independence Party
41%
e> BNP
27%
f> Scots/Welsh Nationalists
No votes
g> Other
7%
h> Undecided
7%

Total votes: 41

Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Our poll so far........

.........I am a little worried to see 19% of us voting Tory, remember this is the party I have supported for 44 years that wants to keep us in the European Union, big business means big bucks.

..........and what about Charles Kennedy's lot, no one voting there? I can see a LibDem Labour pact coming before the next General Election, to save both Blairs and Kennedys necks.

Finally, what has Labour done wrong with only getting 3% of our vote, is it that they have sold us down the European Swannee River as an elected government or is it that their Euro MP's (MEP's) haven't got their message across to us yet, come on Labour only 6 more voting days left now, extractum digitum.
Chaff

Post by Chaff »

As someone has already mentioned, I don't think this forum is representatie of the voting public, but it's interesting nonetheless that labour are so far behind. On the back of the patriotism created by D-Day and the start of the European cup (fake or not), it couldn't have come at a worse time for them.

I don't see UKIP doing anything particularly productive, and I don't think they'd be ready to form a government by the next election, but as a means to an end I think they're worth voting for. It might just be the wake up call any future government needs to adjust their policies to suit what the electorate want. If it can happen in the Netherlands, why not here?
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD, YOU HAVE TO VOTE, IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU CANNOT MOAN AFTERWARDS, WE HAVE JUST REMEMBERED AN EVENT 60 YEARS AGO AS TO WHAT FREEDOM IS ALL ABOUT. THOSE GUYS FOUGHT AND DIED TO GIVE US OUR SAY, PLEASE REMEMBER THEM AND LET'S HAVE A BETTER TURNOUT THAN THE LAST TIME WHEN ONLY 20% VOTED
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Three days left to make your voice heard
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

According to The Times poll, the Labour party will just edge The Tories into second place:-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 89,00.html
Blue_wolf

Post by Blue_wolf »

I'm seriously considering making my own little box saying "None - Because no one party has convinced me that they deservive my vote" and before anyone says it, i'm not wasting my vote I'm making my opinion known because even spoiled papers must be counted.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

BW

None

I did include this when I set up the poll, perhaps you can only post 8 alternatives in the poll question
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

Tomorrow is voting day in the Euro Elections, if you are a 'don't know' here is your chance to find out from a list of what parties are standing, remember this is a proportional representative vote.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3726803.stm
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

Spannerman wrote:IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD, YOU HAVE TO VOTE, IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU CANNOT MOAN AFTERWARDS, WE HAVE JUST REMEMBERED AN EVENT 60 YEARS AGO AS TO WHAT FREEDOM IS ALL ABOUT. THOSE GUYS FOUGHT AND DIED TO GIVE US OUR SAY, PLEASE REMEMBER THEM AND LET'S HAVE A BETTER TURNOUT THAN THE LAST TIME WHEN ONLY 20% VOTED
If Spannerman doesn't get you off your arses to vote, then no one will. :)

Just don't vote labour :evil:
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY

Dear Land of Hope, thy hope is crowned.
God make thee mightier yet!
On Sov'ran brows, beloved, renowned,
Once more thy crown is set.

Thine equal laws, by Freedom gained,
Have ruled thee well and long;
By Freedom gained, by Truth maintained,
Thine Empire shall be strong.

Land of Hope and Glory, Mother of the Free,
How shall we extol thee, who are born of thee?
Wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set;
God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet.
God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet.

Thy fame is ancient as the days,
As Ocean large and wide:
A pride that dares, and heeds not praise,
A stern and silent pride:

Not that false joy that dreams content
With what our sires have won;
The blood a hero sire hath spent
Still nerves a hero son.

Composed by Elgar

A moth-eaten rag on a worm eaten pole,
It does not look likely to stir a man's soul;
'Tis the deeds that were done 'neath the moth-eaten rag,
When the pole was a staff and the rag was a flag.

Sir Edward Hamley

PLEASE DON'T LET OUR HISTORY SLIP THROUGH YOUR FINGERS AS IF HOLDING SAND
Marina

Post by Marina »

I don't know much about EU politics and I don't know whether to vote for the Tories or UKIP.
Wasn't the UKIP founded by the late Sir James Goldsmith ?

P.S
Elgar was a great composer, I especially like his 'Nimrod' composition.
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

London mayoral and assembly and remaining local election results are expected on Friday evening, with the European result on Sunday evening.

BBC News Online 10th June 2004
dootybooty

Post by dootybooty »

I hate to be contencious but some one has to bring it up. So far all the postal vote scams that I have read about or seen on the tv news involve members of our "ethnic communities" particularly those of the Muslim pursuasion. Any comments anyone?
Keep the faith.
Jason The Argonaut

Post by Jason The Argonaut »

Well I did my voting this morning, trying to get my sister and mother to get up and vote now.
I fight for my corner and secondly I leave when the pub closes. - Winston Churchill [img]http://www.world-of-smilies.de/html/images/smilies/teufel/smilie_vampire.gif[/img]
Spannerman

Post by Spannerman »

The time in the UK is now 2200hrs, the polls are closed, the votes are cast, is the die cast for a major upheaval in British/European Politics.

It would appear that the Lab/Con/LibDem vote may have crumbled at the expense of the UKIP and other fringe parties, this we will have to wait until 2100 hrs on Sunday to find the result and if it has crumbled what lame excuses will Blair/Howard and Kennedy come up with...........mmmm?